Suggestion: Giving SCP-354-4 stun lock attack a cooldown [Completed]

Lafleur

What are you suggesting? - changing 354 main attack to a 100-200 dmg punch and his aoe stunlock to a side ability that has a cd from around 5-15 seconds

How would this change better the server? - makes 354 more balanced

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - not really

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 354 and people who combat it

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - n/a

Edited by Lafleur

SCP-RP: E-11 SSGT | EXM | CE | DoRCU | Senior Ranger Canadian | CI LCPL | JFTO | CQOP | Platinum

PoliceRP: SNR Lafleur 1D45 | FBI Probatory Agent | Diamond
Retired: Medical Supervisor | E-11 SM | Nu-7 SM | DHFTO | HTF Mark II | Security CPT | Warden Centurion |
 Senior Moderator

+Support

Coltable made this SCP knowing it’d be an absolute monster and that calls for nerfs would eventually come in. I think MTF have waited and felt around for what needs to be done to balance it and I think this would do it. It’d allow 354-4 to remain deadly at all times but also allow for less stun mechanics (which I don’t think anyone really likes all too much in this server)

Edited by Nydekore

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

20 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

+Support

Coltable made this SCP knowing it’d be an absolute monster and that calls for nerfs would eventually come in. I think MTF have waited and felt around for what needs to be done to balance it and I think this would do it. It’d allow 354-4 to remain deadly at all times but also allow for less stun mechanics (which I don’t think anyone really likes all too much in this server)

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

26 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

+Support

Retired SCP-RP Admin/ETM

c7.jpg.e0bbf2b7aed5a169d941bb4a43d4bf5c.jpg

2 hours ago, Nydekore said:

+Support

I mean yea that stun is annoying but if anything gets changed plzzzzz let it be the fact that it perma blinds you with every hit. in my opinion that is what makes the scp really unfun to fight, because he hits u one time and u cant move or see might aswell just afk till u die. also he has crazy aoe so u cant really get away from it especially because there is no movement penalty when he attacks so can just ran at you spamming it and he does move faster than standard combat jobs.

Edited by Demon Dice
forgot to put some things in

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

3 hours ago, Nydekore said:

+Support

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

9 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

-support if you let him get that close to you you've made your mistake.

It's just worse 682 at this point.

Also just camp a hallway it doesn't have extra speed or anything like 682 that will let you get close 

Well SCP-682 is the hard to kill reptile so he should be the hardest SCP to fight. This one is way too OP and when he stun you, he doesn't have any speed boost but you just don't have any speed anymore so its just too hard to counter and require a whole MTF unit

SCP-RP: E-11 SSGT | EXM | CE | DoRCU | Senior Ranger Canadian | CI LCPL | JFTO | CQOP | Platinum

PoliceRP: SNR Lafleur 1D45 | FBI Probatory Agent | Diamond
Retired: Medical Supervisor | E-11 SM | Nu-7 SM | DHFTO | HTF Mark II | Security CPT | Warden Centurion |
 Senior Moderator

1 minute ago, Lafleur said:

Well SCP-682 is the hard to kill reptile so he should be the hardest SCP to fight. This one is way too OP and when he stun you, he doesn't have any speed boost but you just don't have any speed anymore so its just too hard to counter and require a whole MTF unit

Actually he does have a speed boost 

9 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

Also just camp a hallway it doesn't have extra speed or anything like 682 that will let you get close 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support (for now)

Honestly i like where 354 stands right now. Yes, he is powerful but he isn't obnoxius to fight and i actually have a decent amount of fun trying to recontain him. He's dangerous but has some decent counter play (audible footsteps, using hallways and doors, moving in separated groups), and in all honesty i have never had a problem with his stunlocks. I feel like this is mainly a problem for individuals as once you get stunned the first time there is no direct threat to the 354 player if they are attacking. 

-support, 354 seems very balanced right now, but compared to 682 he is stronger IMO, but 682 obviously needs a buff

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

-Support 

-The class is fine where it is at

-You can just camp the cp by going to the side cp and shooting him in the hole or like what fryingpan said goto a hallway. 

-Even giving him 200 damage swep, people can just crouch jump spam.  Its like giving 682 his very old swep back in 2020

18 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

On 2/11/2022 at 1:01 PM, Catalyst said:

-Support (for now)

Honestly i like where 354 stands right now. Yes, he is powerful but he isn't obnoxius to fight and i actually have a decent amount of fun trying to recontain him. He's dangerous but has some decent counter play (audible footsteps, using hallways and doors, moving in separated groups), and in all honesty i have never had a problem with his stunlocks. I feel like this is mainly a problem for individuals as once you get stunned the first time there is no direct threat to the 354 player if they are attacking. 

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

On 2/11/2022 at 2:55 AM, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

I agree with this to an extent

Yes, stunlock mechanics suck, but this SCP has a massive counter

He can only attack in an AOE one at a time, so if you play it smart and have a group of MTF spread out (1 by 1, firing lines of 3), you effectively hard counter his ability
Every SCP can be taken out by playing smart, and that should be the way to take them out.

Im going -Support here.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:01 PM, Catalyst said:

-Support (for now)

^

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

On 2/11/2022 at 1:41 AM, Nydekore said:

+Support

+Support 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+ Support
I agree however the stun mechanic really should have a cooldown so its not just annoying spam, plus it can effect through walls and for a very small percentage of MTF (G9) this creates several issues such as audio and visual glitches when we are stunned.

Would suggest a 1 minute timer between stuns or just remove stunlock since no one really likes that (912 is the best example)

SCP RP - MTF D5 VCMDR Robby CTF D5 Founder/Overseer of Operations "Omniscient Eyes" Mu Cephei COA | Ex CI R&D AIN INF Gerry  | EX RRH Engineer Uniform 48 | EX RS RobbyOG Technical Low Command | Beans’ Test Dummy Participated In The Legendary Technical Bombing Of Site-O5 | OG Janitorial Low Command and Assistant Head of Containment Cleaners | Creator of the DENSEC on Site-O5 | 

Imperial RP - Former Creator of Medical Research Citadel / Medical Captain Citadel  Former IC VCOM Scorch Former SF Vice Marshal Walter | Creator of ST Riot Troopers and Original Leader | Former Nova Trooper Marksman 2LT Judge NT20 

• 3 weeks later...

+Support

I'd legit rather fighting a mingey 912 rule breaker than fighting this hilk of mass that takes 5 minutes to kill with 15 mtf shooting at it. 

Multiple instances where 354 just plows through crowds of combatants MTF and gensec and still taking a while to kill.     912 was atleast easier to kill and also better to role play with. can't roleplay with a 682 level keter scp

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

39 minutes ago, Yamato said:

+Support

I'd legit rather fighting a mingey 912 rule breaker than fighting this hilk of mass that takes 5 minutes to kill with 15 mtf shooting at it. 

Multiple instances where 354 just plows through crowds of combatants MTF and gensec and still taking a while to kill.     912 was atleast easier to kill and also better to role play with. can't roleplay with a 682 level keter scp

It only has 5000 health, it’s really not hard to kill, GENSEC decimated one with just a couple people. You just have to go down a long hallway and use shotguns and it goes down easy.

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 1:41 AM, Nydekore said:

+Support

If anything were to get changed please let it be so he doesn't blind you

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

• 1 month later...

Completed!

This suggestion is now in the server

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||