The Ultimate Weapon Change Suggestion [Completed]

PandaInShitpostLand

-support, making weapons do more damage and lowering TTK will eliminate medical and maintenance usefulness, if you die before you can get healed in almost every fight.... although I am for making some of the USELESS guns more useful

I don't think people are realizing that people dying more quickly actually means, means the people with long NLRs are less useful and short NLR's are more powerful, this is a classic bait and switch

Edited by ZJ

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

On 2/18/2022 at 12:26 AM, ZJ said:

-support, making weapons do more damage and lowering TTK will eliminate medical and maintenance usefulness, if you die before you can get healed in almost every fight.... although I am for making some of the USELESS guns more useful

I don't think people are realizing that people dying more quickly actually means, means the people with long NLRs are less useful and short NLR's are more powerful, this is a classic bait and switch

I don't see so
The changes I'm suggesting aren't the most drastic. combat is extremely sluggish and slow currently. Fighting D-Class (especially with high powered CC weapons) may not make that problem clear but it is a problem when it gets to massive MTF vs CI Scenarios

Medics would actually retain their usefulness. Lower TTK means you can die faster so there's a bigger threshold to where you can be one tapped, allowing for medics to stop you from dying in one shot, they also have Defibs...

I attempted to balance that out and will continue to do so with suggestions from you guys. Weaker classes with shorter NLR's have weapons that are weaker (mainly due to those classes either being the D's or the Sec). Gensec command may have better weapons however they are command, they deserve their position and some extra treats.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:35 AM, TheHumanPiano said:

-support, i love RP and i want to be able to RP and not die, i'm sure CI will say the same when this gets pushed...

RP wont die (however it already isn't in a great position). 
CI cannot just go out of their way to kill non combatants unless they are E4. which are meant to be powerful anyway.
CI will stay *somewhat* the same, however a group vs a lone MTF will be much more fun, as if the lone MTF plays extremely smart, he can enter the positive trade threshold where he can take out multiple CI before he goes down as well. this will make combat more punishing and rewarding.

Edited by PandaInShitpostLand

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

3 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

I don't see so
The changes I'm suggesting aren't the most drastic. combat is extremely sluggish and slow currently. Fighting D-Class (especially with high powered CC weapons) may not make that problem clear but it is a problem when it gets to massive MTF vs CI Scenarios

Medics would actually retain their usefulness. Lower TTK means you can die faster so there's a bigger threshold to where you can be one tapped. allowing for medics to retain usefulness, they also have Defibs...

I attempted to balance that out and will continue to do so with suggestions from you guys. Weaker classes with shorter NLR's have weapons that are weaker (mainly due to those classes either being the D's or the Sec). Gensec command may have better weapons however they are command, they deserve their position and some extra treats.

RP wont die (however it already isn't in a great position). 
CI cannot just go out of their way to kill non combatants unless they are E4. which are meant to be powerful anyway.
CI will stay *somewhat* the same, however a group vs a lone MTF will be much more fun, as if the lone MTF plays extremely smart, he can enter the positive trade threshold where he can take out multiple CI before he goes down as well. this will make combat more punishing and rewarding.

If defibs are allowed in dblock then I would agree with this but they aren't.

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

Massive +support

Make the server more realistic by decreasing TTK; for those who seem worried about it making medics and maintenance useless; Gaminglight's MilRP used CW 2.0 weapons with a very low TTK compared to all other gaminglight servers but medics were still praised and considered one of the most useful units on the server. I don't think this will hurt medical/maintenance at all.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

image.thumb.png.fc525458f558349d968eff85ab55233b.png

Never have I ever seen a gun more useless than this thing. What sane human being would buy this, it's worthless.
The spread is so bad you could hit people to your left that are half way across the map. 
Even aiming is bad with this horrid gun.

This gun had one job and that was to shoot. And it failed that horribly

+Soup for everything

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

11 hours ago, DooM Guy said:

image.thumb.png.fc525458f558349d968eff85ab55233b.png

Never have I ever seen a gun more useless than this thing. What sane human being would buy this, it's worthless.
The spread is so bad you could hit people to your left that are half way across the map. 
Even aiming is bad with this horrid gun.

This gun had one job and that was to shoot. And it failed that horribly

+Soup for everything

2 = Hipfire, 5 = ADS...

When you hipfire your aiming with this fuckin thing. the damage isn't even good enough to compensate

19 hours ago, Cecil Stedmen said:

Massive +support

Make the server more realistic by decreasing TTK; for those who seem worried about it making medics and maintenance useless; Gaminglight's MilRP used CW 2.0 weapons with a very low TTK compared to all other gaminglight servers but medics were still praised and considered one of the most useful units on the server. I don't think this will hurt medical/maintenance at all.

Right? I don’t get ZJs concern. 

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

+ Support

Having a faster TTK will eliminate the number of times people just run around headfirst into gunfights without a plan, people will start to coordinate and work together to win. This will be great for helping build teamwork. 

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

I don't think it can be overstated how much effort got put into this suggestion, so kudos to Panda.

