False Warn Appeal

ZJ

Your In-game Name: ZJ

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:39508321

The admin's name in-game: Innacurate

What warning did you receive: RDM

When did you receive this warning: Jan 16th

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: I have no idea, must have entered the wrong steamID because I don't recall being in a sit nor receiving this

Why do you think this warn was false: I have no recollection of this warn.

Evidence the warning is false:

vU4qlJ7.png

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

My side:

A sit was called on you for RDM. After reviewing evidence giving to me by the reporter and logs, I tried to bring you into the sit to get your side of the story, but based on logs your game crashed a bit before I tried to add you to the sit. I proceeded to return the reporter and wait about 10 minutes for you to reconnect. After not seeing you on the server or in connection logs, I decided to use the evidence at hand to give a warn.

The actual situation was that you killed a dclass without their hands up, but they claimed that you hadn't redaverted the hands up protocol in 3 minutes. From the evidence I had I determined that was indeed true. Let me know if there is something I missed or did wrong.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

1 hour ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

My side:

A sit was called on you for RDM. After reviewing evidence giving to me by the reporter and logs, I tried to bring you into the sit to get your side of the story, but based on logs your game crashed a bit before I tried to add you to the sit. I proceeded to return the reporter and wait about 10 minutes for you to reconnect. After not seeing you on the server or in connection logs, I decided to use the evidence at hand to give a warn.

The actual situation was that you killed a dclass without their hands up, but they claimed that you hadn't redaverted the hands up protocol in 3 minutes. From the evidence I had I determined that was indeed true. Let me know if there is something I missed or did wrong.

Is there a clip? I obviously didn't think there was a possibility of an RDM sit if I didn't reconnect to the game, but I find that hard to believe since I am on the server almost 24/7 if you check logs and my time played it will confirm that.
eOzM5sg.png

Edited by ZJ

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

I was provided a clip for the sit but I no longer have it as this was over a week ago. As for logs, the only thing I used that for was to confirm when the RDM occurred and to see if he re-adverted hands up 3-5 minutes before the D-Class was killed.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

23 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

I was provided a clip for the sit but I no longer have it as this was over a week ago. As for logs, the only thing I used that for was to confirm when the RDM occurred and to see if he re-adverted hands up 3-5 minutes before the D-Class was killed.

Do you know who made the sit?

+/- Support

no offense to ZJ but he's a rulebook nerd he's like the last person that will break the MOTD.

Even in the unlikely case he RDM'ed it was likely unintentional and does not require a warn.

I will however wait for any evidence to be given before I fully support this. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

In situations like this you should wait for the other players.

In some cases like this were a d-class blatantly rdms an afk and then leaves I understand giving the warning, but over here I feel like it would have been better to redirect the reporter to the forums as ZJ was not in the sit and couldn't give his side. 

+Support

Edited by Cosmic The Italian

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

+support

ZJ has done good on warden/security, I don't think he would use any force that wasn't needed. It was a misunderstanding, theres constantly so much going on in d block that its just so hard to tell the real story with no actual clip. Also giving a warn without hearing the other side of the story at all isn't fair. Theres 2 sides to every story.

oofwill2.png

1 hour ago, oofWill said:

+support

ZJ has done good on warden/security, I don't think he would use any force that wasn't needed. It was a misunderstanding, theres constantly so much going on in d block that its just so hard to tell the real story with no actual clip. Also giving a warn without hearing the other side of the story at all isn't fair. Theres 2 sides to every story.

This is basically what I said I am almost always either on TS, in game or in discord. No reason not to see the evidence explain my side, but now its been 10 days and I didn't even know I had a warn until I looked.

I feel there's a big sentiment of thinking Inaccurate should've taken other routes here instead of giving a warning. However, I believe Inaccurate was right to deliver this warning if he believed rule breaking took place. Staff aren't required to track down players through discord or whatever other means in order to get their side of the story, they should ideally be there in game. Unfortunately, ZJ wasn't there when Inaccurate took the sit so Inaccurate took the evidence and ran it as he should have.

