Azimov GM App- Accepted

Maury

Accept Application?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should this application be accepted?

• Yes
    • No

In-game name: Azimov

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:67116206

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: Colonel

Have you donated to the server?: Several times, yes.

Have you been banned on any GL server before?: I've not been banned on any GL servers that I am aware of.

Have you received any warnings (please give reasons if applicable)?: I have received no warnings in GL SWRP.

How much time do you have on the server?: Roughly 6 days, or "170:14" according to battlemetrics.

How well do you know the LORE? Explain: I've been an avid enjoyer of starwars since I was a child, and played SWRP-type servers in GMod for a majority of the near 8k hours I've put into the game. If there's something I don't know about the lore, it's easy to learn as there's a plethora of resources both on youtube and starwars-dedicated websites such as wookiepedia that can give either Canon or Extended Universe lore.

Why do you WANT to become a Gamemaster?: I want to become a gamemaster so I can put in some time 'paying it forward'. Players like Kashak, Mando, and Lukas to name a few have made my experience very enjoyable on the server, so it would be nice to help build and maintain something that players can continue to enjoy. Furthermore, I like creating short narratives. Small niche games like GMod SWRP are excellent for community-made lore and taking a deeper look into Star Wars lore first-hand.

Why should you be trusted to be a Game Master?: It's really up to the reviewer or interviewer whether I'm trustworthy or not, but I suppose my few connections to the community and track-record of good behavior is one reason.

Are you familiar/experienced with ULX?: Yes, and for what I cannot remember at first I can learn easily either by experimenting in a singleplayer server or via training and tutoring.

Are you experienced with being a Game Master and how they function?: Yes. I'm a bit rusty, but I GM'd for a long-dead server where I helped or hosted events for 150-250 players when GMod servers could handle that many.

Give a brief example of an on-ship event, as well as an example of an off-ship event: An on-ship event - passive, let's say - would be something like representatives of COMPNOR coming on the ship to document the status of the ship for humanitarian groups or to host interviews with Imperial Military command. An off-ship event could be something like either a siege on a rebel outpost or extermination of an intrusive species of insects on one of the Empires agricultural planets.

Do you know how to give a weapon/SWEP to yourself/someone? (Give an example): !give <player> <weapon> is the command line, and weapon id's can be copied from the Weapons menu while holding Q. An easier way to give someone other than myself a weapon would be to look at them and type !give ^ <weapon>. Obviously however it is important never to use the asterisk, as that would give the whole server that type of weapon. For simulations it is best to have players put a common phrase or word in their name such as PIM, IQN, SIM, DIM, etc... so I can simply !give SIM <weapon>.

Do you know how to model yourself/someone? (Give an example): !model <player> <model> is the command string, and models can copied to clipboard from the Addons folders in the context menu or even from default GMod assets such as the Dr. Breen or Isaac models (ex. !model Beckett models/citizen/ScienceJr.pm from the GM Guidelines). This is done by right clicking the model and copying to clipboard, where the user can paste the copied model info into the <model> section of the command string. Just like the previous question, I can model either a group of people with a similar word/phrase in their names or a singular player by replacing the <player> part in the command string with a ^.

Have you read the Gamemaster Guidelines?: I have.

Gamemaster

Purge Vice Commander | Brawler-Division Overseer

+Support

-He's an extremely competent individual, I know this for a fact as I've known him for a while now

-Shows knowledge in basic ULX commands & functions

-Has good ideas for events

-Seems genuinely passionate about becoming a GM

Resigned Grand Moff Tarkin | Retired Army General | Former Senior Commander of Death Troopers |

ezgif-1-a19ba8d457.gif.fd1399337b84ca8bd2d8bc2d6e7307c1.gif