General Suggestion - Make tank classes tanks again - Denied

Catalyst

What are you suggesting? - Globally increase the health and armor for "tank" sub branches and classes. The current tank classes are really underwhelming because a majority of them have the same HP/AP values as lower enlisted (Despite being tank classes)

I will not be giving any suggestions due to the controversial topic of giving CI/SEC more HP/AP but i will state that they are in need of an increase, especially for Nu7 BHM.

How would this change better the server? - It would (likely) massively increase activity within those jobs and sub branches.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Some classes on the server would be more durable, meaning a slightly decreased TTK.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 
CI Heavy
Nu7 Behemoth (In dire need of this change)
E11 Combat Engineer
Security Juggernaut

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

I really don't want to deal with 250/225 classes again...  because then everyone just plays them and every class below 150 150 is insignificant.

There was a lowering of hp and ap for a reason, because every damn branch update had a hp and ap increase until it was just ridiculous.

-Support 

• Like 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+ Support

Only for foundation jobs though, CI has enough already even on their starter job. "Tank" classes really don't feel like anything special, it's just another job with different guns and they get overshined by other aspects of other classes. I'm not talking about making then 250/250 or anything like that but a small HP or armor increase would be good.

Also justice for BHM, thank you 🙂 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

+support, I like the idea of having 1 class for each branch that actually feels like a beefy boi

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

On 2/15/2022 at 5:04 PM, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Only for foundation jobs though, CI has enough already even on their starter job. "Tank" classes really don't feel like anything special, it's just another job with different guns and they get overshined by other aspects of other classes. I'm not talking about making then 250/250 or anything like that but a small HP or armor increase would be good.

JUSTICE FOR BEHEMOTH +Support

spacer.png

+ Support

Make Security Jugg an actual Jugg! 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+ Support

+ Support 

A "tank" should have a decent amount of health/armor to be able to tank damage

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

+ Support

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

On 2/15/2022 at 2:04 PM, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

All CI jobs tank jobs lmao

+Support

Edited by Mind Stone

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

• 2 weeks later...

+++MASSIVE SUPPORT

foundation "tank" classes die pretty quickly despite being chonky.    Nu-7 Behemoth dies nearly instantly in every scenario..  dclass jugggy lives for a long time but when that good riot party comes around or ci pops up its pretty useless cuz it'll be dead.

CI military is full tanks it takes quite a while to kill just a alpha op, don't get me started with the command job, things got more life than an scp, I swear.

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

On 2/15/2022 at 10:04 PM, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

On 2/15/2022 at 11:04 PM, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

On 2/15/2022 at 1:47 PM, Some Weeb said:

because then everyone just plays them and every class below 150 150 is insignificant.

I mean, Most tank classes are never played due to dying faster than other units. Not to mention they have limited slots to avoid the issue of too many of them.   BHM has either 4 or 6 slots and is also a extremely slow class, slower than the CI heavy and most of the other "tank" classes. BHM also has the same hp as most lower nu7 and gensec ncos. about 175/150 or 150/150 or even 150/125.  Not very high at all despite being called a "Behemoth". 

On 2/15/2022 at 3:26 PM, Diz said:

I believe the jobs you mentioned should just get new weapons or something.

Most weapons define what the job is.  Nu-7 Behemoth & Goliath is recognized by the auger. 

CI Heavy is the Ares (and it's PM)

G9 is the Hier Apparent.

Jugg would be the M60

Taking those guns away from the jobs would completely change the jobs. 

This goes for the D5 branch in general. The Destiny weapons and other things Define the branch for what it is. Without them D5 wouldn't feel like D5.. . 

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

On 2/15/2022 at 5:34 PM, PandaInShitpostLand said:

+support (slightly)
I would be fine with foundation tank classes getting some extra HP or armor (25), but i would prefer to wait till TTK is decreased.

Change my mind slightly

Big boy buffs to HP for ONLY Foundation tank classes... all of CI could be considered tank classes already

Edited by PandaInShitpostLand

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

+ Support

+MASSIVE SUPPORT

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

+support so long as a few general rules for "Tank Classes" are followed when HP is raised on these jobs:

•  Damage output is low, generally good at covering fire but not about to spray people down
  • Mobility is low, especially if they have their weapon out. Tank classes should have larger weapons that make it hard for them to move about quickly.
  • Larger playermodels / hitboxes to make them easier to spot and shoot.
  • Less slots on the job to stop the whole of the Foundation being on high HP jobs.

The above list are the tried and tested methods of making tank classes work in any game. Changing this balance usually results in tanks being unbalanced and nobody likes someone with a lot of HP who is also strong in another way, however I agree that it's a little ridiculous that Field Expert on Nu-7 has the same HP as most "tank" classes.

+/- Support

I Believe only foundation "tank" classes should get this change as CI already has multiple tank classes and weaponry to take down classes with high HP anyways. but a few changes should be made to the foundation tank classes

Low Mobility *tank classes should be slower than all other classes because of all their Armor and weaponry*
Moderately lower damage output *the DMG output is alright but if we don't want others to complain make either the weapons fire slower or them do less damage*
*if less damage* Make the gun fire faster *this gives D-Class/CI a challenge when facing these tank classes
Have the player limit on these "tank" classes be 2-4 *because we don't want like 50 people on a 200/255 class*

this is just to make it fair for everyone playing GOIs it seems fair to me atleast.

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

+support, it adds an interesting aspect to combat, the tank classes are the ones to take the lead and soak up damage, this would be very pogger as it would mean that the combat aspect of the server would be accurate as in people wouldnt want to battle a tank calss alone, strength in numbers right? exactly.

RETIRED

On 3/11/2022 at 2:28 AM, Obito said:

+support, it adds an interesting aspect to combat, the tank classes are the ones to take the lead and soak up damage, this would be very pogger as it would mean that the combat aspect of the server would be accurate as in people wouldnt want to battle a tank calss alone, strength in numbers right? exactly.

Due to how much rework would need to take place in adding a system such as "tank classes" myself and site-admin currently dont see it be hugely beneficial compared to the workload and setup. We may take another look at this suggestion in the future however.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1