ZJ's Warn Appeal

ZJ

Your In-game Name: ZJ

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:1:39508321

The admin's name in-game: Pillercat

What warning did you receive:  Prop Abuse/Minging

When did you receive this warning: Just now

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: I just reconnected to the server and we were joking around in dblock and I spawned 1 statue prop and deleted it and spawned another one. I wasn't even moving the prop around other mods and admins were moving them around.

Why do you think this warn was false: It was only 1 prop, I mean I paid to spawn props and I only spawn 1 prop and get warned?

Evidence the warning is false: Just seems pretty ridiculous that I can't even spawn 1 prop without getting a warn? Proof that I literally just got into the server. I didn't see him say not to spawn them and was immediately brought. Okay a little context I spawned a total of 3 props one at a time, but I deleted them before spawning another one, everyone was screaming about it and I thought it was a joke that we couldn't spawn them, I didn't even know Pillercat was there it was chaos, you know how dblock gets if you've ever been in there. Once we got into the sit I told him I didn't see it and wouldn't spawn anymore and that I was sorry I thought everyone was joking, if I had seen him say not to spawn them I would have stopped. As I said I thought they were joking it was chaos in there and admins were throwing my prop all over the place when I spawned 1.

I'd also like to take the time to state that I generally take the warn and let the evidence speak for itself.  Unfortunately nobody seems to have a clip of the situation, so its a he said she said at this point. What really needs to be determined here is if spawning 3 props is really a warnable action.
EW1P9l7.png

Edited by ZJ

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

+/- Support on this one

I don't really know if Super Admins can take sit's on their own and just warn people like that, but at the same time he did tell you to not do it. I would assume you placed more props and he brought you. 

Evidence doesn't really show much.

Nu7 SGT/JFE/TR/FTO | Experienced Medic/CCU/FTO/FM
[CC] Owns: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero'
[CC] On: A Normal D-Class
"I Got You In My Sights" - Soldier 76

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

23 minutes ago, TheHumanPiano said:

+Support, he spawned in a single statue and other mods/admins messed with it, he should not be getting the blame and warn for this

The staff should get punished for abuse if anything. 

• Dislike 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Hello,

As stated in the sit, you were warned for prop minge/abuse due to you spawning in multiple large props and not heeding a member of staff (Sprink) when he told you to stop. Additionally, we had just recovered from a massive amount of lag that disconnected a large portion of the players and prop abuse does not help the situation. I also put instructions in chat for you to stop and you did not listen. As a member of command, you should be familiar with the rules of the server. Please see the attached screenshot of the logs and the video clip of the sit:

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/bbwbRitXRI6HV/d13371xrHNYj?invite=cr-MSxvNGssMjAwMTU0MTQs

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2754952778

As seen in the logs, two props were removed in that one screenshot, which means it was done a minimum of two times. Not to mention one of them was spawned on the upper catwalk and immediately began colliding with the railings and had to be instantly deleted to avoid collision issues.

Edited by Piller

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

Pretty sure 2 of those didn't actually spawn, as "you cannot spawn props inside of people" what Sprink actually said in a joking manor was "If I see one person spawn a prop I am going to be so angry" so I did it then he was all like "WOAHHHHHHHHHHHH" and then people started throwing them around Dblock. Also that video or log doesn't show that they were deleted before I spawned another nor does it show staff throwing them around or the tone that was in dblock at the time or the chaos.

Edited by ZJ

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

+support if he'd only just got on the server as he says then he had no way of knowing about the server crash so wouldn't know not to spawn them because of it. Sprink did tell him to stop but we don't know how this was said and without proof, knowing sprink, I could see him saying it in a manner that might be confused as a joke, especially if he didn't make it clear he was saying this as staff. You did say to stop in chat but, as you should hopefully know, sometimes stuff goes unseen in chat, especially in D-Block where there is usually always something going on. It also seemed to have been code yellow, meaning we wouldn't need to be on high alert and as such will most likely not check chat as frequently, especially for something said ONCE in OOC chat, things are easily missed in chat when you're not expecting or looking for them, hell i miss stuff all the time, even MTF misses stuff in chat it's mentioned at meetings enough so it should be expected for some things will go unnoticed, ESPECIALLY when they're said once, in OOC chat which we'd have no real reason to take much notice of.
Most of the time when i see an admin telling someone or some people not to do something, they make it undeniably clear they're speaking to them, often physgunning them  talking in voice chat repeatedly or adverting with the (@) sign so i'm unsure why this wasn't done in this scenario. In the sit he also made it very obvious he didn't really understand what was happening and that he would stop the misconduct. I feel like I could add more to this but i'll stop here.

