1. Your In-game:

Nacho

2. Your SteamID:

STEAM_0:1:93976071

3. The admin's name in-game:

Nova Vice Commander Kio

4. The admin's steam name (If you know it):

KitChan

5. What did the admin do? Provide evidence: (REQUIRED)

----- Hasty & Harsh Punishment -----

Nacho's Warn Appeal: https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/86779-nachos-warn-appeal/

I'll start with my personal experience with KitChan. I believe it was about 2:30 am on Friday, February 11. The server was slow and not much was happening I was about to go to sleep but gave into the overwhelming urge to shoot one bullet at a DT. Bad move. I understand it was wrong and I encourage others to not be an idiot like me. The DT was not having a very good day and chased me for a bit before giving up & reporting me. Enter KitChan. My memory isn't the best so forgive me. I assume KitChan got the details from the DT before pulling me to the sit because before I could even speak I was being told I was being given a warning for ARDM. I immediately asked if It was a verbal or official. Prior to this incident I had no warns and was shocked when he explained that I would be receiving an official warning for shooting one round at the DT. I had to plead with him to let me explain my actions and before I could finish my explanation the warn was issued. I was pretty upset but saw that KitChan was just trial-mod. I chalked it up to inexperience and immediately requested the warn be appealed. Linked above is my accepted warn appeal.

To my surprise I see the following statement from @SawickM:

SamwickMsResponse.thumb.png.fd0eeef08d576a9b23658e2846e4cc39.png

I decided to do some light digging to see if these claims were true and found other ACCEPTED warn appeals that demonstrate KitChan's Poor staffing. Below are just three appeals I found and some excerpts from them. 

----- Harsh Punishment & Ignorance of the Rules -----

Pickle's Warn Appeal: https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/84698-pickles-false-warn-appeal/

In his appeal Pickle states the following:

PicklesStatement.thumb.png.af18b8d4bab06c6d2ea30899d33863d2.png

It's safe to say that this was just an accident from pickle. Regardless, there was no report created and at the time, Pickle was (or still is) a staff member. Anyone who has taken a glance at the staff handbook knows you can't warn other staff. Jaeger says it best in his response:

JaegerResponse.thumb.png.e47e2fdd5601189e2f0f46a89f3a88f8.png

An important recurring theme you will see in all of these appeals is experienced admins expressing that these warns should have been verbal warnings. The hard part is figuring out if its the admin power going to his head or just plain inexperience. 

----- Uninformed Decision-Making & Harsh Punishment -----

Grub's Warn Appeal: https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/84779-grubs-warn-apeal/

In his appeal, Grub states the following: 

GrubsWarnAppeal.thumb.png.32ff6c2fb21c0c1669365aba0525b916.png

Scrolling further down you find this reply from SMT bop where he highlights that Grub didn't kill the second person involved even though KitChan issued Grub 2 RDM warns.

GrubsBopResponse.thumb.png.48a4ea0cfad043d3709ac0ac49a7ac6c.png

There's no excuse for this. We have the resources and a quick glance at the logs could have prevented him from issuing a wrong warning. 

----- Uninformed & Harsh Punishment (Again) -----

Donovan's Warn Appeal - https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/84850-kitchanss-warn-appeal/

This one is a tad bit confusing but KitChan's response just makes it even worse. Here is Donovan's statement:

DonovanWarnAppeal.thumb.png.65e5b6927fc38e422a7d35280dd73456.png

Here is KitChan's official response to the statement above:

DonovanResponse.thumb.png.0a0ecd817c9f0677c638b3198040f182.png

Further down Frog states the following:

FrogResponse.thumb.png.9ebe7c6a034910c8062e4258782179e8.png

I'm assuming this is when KitChan was removed as a Moderator as SawickM explained on my warn appeal, though I'm not 100% sure. 

----- The Conclusion -----

According to his own signature, KitChan used to be a Senior Moderator before he was removed meaning all the evidence I've presented was conducted by a Senior Moderator. Its evident that KitChan has not learned from his prior mistakes. To this day, he still doesn't know how to use verbal warnings despite being told on numerous occasions that his punishments were excessive. His conduct as a Moderator does not promote a healthy experience. Imagine if every admin dished out punishments just like KitChan. The server would be barren. Lastly, I find it hypocritical & ironic that he issues such harsh punishments for trivial events when he himself was banned for openly saying racial slurs:

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/4nWieqKFj9_AG/YAc9ZVCbVRyK?invite=cr-MSxwZ2osMTgwMjcwMzMs

6. What do you believe should happen to the admin:

I strongly believe it is best for the GL community that KitChan have his admin powers removed and be barred from becoming staff again for a duration deemed appropriate by the SMT. 