I'm a little split. As it is right now, much of the high HP/AP classes know they can tank a certain amount of damage, so you sometimes see them throw tactics right out the window. I've seen groups of MTF just standing on top of the ledge in D-Block, firing at D-Class without a care in the world because they know they can tank their shots. I've also seen CI just rush headfirst into bottlenecks, such as the CPs, because they know they can tank Security - even if they're outnumbered. I understand expediency in raids and bravado from a well-equipped, well-trained group of MTF in the face of a ragtag group of prisoners, but bullets should be something feared. Suicidal tendencies should be left to the Sarkic Cult.

At the same time, no one likes dying instantly in a gunfight. Everybody likes having a chance to do some damage. This was never designed to be ARMA, and the TTK issue seems to be most egregious when you have the most tanky classes facing off against each other (CI vs. MTF), so shouldn't we focus on that singular issue?

On 2/20/2022 at 12:28 AM, Toasty said:

+ Support

Having a faster TTK will eliminate the number of times people just run around headfirst into gunfights without a plan, people will start to coordinate and work together to win. This will be great for helping build teamwork. 

+support but all weapons would need to be taken into consideration like the KF2 katana, Enoch's Katana, and the doom chainsaw that HTF has as to balance those weapons out with the reduced TTK

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

+SUPPORT

Good changes, however i don't think the AS VAL needs a rework. Its essentially the only tool that's effective against shredding an unsuspecting target, since it offers both high damage and RPM with the trade off of unbearable recoil during combat. Unless something similar is given i think the VAL should remain in its current state, maybe with a damage buff, but besides that it serves a very niche purpose no other gun has.

On 2/22/2022 at 11:05 PM, 1stSavagerY said:

+support but all weapons would need to be taken into consideration like the KF2 katana, Enoch's Katana, and the doom chainsaw that HTF has as to balance those weapons out with the reduced TTK

The problem is this was done with my ET guidelines and i mainly took firearms into consideration
I was granted permission to use most SET guns.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, Catalyst said:

+SUPPORT

Good changes, however i don't think the AS VAL needs a rework. Its essentially the only tool that's effective against shredding an unsuspecting target, since it offers both high damage and RPM with the trade off of unbearable recoil during combat. Unless something similar is given i think the VAL should remain in its current state, maybe with a damage buff, but besides that it serves a very niche purpose no other gun has.

High firerate ambush weapons should remain with the SMG class.

Edited by PandaInShitpostLand

On 2/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, Meridian said:

+ Support! Please stop me from shooting someone 14 times and doing less then 100 damage!
I feel like, as of now, everyone takes way too long to kill, I don't think it should ever take 5 consecutive shots to the head to kill someone even if you're using a pistol and yet it seems to, with pretty much any combatant even while using AR's and SMG's.
Obviously this would be a massive overhaul and might be annoying short term combat wise while all classes adjust to new damage and weapons but I think in the long run it'll make combat feel a lot more alive and dangerous to be a part of, and once branch updates role out to adjust to this change I truly believe it will make the server a much more enjoyable place for those in combat branches.

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+ Support

I would like the Barret M82 to be buffed a bit more but I understand why it can't.
Hip accuracy is better than aiming down sights, it had to be nerfed

I miss the 320 damage headshots

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

+\-  Support 

1. I did the calculations and if you really did get shot by each weapon for 11 hours then you would've gained 1320 hours in Gmod.  

I can't say much about it. I'm quite Conflicted on the suggestion. I wouldn't mind a higher TTK, but low HP classes would die quickly which would be unfun for non-combatants when Dclass(mostly Dclass Mains) literally only prioitize Non-combatants. 

For MTF and CI, I'd have to see it for myself currently CI can mow through a Group of 7-9 MTF and still be able to clear Dblock and Exfil with 40% of their raid party, Mostly CMD members exfilling..    <<depending on the size of the raid party.   

I get that with 3 MTF branches CI is buffed to oblivion but when you realize MTF is always scattered doing separate jobs and have the be nerfed to keep "balance" You can realize how much.  Not Balance there is.  which the TTK and skill comes in more damage done to CI means happier MTF and a lesser chaotic Dblock. 

Gensec would be Happier except the less experienced Enlisted. Luckly Gensec has the funny Crossfire which makes them extremely lethal to everything in Dblock. 

There can be alot of problems from this change (IF all guns get the listed changes) or there can be alot of good things from this change.  

Now for i believe 1stSavagerYs sub-suggestion aka the KF2 Katana and HSU chainsaw. .  I can't say much with the Katana but for the chainsaw, Increase the range by atleast 1 point and buff the damage by a couple points, Chainsaw is good but if everything else gets buffed it needs its buff too  or HTF would lose faith in their Favorite weapon.

Overall if this gets accepted> completed, I'd have to see it for myself.

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

43 minutes ago, Yamato said:

1. I did the calculations and if you really did get shot by each weapon for 11 hours then you would've gained 1320 hours in Gmod.  

I think he meant he was shot by all weapons in a span of 11 hours. Like he spent 11 hours going through all the guns. Not 11 hours per gun. That's outrageous lol

• Laughing 1

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 1:26 AM, LucarioKing said:

Nah, the Mobility; is the same speed as the Riot shield and the fire rate I want to match with other Berret.

the same Mobility, firerate, but improving accuracy a little bit.

this is my opinion

I know its been a good bit. ive slept on it and M82 suggested Hip-accuracy change from 90 - 30 added to the sheet

• 4 weeks later...