Job Change Bug

Flixy

What bug is occurring? It won't let me switch to Tau-5 because it says "I am already playing this job"

Is it tied to a specific job, swep, player model, etc? Tau-5 (For now)

Has it only occurred once, or is it continuous? This is the second time.

Please provide screenshots or a short video of the bug in action: 

600276631_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_02.07-18_41_46_81.thumb.png.de065f1baf9feefd35b19e81bb3f30a0.png

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

Something to note as well with the new F4 menu, is that whenever staff try to take a sit but someone takes the sit before them and they get forced on the administration job, if it is a 1 slot job or 2 slot, the job gets locked out by everybody else until server reset happens.

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

13 hours ago, IgnisNuts said:

Something to note as well with the new F4 menu, is that whenever staff try to take a sit but someone takes the sit before them and they get forced on the administration job, if it is a 1 slot job or 2 slot, the job gets locked out by everybody else until server reset happens.

Yeah, Happened With Me More Than Once.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 7:06 AM, Piller said:

Will occasionally do the same thing for me for HTF MK II and I have to force job myself.

Same for me

SCP-RP: E-11 SSGT | EXM | CE | DoRCU | Senior Ranger Canadian | CI LCPL | JFTO | CQOP | Platinum

PoliceRP: SNR Lafleur 1D45 | FBI Probatory Agent | Diamond
Retired: Medical Supervisor | E-11 SM | Nu-7 SM | DHFTO | HTF Mark II | Security CPT | Warden Centurion |
 Senior Moderator

• 4 weeks later...

I think i've had this happen to me once before, from what I remember if you swap to a different job it then let's you play the original job, might have been something different though it was a while back, none the less, hope this helps till it get's fixed.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

• 2 weeks later...

Forums dips dont murder me for a potential necro post but what I noticed is that this happens when you are /demoted off a particular job. F4 menu doesn't get the memo but you can still switch back if you know the chat command to use the job. You can grab a list of all job commands by typing darkrp_translateChatCommands in console

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

• 1 month later...

close the job tab and open it. it will fix.

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

On 2/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, IgnisNuts said:

This in itself may need its own thread, I'm frequently getting forced onto the admin job regardless of if I was able to take the sit or not.

• 2 weeks later...

As many others have said, the easiest way to fix this is to close and reopen the F4 menu and it should be fixed.
If that does not work, then you can type the job command in chat. It should put you on that job, i.e. /utility_high_command in chat if you want to flag onto Utility HCMD.