7. Any extra information:

I'm a firm believer that people deserve second chances but I think with a past like KitChan's, he's probably on his fifth or sixth chance at least. The three warn appeals I found were just a quick search and they all happened within days of each other. Imagine all the other sits where he potentially ruined a new player's experience and they didn't care enough to create a forums account to appeal it. I don't think KitChan is a good representative for Gaminglight and his actions speak for themselves.

Edited by Nacho
Diction

Retired Starfighter Corps Marshall

nachobanner.png.b24b3503dd6306a5c8b7b990e2289b2e.png

- Support

This is a difficult situation, because you should always get both sides of the story, no matter what. However you do admitting to ardm for fun, which should be warnable. Regarding you havent been warned before I mean, usually staff can choose to be more lenient on that part, but again if you are shooting DT for fun then you should get warned.

I dont think you should report a staff member for doing his job to be honest, because when it comes to be lenient, who actually is in charge of how lenient the staff team should be? Yes Hotshot, and I know he wants his staff team to be rather lenient but still. I cant +support due to the fact that you ardm on purpose, and this feels more like an attack against KitChan because he warned for something that is warnable.

Resume in key words:

• Kitchan should have gotten both sides before he issued the warn

˚ You shouldnt ardm people, its a warnable offense 

˚  I dont think KitChan should get removed, he does a good job, and even if he is slightly less lenient that is fine, personally I think the staff team is way too lenient on certain points. I remember one time a Royal Guard rdmx2 + Abused force powers and me and another DT member reported it, and the trial moderator just gave him a verbal warning, which can be sort of aggrivating if/when you know the guy did it on purpose

• You can just appeal the warn 

btw I mean no offense with what  I wrote above, just  trying to further help/assist the SMT with a alternative opinion from my POV. I dont know either of you personally so its completely objective.

Goodluck with everything

Edited by Gustav

| Ex DT S06/DT CPT DK0 | Ex 501st ARC JTL 3010 COL Gustav | EU 

+ support 

And here's why. 

Nacho isn't the only one Kio has Warned with out getting another person side. 

I wittness this the other day where he was arguing with another person in OOC about why his Warn was just and the ST stated "I didn't have time to speak my side." 

Me personally I feel Kio is do drastic with his moderator skills he leaps before testing the water 

And the fact he willing to Argue with people about his point of view right infront of people 

Shows a huge unprofessionalism in him as a mod. 

The ST in game in OOC wasn't the first 

Take Nacho warn appel for instance 

Kio didn't like what Manjini had to say about his opinion so the next five post were of him trying to one up Manjini to prove his point so much so that forums Deployment had to step in. 

In my opinion something needs to be done. 

• Like 1

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

12 minutes ago, Darth Zefer said:

+ support 

And here's why. 

I wittness this the other day where he was arguing with another person in OOC about why his Warn was just and the ST stated "I didn't have time to speak my side." 

Me personally I feel Kio is do drastic with his moderator skills he leaps before testing the water 

And the fact he willing to Argue with people about his point of view right infront of people 

Kio didn't like what Manjini had to say about his opinion so the next five post were of him trying to one up Manjini to prove his point so much so that forums Deployment had to step in. 

As stated above Kio (kitchan) from my POV as a staff member he has done a lot of harm, in the media of wasting both nacho's time with no reason about what the situation about not taking both sides is kind of a thing that staff cant do as it could be represented as a "bias" oppinion, with that i also want to say he is trial mod so he had some stuff to learn, i dont know what punishment that would be shot at him, but personally i feel a talk could be beneficial in those lines 

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

1 hour ago, Darth Zefer said:

+ support 

And here's why. 

+Support

Kitchan has been given chances again and again to improve, and after his removal and eventual acceptance back into the staff team he has done this, showing a failure to grow, failure to learn from the statements of JMT and SMT, and failure to manage to do the most basic of due diligence in the staff team: gathering both sides and remaining unbiased.

If someone is getting, and has gotten before, Warn Appeals that are heavily +Supported and Accepted again and again and again, maybe staff is not for them

• Gaminglight Love 1

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

I would like to point out something. Both these screenshots are from last night in the quotes channel. 
F1AFCCDA-4946-4DD9-A7E5-54788EE1353B.thumb.png.dd9ae5b1e030b66893a67968c9676b12.pngFC14D2C8-1ABC-4579-8B19-AE73D959D7C7.thumb.png.7f4de7e93e67f05656076b82db1d5701.png

Here you see Kitchan openly call out a PVT in the discord because of a a joke (unfunny but still a joke) stuff like this is the pinnacle of Kitchan’s normal behavior. He publicly shames people and argues with them just because he has authority over them. This shows even more hypocrisy because in the screenshot you can see someone apart of his own command team making some very weird comments about another member of command, but Kitchan then threatens that the PFC, who made an equally stupid joke as one of the other Nova VCMDRs, will be getting demoted. That is something nobody should be doing in a public channel the entire server can see, it’s essentially bullying and power tripping for the sake of feeling powerful. 

