New Surface Objective "CONQUEST" (ECHO-5 Rework) - Denied

Cuz L0g1c

Post name: 
New Surface Objective "CONQUEST" (ECHO-5 Rework)

What are you suggesting? - 

A new surface game mode that will replace the current ECHO-5 raid. 

How it works: 

In this new game mode you will dominate the surface by controlling three points of interest on the map. These POI's are ZONE ALPHA (Pirate ship lake), ZONE BETA (Abandoned town), and ZONE CHARLIE (Chemical facility aka ECHO-5). These are the GREEN ZONES on the map.

RED ZONES are safe zones. These zones contain spawn areas. No one can shoot into or out of the red zones. ONCE YOU LEAVE  THE RED ZONE YOU CANNOT RE-ENTER THE ZONE!!!

Each zone will take 15 seconds to capture. Zones cannot be captured when an enemy is within the zone radius. If a enemy enters a zone being captured, the zone will pause capturing until only one faction is present within the zones radius. Once the enemy is removed from the zone, the zone will resume being captured. When  a faction captures a zone that faction will begin to earn points. The faction with the most amount of points at the end of the time limit will be victorious and earn the reward (up to SMT).

Who can participate:

• Chaos Insurgency
  • RRH
  • E-11

With SITE ADMINISTRATIONS APPROVAL the following units can be sent to reinforce foundation forces.

• G9
  • HTF

Sarkic can roam surface and terminate/capture players as usual however, they CANNOT start a raid on the Foundation or Chaos Insurgency until conquest is over.

NO OTHER UNITS CAN PARTICIPATE OR INTERFERE WITH A CONQUEST!!!

Raid timer and controls:

Conquest can be activated by E11 or Chaos Insurgency once every hour. Each conquest event takes fifteen minutes. During a conquest event NLR from both teams are nullified. There must be at minimum ten combatant representatives on each faction EXCLUDING G9 AND HTF to start a conquest. These include custom characters and exclude AFK players on appropriate jobs. Chaos Insurgency CANNOT raid while a conquest is active. Foundation Forces CANNOT start a conquest while code black is activated or a chaos raid is in progress.

How would this change better the server? - 

With this rework, it will give entertaining combat experience to involved players. At the moment the ECHO-5 raid has not been used frequently by either factions because it is (in my option) boring and not worth the reward.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

There are no disadvantages of making this change to the server as it eliminates a rarely used event and replaces it with a more entertaining one.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

Combative branches that spawn on surface (CI, RRH, E11, and Sarkic).

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - 

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/conquest-capture-points-ingame-config

There are multiple conquest/domination addons available. This is just an example of a widely used one.

Side note: 

Obviously this is a suggestion meaning lots of components can change such as time limits, rewards, units involved, etc. My main focus is the event itself as I want it to be as fun and enjoyable for all players involved. 😄

Conquest Surface.png

Edited by Cuz L0g1c
I can't spell | Added side note
  • Gaminglight Love 1

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

-Support

This is SUPER cool and honestly i would love to participate in this, but I can't support it.

For one, CI have higher odds against them. Idk what G9 is, but to my knowledge CI is the only threat to the foundation THAT CAN ALSO PARTICIPATE. Meaning that they will almost always have more forces against them. Maybe they can hold up maybe not. 

Next, I feel like this would get way too much attention. People will only get on to do this, and probably flag off and wait the hour to do it again. Not saying this WILL happen, but it's what I foresee. 

Take what I say as you like, especially since I have no idea what the benefit of Echo-5 currently is. I left right before it was added. 

It's also an investment. $10 for something that may or may not improve surface game play

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda
Hate auto correct

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

-Support

Would hurt other jobs with surface access (RFA, for example) in favor of more widespread combat. I prefer E5 as it is. 

Also hurts RFA by removing them from one of the things they can do.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+ Support

Surface has tons of unused space so I don’t see a reason as to why it shouldn’t be added, it would be really cool to have cloakers or snipers sort of “spying” on the enemy team to see where they’re going and what their strategy is.
Although I think that HSU and G9 should be allowed in the thing

And it’s only 12 bucks, even I could pay for it if needed.

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

11 hours ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

-Support

This is SUPER cool and honestly i would love to participate in this, but I can't support it.

For one, CI have higher odds against them. Idk what G9 is, but to my knowledge CI is the only threat to the foundation THAT CAN ALSO PARTICIPATE. Meaning that they will almost always have more forces against them. Maybe they can hold up maybe not. 

