Stop Incentivising AFKing [Denied]

LordMcQueefySnuff

What do you want to see?: AFK Farming nerfed

Why should we add it?:

I'm fine with all the shady practices done by this server to get donations, after all, people can decide to use their money however they'd like and it doesn't affect anybody except the purchaser, but AFK farming actively takes away from the general experience of others.

100 Players seems like a lot but when you take into account 25-35 of these players are simply AFK that brings the max players down to 70, and around the evenings (EST) it quickly gets filled.

The entire grift just rubs me the wrong way and just makes the server seem cheap and desperate, players are incentivised to AFK because it makes the numbers look better on the gmod browser, meaning people looking for servers who will likely be sorting by most populated, the server rises to the top of the list and the person looking for a new server to play on in deceived into thinking the server is more active than it actually is. In the morning (GMT) the server averages 30-40 players, that seems like a decent amount, until you enter the server only to find out 5 or 6 are actually playing.

There are solutions to this, pay and wait for a spot to snag or wait and wait even longer.

Nobody benefits from the system except the server owners. Regular users cant join, new users are deceived and the AFK players get nothing but an arbitrary number becoming higher than it was before or a measly sum of credits to use on this server's inflated store.

It's a dead horse but this server have received tens of thousands in donations and shouldn't need to rely on tactics this sleazy.

What are the advantages of having this?:

-More free slots

-Less Lag

-Less E-waste from constantly running computers

Who is it mainly for?:

New players/User ranks

Links to any content: N/A

• Laughing 1

While I agree to a degree, I think that regardless of the credits or not, people are going to AFK. Whether it be for levels or in-game time, people are going to AFK and for the most part there isn't much that can be done about it. It's going to continue happening regardless of if there is an incentive to doing it, and even so said incentive isn't inherently for AFKing, but instead time on the server. People just resorted to AFKing.

Edited by alaric

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

-support

this isn’t anything shady they do this for the players it is already merged where it is like 1 credit.

I see there being no use in making this post it seems as a attack on the server.

But yes I can see where your coming from about people AFKing either way we can’t stop people from AFKing.

agian I still see no need in this at all 

-IC CMDR 1138 Boss -Senior Admin  -Senior Gamemaster 

8 minutes ago, benjacobs034 said:

-support

this isn’t anything shady they do this for the players it is already merged where it is like 1 credit.

I see there being no use in making this post it seems as a attack on the server.

But yes I can see where your coming from about people AFKing either way we can’t stop people from AFKing.

agian I still see no need in this at all 

AFKing benefits the server in a way that's unfair to other servers (IE it gets to the top of the population filter on gmod), that's the only reason I describe it as shady. There's a possibility there was no intention for this but unfortunately where there's financial benefit involved it's difficult to not assume the worst intentions.

It's obviously not an attack on the server, I have money and time put into this server like everyone else, I dont have anything to gain from "attacking" it.

10 hours ago, alaric said:

While I agree to a degree, I think that regardless of the credits or not, people are going to AFK. Whether it be for levels or in-game time, people are going to AFK and for the most part there isn't much that can be done about it. It's going to continue happening regardless of if there is an incentive to doing it, and even so said incentive isn't inherently for AFKing, but instead time on the server. People just resorted to AFKing.

I've not seen it this bad on any server I've been on before. Maybe I don't have enough experience, that's true, but I can tell you I myself was tricked when first joining the server into thinking it was more active than it actually was simply because of the player count.

I admit that fixing this would require extreme changes to the server but when a problem is there it's important to point it out yeah?

- support 

There a reason why we have it. it Benefits players and it increases the over all rank of the server witch bring more players and thus more chances for people to donate witch allows the server to expend and grow even more. As servers are not free. 

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work