Rank system - Denied

MazuzaM

What are you suggesting? - Add a rank system, basically add a "Portable tablet" or something else where you can go to a person and set their rank for a branch (ex. Set MazuzaM MTF E11 MSGT), this addiction would be useful and the intresting part would be that if you are a certain rank (Ex. 1LT or Commander) you will be able to get on your branch jobs all the comfort (Ex. E11 CMDR Hops on Combat Engineer and spawns with L4 Keycard, Site Code System and Transciever while the L3 Keycard would be removed), this ranking system would be given only to Command members with restrictions (ex. 1LT can give ranks until <Rank>)

How would this change better the server? - This would help some MTF jobs (Or Utility) to switch codes/Open doors without having to switch job everytime they want to.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not really 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - All jobs (CI Wouldnt really have any benefits)

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

+Support would be great for CMD of all branches to be able to have the site code systems and cards and such on CCs or subbranches

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

54 minutes ago, Diz said:

+ Support

lol imagine stealing ideas from another server!!1!

lol

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

I do like the concept of it but how the fuck is this going to be implemented? 

I saw this on another server, I dont know specifically how to since Im not an expert but I saw that it is possible and doesnt cause any lag

1 hour ago, Sia lodato il SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE said:

What are you suggesting? - Add a rank system, basically add a "Portable tablet" or something else where you can go to a person and set their rank for a branch (ex. Set MazuzaM MTF E11 MSGT), this addiction would be useful and the intresting part would be that if you are a certain rank (Ex. 1LT or Commander) you will be able to get on your branch jobs all the comfort (Ex. E11 CMDR Hops on Combat Engineer and spawns with L4 Keycard, Site Code System and Transciever while the L3 Keycard would be removed), this ranking system would be given only to Command members with restrictions (ex. 1LT can give ranks until <Rank>)

How would this change better the server? - This would help some MTF jobs (Or Utility) to switch codes/Open doors without having to switch job everytime they want to.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not really 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - All jobs (CI Wouldnt really have any benefits)

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edit: Also they would be able to Whitelist people while not on their CMD Job

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

When making these kinds of suggestions coltable has stated many times to add a workshop link to make the job for him easier, by not linking anything and just having an idea you're not making his job easier and actually way harder.

+/- Support (Hard to be implemented without already something available)

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

Coding this himself would take Coltable a while. However, I do think that this idea would be worthwhile. +Support if Coltable thinks he could figure it out

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

Coding this himself would take Coltable a while. However, I do think that this idea would be worthwhile. +Support if Coltable thinks he could figure it out

+Support But ^

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

17 hours ago, Nydekore said:

U mean yea people are saying this system is being used in another gmod server so maybe colt can just add that add on, if so 

+SUPPORT

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

On 2/4/2022 at 7:59 AM, Cosmic The Italian said:

When making these kinds of suggestions coltable has stated many times to add a workshop link to make the job for him easier, by not linking anything and just having an idea you're not making his job easier and actually way harder.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

On 2/4/2022 at 4:59 AM, Cosmic The Italian said:

Implementing this  based of my minimal experience with addons and such WOULD cause more lag. Reason being is that this would cause the server or client side to remember ranks and stuff then transfer that to jobs when you go on them. Kinda like B whitelist. It causes more data to have to be loaded in order to function.

While I am not sure just how much lag it would cause I would definitely say with the amount of people on the server it would be noticeable. 

(take this with a grain of salt cause I am not an expert) 

+/- To Cosmics' point this could potentially be more complex and harder to implement then necessary. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

An addon has been previously looked at for this, but we didn't like the way it interacted and how it felt on our server.

big cat running GIF