Suggestions to fix possible issues with the Property Update - Accepted - In Progress - Completed

Simpington

What you want to see? -  Id like to see if SMT could fix the amount of time a person can own a property in game

Why should we add it? -  Well let me explain, I love the new system. I feel like its a very welcomed feature that the server needed but we never asked for. To whom ever suggested this or had the idea to add it, kuddos to you. Now lets get to the nitty gritty of why it should be slightly modified. So on the PRP Discord server Jimmy James announced the update and he states "You will be purchasing the whole building in 1 hour increments" so that leads to the question how many hours can you own a base max? Well currently there two options for most bases, you can Buy or Rent a property for 2 in game day which is 2 hours IRL. No where states how many hours the "Buy" option gives you. Assuming that Jimmy said its in hour increments and the buy option is cheaper that Rent for 2 days option I must assume this is only for one hour. Also just throwing this out there but if you walked up to a door and buy it do you only buy it for 1 hour or do you rent it for 2 hours?  The main concern I have with the hour system is that the buy option should be permanent until the owner of the property disconnects from the server. Why you may ask read below to see why.

What are the advantages of having this? - First off I'm going to list the current disadvantages then state the advantages of adding my idea.

DISADVATAGES OF CURRENT SYSTEM

#1 - AFK: This is a huge disadvantage to those who AFKs. Why? Well lets use an example. I purchased the property but forgot when I bought it but I have to go AFK for a second and when I come back I have an admin telling me to delete my base because someone else just bought the front door. I can see this happening often because if Factions are at war with each other or if a minge wants to ruin someone's basing experience.        

#2- Police Raids: It'll be pretty hard to keep up with your time if your under siege by Gov. Some Gov raids can last hours. Don't believe me I was in a close to 6 hours raid months ago.

#3 - Costly: If you didn't notice some properties cost more than others. The most costly is the Yellow and White warehouses in the industrial district of Rockford, which cost $100,000 for just an hour or $300,000 for 2 hours. In 1 hour alone is just 100k which is hard to make in a hour if you don't have a custom printer. Even with a custom printer you'll hard make a profit or even go negative if you purchase the 300k option.

#4- Non user friendly to new people: The new players wont even know that their property has a time limit and ontop of that they only start with 125K. Almost 9 out of 10 times new players wont go to RTA to buy a base they'll just buy the front door and only pay for the 1 hour and most likely will spend most of that money and wont be able to make any profit at all. That might frustrate them and cause them to leave. With that being said none of the doors say how much your going to buy the property for so if they want the white Wearhouse little do they know they'll lose 100K of their starting 125K leaving them with 25K. the only thing they'll have to resort to is weed and weed wont make you enough in an hour to profit. 

IDEAS AND HOW TO IMPROVE THE CURRENT SYSTEM

#1- Make the buy option Permanent until disconnect: Doing that will reelevate any concerns of players who forgot or is worrying when they lose their spot of owning the property. Keeping minges from buying the door just to make people delete their bases. Also like I stated earlier when your being raided I'm sure no one will pay attention to the doors with their names on them as some raids by gov can last a long time.

#2- Add a timer on the doors of when the full day(s) is over and add property price onto doors of the property: This would be a good alternative if SMT don't want to make the Buy option perma owned until disconnect, then no one can argue that they don't know when they have to rebuy the property. Adding the door prices to buy the door would also be appreciated especially for the newcomers of the server.

#3- Removing the ability to purchase the property with the door-  Another alternative to adding a property price on a door but the opposite. Make it to where you can only purchase the property at RTA so that minges cant buy the property by buying the door and would also keep new players from blowing all their money when they first start, at least the RTA computer will give them all the info they need so they know how much they are spending. 

#4- Lower the prices by 10-25%: It would help the margin of profit to property cost ratio

#5-  Add More hours options for owning a property: self explanatory

#6-  Make a remote way for buying property: Maybe a command or a phone addon that only lets you buy property without all the other fancy features to reduce lag, or maybe make it where each person can spawn 1 PC that's at RTA in their base as an entity. They can only spawn this entity in their property if they already have purchased the area. I know this idea sounds little weird and counter intuitive to having a PC in the RTA but I'm just throwing out ideas that could improve this awesome update. 

Thank you for listening to my whims, tell me what you guys think down below on my ideas also tell me what's your favorite and least favorite part of this new update. 

Who is it mainly for? - People who wants to bases

Links to any content -  N/A

Edited by Simpington
I'm OCD had to space thing nice and neatly,

20 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I recognized the cost issue right away, and all of the printers were significantly  buffed with the properties release. I will add it to the update log tomorrow

Thanks so much for reading jimmmy. I appreciate your quick response and even responding to one of my conserns with a fix already. Is there any chance there might me a perma option until disconnect or even a 3 hour option? 

I do kind of wish you could use it anywhere you go, kinda like bitminers, it definitely has its flaws when it comes to that, really that is the only complaint I have about it,

Wait Light mode is a thing there... so that is number two

other then that that's it lol

• Like 1

Alright im boutta head out

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

I do kind of wish you could use it anywhere you go, kinda like bitminers, it definitely has its flaws when it comes to that, really that is the only complaint I have about it,

Wait Light mode is a thing there... so that is number two

other then that that's it lol

yeah using the same feature like the remote bitminers command would be cool. !property or /property could bring up the same phone as the remotebitminers command and you can select one of the properties on that list. You could also use the RTA computer to buy access the property command for 100k or something like it, its similar to buying the remote command in the bit miner. It would still give RTA a use. Just shooting out even more ideas.

Okay to address all of your suggestions:

1 & 5) I have increased the time you can purchase a property to 5 hours and lowered the price of each hour after the first.

2, 3 & 6) There is no way to add a timer, door purchasing, or remote purchasing with the current state of the addon

4) All money printers have been buffed to increase their payout to compensate for the price of the property .