Edited by Meridian

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

57 minutes ago, ripjaw56789 said:

-support

image.png.138e3d6051188d80a7ce6c755aee2483.png

You state that you spawned props as D Class. Twice. I would have warned you too since your screenshot also shows him telling you not to spawn props. So not only did you not listen to Piller, you violated a rule. (Class Specific > Class D Personnel rule #4)

2 minutes ago, Respecter of Women Big Ben said:

Again, I wasn't on dclass

50 minutes ago, Piller said:

Hello,

As stated in the sit, you were warned for prop minge/abuse due to you spawning in multiple large props and not heeding a member of staff (Sprink) when he told you to stop. Additionally, we had just recovered from a massive amount of lag that disconnected a large portion of the players and prop abuse does not help the situation. I also put instructions in chat for you to stop and you did not listen. As a member of command, you should be familiar with the rules of the server. Please see the attached screenshot of the logs and the video clip of the sit:

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/bbwbRitXRI6HV/d13371xrHNYj?invite=cr-MSxvNGssMjAwMTU0MTQs

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2754952778

As seen in the logs, two props were removed in that one screenshot, which means it was done a minimum of two times. Not to mention one of them was spawned on the upper catwalk and immediately began colliding with the railings and had to be instantly deleted to avoid collision issues.

It wasn't spawned into the upper catwalk an admin/mod grabbed it and threw it up there.....

+Support 

53 minutes ago, Boomer SCP said:

+support

If he was genuinely confused and didn't know he was wrong it should be at least just a verbal.

Ranks: Former DHWD SEC MAJ | Former Nu7 SM | Former Research RM | Former Foxtrot-15 | EXM

CCs: (Owns) Omnipurpouse Furry Force, (On) MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' , Snowmen , MTF Unit Heaven Ascendants A Normal D-Class 

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." --- JFK

-support 

sprink did tell I stop he is both staff and ur supervisor u know the rules he may be a minge but there’s times when things need to be taken more seriously u are a command member u are expected to act like one

• Like 1

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

4 minutes ago, Pure said:

-support 

sprink did tell I stop he is both staff and ur supervisor u know the rules he may be a minge but there’s times when things need to be taken more seriously u are a command member u are expected to act like one

Changing to this ^

Nu7 SGT/JFE/TR/FTO | Experienced Medic/CCU/FTO/FM
[CC] Owns: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero'
[CC] On: A Normal D-Class
"I Got You In My Sights" - Soldier 76

1 minute ago, Pure said:

-support 

You are missing the point, just because he said it doesn't mean he said it in a serious tone and when people grab your props and throw them around, does that indicate to you they are being serious about it? Why isn't anyone talking about that? How did you miss that staff were throwing my props around the room?

22 minutes ago, ZJ said:

You are missing the point, just because he said it doesn't mean he said it in a serious tone and when people grab your props and throw them around, does that indicate to you they are being serious about it? Why isn't anyone talking about that? How did you miss that staff were throwing my props around the room?

If that’s the case then u should be making a player report on sprink or even a command complaint in the discord, ur responsible for what u do spawning props ect. (also I was there he was trying to move the prop to a isolated corner since he doesn’t have a toolgun off duty)

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

1 hour ago, Pure said:

If that’s the case then u should be making a player report on sprink or even a command complaint in the discord, ur responsible for what u do spawning props ect. (also I was there he was trying to move the prop to a isolated corner since he doesn’t have a toolgun off duty)

Unfortunately I have no video evidence of the fact or anything pointing to the motives of why he was or whoever else was moving them. This is conjecture at best. My opinion of the events was he was joking, if I had thought he was serious I would have stopped immediately. If I had seen piller say to stop in OOC I would again have stopped immediately.  I would not nor do I intend to break the rules on the server intentionally. Hell I am usually the one reporting others for breaking them.

Lets say theoretically I did think that the 1 admin out of the 4 there was being serious about not spawning props and I did see Piller say that I shouldn't, it would be VERY VERY dumb of me to continue don't you think? The fact that I am fighting the warn seems to me that I wouldn't intentionally want to get warned for something when there was 4 admins there.

Edited by ZJ

• Head Admin

Forum Diplomat Message

Please refrain from arguing on any warning/ ban appeals, and keep your comments to either +Support or -Support
with supporting reasons to back up your stance on the matter.

Future comments or replies that come across as off-topic to the subject matter, or argumentative posts of any kind will be removed,
and disciplinary actions may be taken against those who fail to comply with forum rules.

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

5 hours ago, ripjaw56789 said:

-support

image.png.138e3d6051188d80a7ce6c755aee2483.png

You state that you spawned props as D Class. Twice. I would have warned you too since your screenshot also shows him telling you not to spawn props. So not only did you not listen to Piller, you violated a rule. (Class Specific > Class D Personnel rule #4)

• Laughing 1

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

+ Support

Kinda silly how he got warned for spawning a few “large” (cuz they aren’t really large) props, ZJ has been one of the most dedicated players on the server and even got himself unblacklisted so he could play again.

Either way, a JMT member gave you the warning soooo you’re kinda fucked, good luck.

Edited by Diz

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

-support, was told by staff/higher up to not spawn in props and continued to do so.

Also arguing on your app does not help

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5