Remove Maintenance Gold Bricks/Make a Max Amount Allowed to be Placed on the Ground - Denied

ToastyBread

How would this change better the server? - 

It would make the server less laggy. Last night they attempted to put 40 on the ground all at the same time and caused the server to have a massive amount of lag. On top of that, there was 100+ people on the server making it almost unplayable. CI raids were horrible, no one could shoot at anyone, even the MTF. When an SCP breached, it also make it almost impossible to shoot the SCP and would lag around you and finally kill you from behind without even knowing it. Explosive damage was also delayed to about 4+ seconds after the explosion so you wouldn't know if you were hit by it until later. Even then you could still kill people with the delay of the explosion damage. It was basically a fight of who can stay alive the longest whilst lagging. Surface was not AS laggy but once you entered the foundation and went near the gold stash they had, it would almost crash your game. Yes it's a good way to get money I get it but that much on the ground is unreasonable.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

Maintenance would not get as much money as they would if the gold bricks are removed. Maintenance would not be effected at all if there was a max amount allowed to be placed on the ground.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

Anyone on the server at the time they attempt to make a record on how much they place on the ground.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

N/A

Edited by ToastyBread

- Support

These screenshots of the gold are put in activity logs to prove that they were on and doing their job (very) well. Some maintenance command will even promote lower enlisted when they see them dedicating tons of their time to cleaning the site, and on top of that those Maybe 20 or so props do almost nothing to the server's performance when compared to the hundred or so play movements/gunshots being made.

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

-support 

Removing the gold bricks would do absolutely nothing to fix the problem, as there's like 4 more different trash brick types that cost less trash. That's part of the suggestion was not thought out in the slightest. 

There would've been a far better solution to this: Contacting and attempting to cooperate with Maintenance to solve the problem through our SOP, instead of just trying to make it an MOTD rule. I implore you to do this and cancel this suggestion.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

30 minutes ago, Loaff said:

-support 

Removing the gold bricks would do absolutely nothing to fix the problem, as there's like 4 more different trash brick types that cost less trash. That's part of the suggestion was not thought out in the slightest. 

There would've been a far better solution to this: Contacting and attempting to cooperate with Maintenance to solve the problem through our SOP, instead of just trying to make it an MOTD rule. I implore you to do this and cancel this suggestion.

I've tried cooperating and letting them know that this causes a massive amount of lag on my computer but was simply told to #%$! off by one of them. Hence the reason why I posted this in an attempt to create a maximum amount that they can place on the ground since they do not care. Not everyone has a good computer that can handle the amount that was placed.

Edited by ToastyBread

1 hour ago, Loaff said:

-support 

Also most of the time when the server is over 100 Maintenance most of the time arent the ones causing the lag as we mostly do it on off hours, this is also like saying get rid of guns on MTF/CI, suggesting to get rid of one of the main part of Maintenance is ngl kinda dumb, this is also wrong because PVP combat with guns causes more lag than Maintenance even if we had 3 times as many Maintenance on than we normally do.

Also the 40 plus one was a rare event where we do a mass patrol, we do it like once a month and the server lags just as much when CI do there meeting day chaos raid/mech raid, 

Edited by Biggie Cheese1

52 minutes ago, ToastyBread said:

I've tried cooperating and letting them know that this causes a massive amount of lag on my computer but was simply told to #%$! off by one of them. Hence the reason why I posted this in an attempt to create a maximum amount that they can place on the ground since they do not care. Not everyone has a good computer that can handle the amount that was placed.

By contacting and cooperating with Maintenance, I meant contacting command/HCMD to see if a rule/policy could be made in our SOP to reduce lag.

Edited by Loaff

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

3 hours ago, Loaff said:

-support 

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

Ah I dont see any need to do this as of right now bc i've never seen or been told of a report of maintenance causing such issue, id say if its something that maintenance are being stupid with we can always reduce the amount of trash they can make at any given time, while id love to keep it the way it is, if players are causing lag and issues on the server it would result in restrictions within such addon.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:15 PM, Loaff said:

-support 

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

On 2/12/2022 at 3:15 PM, Loaff said:

-support 

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

• 3 weeks later...