However, I believe without seeing the evidence of this case, a minor RDM warning should not be held to ZJ's record considering he, nor the rest of us, have the ability to fully see what happened. I doubt Inaccurate cares if it sticks, I doubt anyone really does. So +Support

• Like 3

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

3 hours ago, Nydekore said:

I feel there's a big sentiment of thinking Inaccurate should've taken other routes here instead of giving a warning. However, I believe Inaccurate was right to deliver this warning if he believed rule breaking took place. Staff aren't required to track down players through discord or whatever other means in order to get their side of the story, they should ideally be there in game. Unfortunately, ZJ wasn't there when Inaccurate took the sit so Inaccurate took the evidence and ran it as he should have.

However, I believe without seeing the evidence of this case, a minor RDM warning should not be held to ZJ's record considering he, nor the rest of us, have the ability to fully see what happened. I doubt Inaccurate cares if it sticks, I doubt anyone really does. So +Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Nydekore said:

This is the correct take. We are not here to judge character. Only the legitimacy of the warning. We have appeals for just this purpose of giving another look in case something was missed or wasn't presented the first time around.

Unfortunate we don't have much to work off of. +Support because it is a minor infraction at worst.

17 hours ago, ZJ said:

Your In-game Name: ZJ

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:39508321

The admin's name in-game: Innacurate

What warning did you receive: RDM

When did you receive this warning: Jan 16th

Please give a description of the situation that led to the warning: I have no idea, must have entered the wrong steamID because I don't recall being in a sit nor receiving this

Why do you think this warn was false: I have no recollection of this warn.

Evidence the warning is false:

vU4qlJ7.png

I called the sit on you and what happend was that an hands up was called once and you killed me without a 5 seconds warning, you were AFK so Inaccurate couldnt bring you to the sit.
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/81MGtTJ7nVZmC/d1337ZTB8c0t?invite=cr-MSx4UEssMzE3NDExNTQs

Edited by Sia lodato il SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

1 hour ago, Sia lodato il SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE said:

I called the sit on you and what happend was that an hands up was called once and you killed me without a 5 seconds warning, you were AFK so Inaccurate couldnt bring you to the sit.
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/81MGtTJ7nVZmC/d1337ZTB8c0t?invite=cr-MSx4UEssMzE3NDExNTQs

It says in the advert “no further warnings will be given” likely meaning this is the third advert and u need ur hands up by the time u get up elevator so they killed you for not having them up by then

If this is the case ZJ was right to just shoot you. 

(Note: I cannot hear the audio as i am in class and airpods died so i dont know what was spoken)

Going with a +Support for now but its subject to change based on new evidence

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Fishy said:

+Support

I don't believe there was enough evidence to warrant a warn, there was no video clip or anything. I'm assuming you checked logs after the kill so the time would potentially be different.

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

2 hours ago, Sia lodato il SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE said:

2 of us say you have 5 seconds, and according to the clip approx 5 seconds pass from when we say that and start shooting...  In fact it appears you were given 10 seconds+

Edited by ZJ

2 hours ago, Sia lodato il SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE said:

As said above, ZJ Gave more then 5 seconds. He stopped saying 5 seconds at ~5 seconds in the clip, you were shot at just after the 14 second mark meaning you had ~9 seconds of warning. The advert also says that no more warnings would be given so you could have just been shot on the spot but they decided to give you a warning anyway.
If this was the evidence provided then he really shouldn't have received a warn in my opinion as he did nothing wrong. +Support

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

12 hours ago, Nydekore said:

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

This is the correct take. We are not here to judge character. Only the legitimacy of the warning. We have appeals for just this purpose of giving another look in case something was missed or wasn't presented the first time around.

Unfortunate we don't have much to work off of. +Support because it is a minor infraction at worst.

Unfortunately neither of these takes are addressing the topic at hand. Judging ZJ's character or tracking him down on Discord wasn't necessary, but at least have him there. I find it increasingly frustrating that the most common sense, run-of-the-mill sits with both reporter and reported present are dismissed due to lack of evidence (you do not need a video or screenshot for everything, this isn't court) but here we are warning a guy not even available to defend himself. It's weird.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Meridian said:

As said above, ZJ Gave more then 5 seconds. He stopped saying 5 seconds at ~5 seconds in the clip, you were shot at just after the 14 second mark meaning you had ~9 seconds of warning. The advert also says that no more warnings would be given so you could have just been shot on the spot but they decided to give you a warning anyway.
If this was the evidence provided then he really shouldn't have received a warn in my opinion as he did nothing wrong. +Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

Apologies
I was not aware that the No Warnings advert counted as a Re-Advert

Please remove the warning.