In conclusion Kitchan is unfit for staff and even Command in my opinion and is all together a fear mongering, hypocritical bully who should not be a representative of the community. I will also state that I have talked to bop and asked for him to dig deeper into the fact Kitchan has 2 accounts and one of them is banned which to me says he is alting. Better lawyer up cause the idiot police are coming. 

+Support

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

+Support

I have to agree with most of the +Supports here, I understand that there has been no change, you still hand out warns like they deserve them, as stated before you should really be verbally warning people for first offences, I do it all the time and people change on the spot. You need to adhere to the responses people have given you in the past and properly learn from them, such as I have, again you have been given a second chance and still have not correctly manifested the mindset of a staff member. 

Current: 47th Duelist Euronymous 501st CMDR Pisces
Previous: SHGO Senior Guard Kuiyn | 501st HVYAL CPT Pisces 2223 | AO SubLT Pisces | GM VIII | Shore CQB SSGT Pisces TK2223 | DT SSGT WC1 | SO Lieutenant Nova | Purge BAL MAJ Pisces GB12
"
Wanna see how I got these warns?"

21 minutes ago, Mr.E said:

+Support

I have to agree with most of the +Supports here, I understand that there has been no change, you still hand out warns like they deserve them, as stated before you should really be verbally warning people for first offences, I do it all the time and people change on the spot. You need to adhere to the responses people have given you in the past and properly learn from them, such as I have, again you have been given a second chance and still have not correctly manifested the mindset of a staff member. 

The screenshots provided by Sawick are disgraceful. This should call for Command Punishment ontop of staff, That's just out-right wrong.

I've seen some people trip but that, that's something that can deter players straight away, If I saw that as a PVT. I'd fucking leave.

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

11 hours ago, Nacho said:

1. Your In-game:

Nacho

2. Your SteamID:

STEAM_0:1:93976071

3. The admin's name in-game:

Nova Vice Commander Kio

4. The admin's steam name (If you know it):

KitChan

5. What did the admin do? Provide evidence: (REQUIRED)

----- Hasty & Harsh Punishment -----

Nacho's Warn Appeal: https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/86779-nachos-warn-appeal/

I'll start with my personal experience with KitChan. I believe it was about 2:30 am on Friday, February 11. The server was slow and not much was happening I was about to go to sleep but gave into the overwhelming urge to shoot one bullet at a DT. Bad move. I understand it was wrong and I encourage others to not be an idiot like me. The DT was not having a very good day and chased me for a bit before giving up & reporting me. Enter KitChan. My memory isn't the best so forgive me. I assume KitChan got the details from the DT before pulling me to the sit because before I could even speak I was being told I was being given a warning for ARDM. I immediately asked if It was a verbal or official. Prior to this incident I had no warns and was shocked when he explained that I would be receiving an official warning for shooting one round at the DT. I had to plead with him to let me explain my actions and before I could finish my explanation the warn was issued. I was pretty upset but saw that KitChan was just trial-mod. I chalked it up to inexperience and immediately requested the warn be appealed. Linked above is my accepted warn appeal.

To my surprise I see the following statement from @SawickM:

SamwickMsResponse.thumb.png.fd0eeef08d576a9b23658e2846e4cc39.png

I decided to do some light digging to see if these claims were true and found other ACCEPTED warn appeals that demonstrate KitChan's Poor staffing. Below are just three appeals I found and some excerpts from them. 

----- Harsh Punishment & Ignorance of the Rules -----

Pickle's Warn Appeal: https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/84698-pickles-false-warn-appeal/

In his appeal Pickle states the following:

PicklesStatement.thumb.png.af18b8d4bab06c6d2ea30899d33863d2.png

It's safe to say that this was just an accident from pickle. Regardless, there was no report created and at the time, Pickle was (or still is) a staff member. Anyone who has taken a glance at the staff handbook knows you can't warn other staff. Jaeger says it best in his response:

JaegerResponse.thumb.png.e47e2fdd5601189e2f0f46a89f3a88f8.png

An important recurring theme you will see in all of these appeals is experienced admins expressing that these warns should have been verbal warnings. The hard part is figuring out if its the admin power going to his head or just plain inexperience. 

----- Uninformed Decision-Making & Harsh Punishment -----

Grub's Warn Appeal: https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/84779-grubs-warn-apeal/

In his appeal, Grub states the following: 

GrubsWarnAppeal.thumb.png.32ff6c2fb21c0c1669365aba0525b916.png

Scrolling further down you find this reply from SMT bop where he highlights that Grub didn't kill the second person involved even though KitChan issued Grub 2 RDM warns.

GrubsBopResponse.thumb.png.48a4ea0cfad043d3709ac0ac49a7ac6c.png

There's no excuse for this. We have the resources and a quick glance at the logs could have prevented him from issuing a wrong warning. 

