General Suggestion - Staff Sit System Change - Denied

islandtoad

What are you suggesting? - I am requesting that whenever senior admins+ claim staff tickets by pressing goto or bring in the f11 menu that it doesn't automatically put them on the staff job.

How would this change better the server? - There are still a few bugs with the staff sit system such as resetting speed, and it would simply just improve quality of life for senior admin+. As well as since senior admin+ can use powers off duty anyways there is no real need to put them on the staff job.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not really, but I don't know how difficult it would be to code.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Senior Admin+

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+Support

It can be a bit glitchy at times and Senior Admin+ can already use powers off duty, so might as well allow them to utilize that for smoother sits.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

3 minutes ago, Piller said:

+Support

It can be a bit glitchy at times and Senior Admin+ can already use powers off duty, so might as well allow them to utilize that for smoother sits.

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

+support 

Would be a nice quality of life addition if possible to add in.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

3 hours ago, Diz said:

+ Support

Ain’t a senior admin but it would be pretty funny to have a D-Class dealing with an rdm sit or something

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

10 hours ago, Piller said:

+Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

I see it extremely unneeded to be honest. The only benefit I see from this is purely on aesthetics. Just simply a different model when click the buttons.

I mean, sure, people see you off duty, meaning you must be a senior staff member who knows what he is doing. So maybe they can trust you, something like that.

But I feel like this creates more bugs in the end if this feature gets added. You would also have to do it for Super Admins, Head Admin, and above if Senior Admins get them. 

+Support

But yeah, I’m sure it’s a nice quality of life and it gives staff members of an incentive to reach for Senior Admin more than it already does.

david-goggins-lifting.gif

On 2/16/2022 at 11:08 PM, Shin said:

I see it extremely unneeded to be honest. The only benefit I see from this is purely on aesthetics. Just simply a different model when click the buttons.

I mean, sure, people see you off duty, meaning you must be a senior staff member who knows what he is doing. So maybe they can trust you, something like that.

But I feel like this creates more bugs in the end if this feature gets added. You would also have to do it for Super Admins, Head Admin, and above if Senior Admins get them. 

+Support

But yeah, I’m sure it’s a nice quality of life and it gives staff members of an incentive to reach for Senior Admin more than it already does.

+Support

Ranks: Former DHWD SEC MAJ | Former Nu7 SM | Former Research RM | Former Foxtrot-15 | EXM

CCs: (Owns) Omnipurpouse Furry Force, (On) MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' , Snowmen , MTF Unit Heaven Ascendants A Normal D-Class 

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." --- JFK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...