Stormtrooper Corps: Storm Commando Update: [ST Part 5 of 5] [Accepted] [In Progress] [Completed]

Bear_

Would these changes benefit the Stormtrooper Corps?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would these changes benefit the Stormtrooper Corps?

• Yes.
    • No.

Battalion: Stormtrooper Corps
Jobs targeted: Storm Commando

Link to current models that are requested to be replaced (if replacing): No replacement models.
- Content size: No replacement models.

Link to new models: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2534333947
- Content size: 136.979 MBs

As mentioned in the previous post, the only models requested from this pack is the first Scout trooper model and the Storm Commando Model. These two models should be able to be reduced to a hopefully acceptable size.

How would this benefit the server (will it help battalion/server activity and how?):
A couple months ago, ST command and myself were discussing ways to try to incentivize Stormtroopers to stay within the battalion and officer-ship. From that conversation came this idea, somewhat similar to how Project Omega is in IC. Storm Commando is meant for officer+ but maintained in a very small roster of 7-10 slots with only 3-4 job spots on the server itself. On top of this, Storm Commando is a part of ST within lore to be used as an extreme combat branch and special forces capable of assignment anywhere where needed. Storm Commando would be a detachment of Stormtrooper Corps that could be assigned to different battalions in time of need.

As only a subclass, it would not be another Spec Ops battalion but instead something a lot smaller with difficulty into entrance. Entrance would be decided by the Command Team of ST for well deserving officers who would be given a shot at entrance via a rigorous training procedure. The idea behind all this diversity within ST came from watching shows and looking at lore out of curiosity and discovering that the Stormtrooper Corps was a widely diverse branch of the Imperial Army. They had a multitude of specialties including: Scouts, Shore, Jump trooper, Space troopers, Mud troopers, Magma, Storm Commandos and a lot more. This is an effort to bring a little bit of that into the game for everyone enjoyment and hopefully increase the thrill of RP. Stormtroopers are seen as a do it all but master of none and this portrays that. Storm Commandos used scout armor for its lightness and mobility but they are unrelated to Scouts. 

Additionally, the name is similar to Imperial Commando but it is unrelated and how it is named within lore. The jobs and roster would be kept small in order to hopefully prevent from taking away from any other Special Forces battalion.

Examples: 
This is the ideal example of Storm Commando. Chest generator, black pauldron (for specialty), pouches and additional equipment.
https://gyazo.com/3c35513a341b5e29f3caa23480ee4885
The below image is what a model looks like with base items and limited bodygroups, except for the red pauldron and chest pouches. Red pauldron for ST Command on job. 
https://gyazo.com/a02b960ef91fe2c7e31e8f2c831e310f

If the new pack is larger in size, do you believe the benefits exceeds the risk of adding more content to the server (risking loading times and possible performance) and why?: 
I believe the benefits outweigh the risk of adding some of this content pack into the server. Adding something of this magnitude to one of the most versatile branches would really bring life into both the server and the associated jobs. I hope these updates are accepted as they have been thought through in great detail by ST command, HC, and myself over a fair amount of time.

If SMT do have questions regarding these posts then please contact me and I will be more than happy to try and answer to the best of my ability.

- Advisor Bear -
- = was Darth Vader (fortnite) & killed a lot of people (MRDM)= -
R IC COL 6150 BEAR | R ST COL Barrett 6150

+Support

ST needs this, will hugely increase activity, retention of troopers in ST and will make ST a more respected part of the server.

Former: Grand General / Havoc Commander / ST Vice Commander

EX Imperial Army Branch Representative.

Huge +Support
As it stands right now, STs are quite basic and lack essentially any amount of variety or any incentive to stay within the battalion. I believe this change presents very few to zero problems/issues/concerns to both the community and STs as a whole. This update would both largely benefit the server and makes sense in lore. 

Overall I massively support this update and believe it would massively support all members involved !

|   Head Administrator  |  Director of Intelligence  |

| Death Trooper Commander Epsilon-11 Commander Alpha-1 Commander High General Goat | Shock Vice Commander |

5 minutes ago, SAINTY. said:

+Support

ST needs this, will hugely increase activity, retention of troopers in ST and will make ST a more respected part of the server.

OH YEAAAH BABY

Former ST Commander Lydus
Current Elder Guard Carnor Jax

Lover of Women

3 hours ago, SAINTY. said:

+Support

This would give stormtroopers something to work hard for. I believe this would benefit the stormtrooper core.

Former Stormtrooper Vice Commander Moby
AKA The Shore Guy

1396022312_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.a0fef4b3eac96e3ad09eed60e3fec3b7.gif

9 hours ago, ArcanineGoat said:

Huge +Support
As it stands right now, STs are quite basic and lack essentially any amount of variety or any incentive to stay within the battalion. I believe this change presents very few to zero problems/issues/concerns to both the community and STs as a whole. This update would both largely benefit the server and makes sense in lore. 

Overall I massively support this update and believe it would massively support all members involved !

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

10 hours ago, SAINTY. said:

+Support

▞▞▞▞▞▖Retired𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧▝▞▞▞▞▞
◤ Retired: Shock Senior Commander | Eighth Brother 

On 2/12/2022 at 6:18 PM, ArcanineGoat said:

Huge +Support

ImperialRP
Ex. Grand Inquisitor   / Ex. Lead Administrator / Ex. High Command / Ex. Support Advisor /  Ex. Senior Diplomat

On 2/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, ArcanineGoat said:

Huge +Support

This could really change the perspective of Stormtroopers and how some of them act. Great idea and design for the whole job!
Godspeed!

Edited by Coconut Boy

Former Stormtrooper Captain
Former Nova Commander Comet 
Former Admin | Former GM Tick X

spacer.png

On 2/12/2022 at 3:18 AM, ArcanineGoat said:

Huge +Support

ImperialRP SMT & Head Admin

Former Marshal Commander

On 2/12/2022 at 2:17 AM, SAINTY. said:

+Support

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot

+Support 
Moby cool 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

• Head of Staff
On 2/12/2022 at 2:18 AM, ArcanineGoat said:

Huge +Support

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

On 2/12/2022 at 3:17 AM, SAINTY. said:

+Support

Former: MC VCMDR RSL IRS Fail, ST LTCOL Fail Shore Lead STRM SNR, Shock SFC Fail

“So, good news…I saw a dog today.”  – Buddy From Elf | "Your focus determines your reality," Qui-Gon from Phantom Menace

star wars stormtrooper GIF

On 2/12/2022 at 9:18 PM, ArcanineGoat said:

Huge +Support

This will make ST's strive

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

On 2/12/2022 at 3:18 AM, ArcanineGoat said:

Huge +Support

Yes

fail-drive.gif

• Manager

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your suggestion! Please allow up to a week for this suggestion to be successfully implemented into the server.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

• Manager

Completed!

This suggestion has been implemented, you may need to wait for the next scheduled server restart to see the implementation. 

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