Next, I feel like this would get way too much attention. People will only get on to do this, and probably flag off and wait the hour to do it again. Not saying this WILL happen, but it's what I foresee. 

Take what I say as you like, especially since I have no idea what the benefit of Echo-5 currently is. I left right before it was added. 

It's also an investment. $10 for something that may or may not improve surface game play

Also screw paid gmod addons.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Diz said:

+ Support

Surface has tons of unused space so I don’t see a reason as to why it shouldn’t be added, it would be really cool to have cloakers or snipers sort of “spying” on the enemy team to see where they’re going and what their strategy is.

Gotta go with this. Surface is fairly stale currently and this would help switch it up and add some diversity.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

9 hours ago, Diz said:

+ Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+/- support

+ Would add more life to surface and make it more unique

+/- Turns surface into a battlefield 1 map (giving combative branches more to do, but restricting access to RP branches)

-  Seems like only a short term solution and would probably require tons of players to be fun. as surface is a huge area, if only 10 E-11 and 10 CI were on how would they find eachother without takin tons of time

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

+support
except MTF would need more help to do this

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

On 2/16/2022 at 1:10 AM, Diz said:

+ Support

Make surface cool again!

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

On 2/15/2022 at 8:32 PM, Nydekore said:

-Support

Would hurt other jobs with surface access (RFA, for example) in favor of more widespread combat. I prefer E5 as it is. 

Also hurts RFA by removing them from one of the things they can do.

Could find a way to implement RFA in the new system tho, aint like we haven't changed them up a bit before. It only hurts us if we dont adapt, and like...we are probably the most adaptive force on the server as of late.

+support

i aint done an echo-5 since the fuckin' paleolithic era

What rp branch sends ANYBODY to surface with the SOLE exception of RFA, which can just be adapted to it the same way it was for the original Echo-5?

Paid add ons give me terminal cancer but like, thats deadass just money for lunch right there. McDonalds order is about the same cash, and with how much money the servers rake in, its likely a drop in the puddle. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

On 2/16/2022 at 4:10 AM, Diz said:

+ Support

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 3:10 AM, Diz said:

+ Support

OG DT TI-23 Marksmen V07 (Retired)
FormerSenior Gunnery Officer LX003, Lord I SilonDT 1LT DI3Imperial RP Moderator

-support

A very recent change was made to lower the requirement people needed on both sides and make it so D5 and E11 now count towards Echo 5 raids. Since then the amount of Echo 5 raids have increased a ton; supplementing the need for this suggestion. A lot of the surface zone outside of town is used for a variety of things such as events, SF stuff; and RFA stuff. We don't need the entirety of surface zone turned into a battlefield all the time. While I would have supported this initially, with the recent changes to Echo 5; we have no need for an echo 5 rework.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

On 2/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

-Support

yes

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

On 2/16/2022 at 4:10 AM, Diz said:

+ Support

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

-Support

This would be really fun if the balance wasn't heavily in favor of CI. For a total surface takeover event, MTF doesn't have near as many units as it would need. G9 and HTF should be automatically allowed to play, as there would very rarely be enough E11 to defend from all of CI. Especially since CI is balanced to "fight through 3 MTF branches AND security". Very good chance that Stealth OP would also be needed, as E11 only has 2 classes with snipers, one being a hand picked SF branch. I would for sure change it to a plus support if G9, HTF, and stealth op were always allowed to partake.

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

i would've given it a +support as it's a really good idea when you think about it initially.

but when you get into more details and you think about it, especially with the server as laggy as it usually is until it gets ported over to sandbox, i dont see it working out that well

so -support as of now until we do get the server ported over to the new game

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 3/16/2022 at 2:15 PM, Zack / Zarl said:

-Support

This would be really fun if the balance wasn't heavily in favor of CI. For a total surface takeover event, MTF doesn't have near as many units as it would need. G9 and HTF should be automatically allowed to play, as there would very rarely be enough E11 to defend from all of CI. Especially since CI is balanced to "fight through 3 MTF branches AND security". Very good chance that Stealth OP would also be needed, as E11 only has 2 classes with snipers, one being a hand picked SF branch. I would for sure change it to a plus support if G9, HTF, and stealth op were always allowed to partake.

Literally everything you said is summed up right here  

On 2/15/2022 at 8:27 PM, Cuz L0g1c said:

Side note: 

Obviously this is a suggestion meaning lots of components can change such as time limits, rewards, units involved, etc. My main focus is the event itself as I want it to be as fun and enjoyable for all players involved. 😄

• Like 1

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

• 2 weeks later...