----- Uninformed & Harsh Punishment (Again) -----

Donovan's Warn Appeal - https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/84850-kitchanss-warn-appeal/

This one is a tad bit confusing but KitChan's response just makes it even worse. Here is Donovan's statement:

DonovanWarnAppeal.thumb.png.65e5b6927fc38e422a7d35280dd73456.png

Here is KitChan's official response to the statement above:

DonovanResponse.thumb.png.0a0ecd817c9f0677c638b3198040f182.png

Further down Frog states the following:

FrogResponse.thumb.png.9ebe7c6a034910c8062e4258782179e8.png

I'm assuming this is when KitChan was removed as a Moderator as SawickM explained on my warn appeal, though I'm not 100% sure. 

----- The Conclusion -----

According to his own signature, KitChan used to be a Senior Moderator before he was removed meaning all the evidence I've presented was conducted by a Senior Moderator. Its evident that KitChan has not learned from his prior mistakes. To this day, he still doesn't know how to use verbal warnings despite being told on numerous occasions that his punishments were excessive. His conduct as a Moderator does not promote a healthy experience. Imagine if every admin dished out punishments just like KitChan. The server would be barren. Lastly, I find it hypocritical & ironic that he issues such harsh punishments for trivial events when he himself was banned for openly saying racial slurs:

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/4nWieqKFj9_AG/YAc9ZVCbVRyK?invite=cr-MSxwZ2osMTgwMjcwMzMs

6. What do you believe should happen to the admin:

I strongly believe it is best for the GL community that KitChan have his admin powers removed and be barred from becoming staff again for a duration deemed appropriate by the SMT. 

7. Any extra information:

I'm a firm believer that people deserve second chances but I think with a past like KitChan's, he's probably on his fifth or sixth chance at least. The three warn appeals I found were just a quick search and they all happened within days of each other. Imagine all the other sits where he potentially ruined a new player's experience and they didn't care enough to create a forums account to appeal it. I don't think KitChan is a good representative for Gaminglight and his actions speak for themselves.

The warn I gave you at that time, I wanted the Moderators Opinion on it and the Opinion he gave was "I think it'll be right to Warn him for ARDM, as the DT is annoyed by his actions". Now with the other appeals it was already done and dealt with as I was already Punished for my actions at that time, But I am not one to fight with anyone about something like this, if you feel the need to say this then you may, but I will tell you my side as I think it would be fair, and with the Pickle problem we've already chat and we've made up about it as he was a good fellow SO with me, so any mistakes there I take and will forever hold with me as I am only human and Humans make mistakes all the time, and I think it was me and the Moderators fault for choosing to warn you for this little mistake but I was only following my higher ups decision. 

5 hours ago, SawickM said:

I would like to point out something. Both these screenshots are from last night in the quotes channel. 
F1AFCCDA-4946-4DD9-A7E5-54788EE1353B.thumb.png.dd9ae5b1e030b66893a67968c9676b12.pngFC14D2C8-1ABC-4579-8B19-AE73D959D7C7.thumb.png.7f4de7e93e67f05656076b82db1d5701.png

Here you see Kitchan openly call out a PVT in the discord because of a a joke (unfunny but still a joke) stuff like this is the pinnacle of Kitchan’s normal behavior. He publicly shames people and argues with them just because he has authority over them. This shows even more hypocrisy because in the screenshot you can see someone apart of his own command team making some very weird comments about another member of command, but Kitchan then threatens that the PFC, who made an equally stupid joke as one of the other Nova VCMDRs, will be getting demoted. That is something nobody should be doing in a public channel the entire server can see, it’s essentially bullying and power tripping for the sake of feeling powerful. 

In conclusion Kitchan is unfit for staff and even Command in my opinion and is all together a fear mongering, hypocritical bully who should not be a representative of the community. I will also state that I have talked to bop and asked for him to dig deeper into the fact Kitchan has 2 accounts and one of them is banned which to me says he is alting. Better lawyer up cause the idiot police are coming. 

+Support

FoxTrot was Demoted my Sun's for being unfit for his new rank, if he wants to make Nova look bad then that right there is a problem on our Command team, as it shows that we're not able to be professional within this Battalion, so In my defense he called out Nova for no good reason as he made all of us look stupid in front of all command/troopers, and with the other account I was hacked over a year ago and I didn't have any proof to show that it was my account, as my friend has gifted me Gmod, as I was stupid to click on a CS:GO skin Link at that time, I was never warned/banned on that account but I was Warn/Banned on my New account, and which I was banned for Racism at the date of [Sep 16] which I clearly learned from my Mistake then, and now I wish I could get my Old account back so I can prove it to you guys, and as I have said before I am not capable of regaining my Old account, and in which I've already told staff before on what happened to my Old account. 

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF