The repurposing of the unused Radar room for Aviation. [Denied]

Ikelias

Introduction

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.thumb.jpg.f6d79e934e28e1365ff8483401738d6e.jpg

Many people will walk by this room and think nothing of it during their day to day lives on board the ISD-GL. This is understandable, as it is rarely ever mentioned in Naval tryouts, almost never used, and remains a forgotten piece of the bridge superstructure. However, today I offer a possible alternative to this room being left to gather dust. I propose for this room to be rebranded as an official command center for Aviation related affairs, open for SF command, Aviation officers and other high ranking officials to enter, coordinate, discuss, whatever the occasion may call for. There are many reasons why I suggest this room, including the following;

The Radar

33221.thumb.jpg.07f1ed514704cac14cf2bccfdd95468b.jpg

A sorely underappreciated tool, the radar is a critical component of air operations. With it, pilots and vehicles can easily be identified without visual contact being required. Its potential for coordination of air wings and targets is great, and its versatility is equally limitless. The only other locations this device is found is ATC and SHB control room, both locations being primarily relegated to Naval operations. Putting this tool in the hands of SF would greatly increase coordination, especially if an officer is on the bridge to supply both visual and radar-based information to fighters in airspace through teamspeak or other communication methods.

The Hangar Hologram

442.thumb.jpg.2cd505a15337aba344b080d80321aeee.jpg

Much like the radar, this seldom used tool is vital to the continued coordination and efficacy of the aviation team. There have been many instances where pilots are completely unaware of the bay doors being closed while they are in AS or about to scramble, and have been delayed precious seconds or even minutes waiting for a naval to rush to ATC and open it. With this tool, this problem can be identified very early on, and rectified with quick action even before the order to scramble is given. Unlike the radar, however, this tool is completely unique to this one room, making it a tragedy that this room is left unused.

Proximity to Bridge

During my time as an Aviation officer, I have sought to further increase the cohesiveness between bridge command and our boys in airspace. I have found great success through the use of an AO liaison being deployed to the bridge glass providing visual information, orders and relaying information between command to the fighters directly. This room, combined with this position, would mean even more critical information would be relayed to the pilots in our airspace, through the simple use of a short few meters of walking distance. It's convenient location makes it excellent for the Aviation team to utilize its potential in future operations.

Conclusion

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.thumb.jpg.618dc1c8b716da4f705aaebf960fced2.jpg

The Starfighter Corp has vastly grown since it's first inception so long ago. With new tools at its disposal, a great command team at its head, and a wonderful versatility rarely seen in any other battalion, it has been able to prove time and time again its importance to the ISD. Be it through the vital transportation of troops to ground missions, or the war winning stunts performed in the skies during on ship combat. They have even proven their metal in ground armor situations. In my opinion, it would be critical to not just the battalion's wellbeing, but the ISD as a whole, to supply even more tools to ensure this rapid success. This lonely, forgotten room of equal potential, is but one way to ensure our team can continue giving its all to the rest of the ISD.

~ Captain Elias, Chief Aviation Officer

• Manager

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. Please wait at least 2 Weeks before suggesting this again.

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

On 2/3/2022 at 5:18 PM, Jaeger. said:

This isn't really a thing for the forums I Suggest contacting an Admiral or Your Current Naval High Command Overseer