Gov CC rule change - Denied

Omzig

What you want to see? -  I want to change the rule about what cars you can drive, I think it should be update so that it corresponds with whatever branch your in not just the PD besides tac branches.

Why should we add it? -  so people like me who don't want to play PD or people who main other branches like FBI are able to actually drive around on the  job they payed for.  also so people don't spend 100+$ just to be able to drive one car. 

What are the advantages of having this? - people would be more likely to purchase a gov CC and also to be added to some 

Who is it mainly for? - People who want a GOV CC but aren't the right rank in PD to be able to have certain cars 

FBI SSA Gang

Major +Support

I don't see why this is not a thing yet. Playing PD is not for everyone and if you wanted to buy a gov CC but your an OFC in PD and a SSA in FBI you should be able to use those FBI cars since you've worked your way up in those ranks and been trained and promoted by department heads and their command teams. I think for the server making money it could be a good thing since more people would by the gov CCs since you can use cars that are equivalent to your rank in other departments besides PD. 

I also believe that all of the rules and stuff for the Gov CCs should be written down somewhere or obvious so that people don't break these rules that they are unknowing of and get in trouble and know what they are getting themselves into when they purchase a gov CC. 

• Like 1

Retired PRP - FBI Chief of Staff | FTO Training Director | USMS Deputy Marshal | HRT Captain

PD Sergeant Major

Ex PRP Senior Moderator 

20220814123045_1_13.png.01f385d214d4507ed56e2e53594103f9.png

Before I say anything I +support this 100% because I believe the same thing should be occurring. But as it stands the only way that I see this being enforced and people not just driving around cars that isn't their rank, is first people that own the CCs would have to have their name as their current rank in that department that they are driving around their vehicle but in no ways does that mean that they are to abide by their department standards such as if they have their name as a tac unit they should not be moving into situations. If this occurs this could easily be notified to PD command as well as their dept. command if that occurs as well as you might have people putting false names in their department. But as well you have to have regulations for example myself can pull out essentially any car from the state vehicle dealers as well as FBI vehicles so when does it cross the line of which vehicles we can drive such as the bearcat or command vehicles such as the mustang or the Lamborghinis i'm just saying moderation is key because the same command cars that PD drive they earned it for that job as to where yeah you earned a vehicle in a different department doesn't necessarily mean that you earned that vehicle as to where PD command have the same car but they worked for that vehicle in that department

Edited by balloonhail4979
  • Like 1

SM Balloon 1A98/FBI Deputy Director Balloon RA5/State Major Balloon 1H02/CERT TL Balloon 1TL01/SPMU Head Patrolman Balloon 1HP01

Keep your head up and your eyes straight and everything will be fine

T MOD Oct 9-15/21  MODERATOR Oct 15 - Nov 5/21 SENIOR MOD Nov 21 - Dec 12/21 Admin Dec 12 - Jan 14/22 Senior Admin Jan 14 - Current

3 hours ago, Lime King said:

+Support
-I should be able to use the same vehicles I can on the rank I earned  (FBI SWAT SRT etc) while on a gov CC

• Like 1
  • Retired: 
  • Police Department Captain 1L-28
  • Emergency Medical Services Head FTO FTO-01
  • Emergency Medical Services Deputy 87-33
  • Emergency Medical Services Secretary
  • United States Marshal Service Lead Special Agent 1Q-31
  • USMS Bounty Hunter Leader BHL-01
  • SRT GySGT 1R-28
  • SRT Corporal 1S-28
  • SCU Colonel 1U-28/SCU Head FTO
  • Police RP: Moderator

Drill Sgt. Kevin 1L-28

• "You do not lose if you get knocked down. You lose if you stay down" -Muhammed Ali

39 minutes ago, balloonhail4979 said:

Before I say anything I +support this 100% because I believe the same thing should be occurring. But as it stands the only way that I see this being enforced and people not just driving around cars that isn't their rank, is first people that own the CCs would have to have their name as their current rank in that department that they are driving around their vehicle but in no ways does that mean that they are to abide by their department standards such as if they have their name as a tac unit they should not be moving into situations. If this occurs this could easily be notified to PD command as well as their dept. command if that occurs as well as you might have people putting false names in their department. But as well you have to have regulations for example myself can pull out essentially any car from the state vehicle dealers as well as FBI vehicles so when does it cross the line of which vehicles we can drive such as the bearcat or command vehicles such as the mustang or the Lamborghinis i'm just saying moderation is key because the same command cars that PD drive they earned it for that job as to where yeah you earned a vehicle in a different department doesn't necessarily mean that you earned that vehicle as to where PD command have the same car but they worked for that vehicle in that department

@balloonhail4979 You do bring up a very good point about were the cut off should be. I think of maybe making it ranks that you dont have to apply to get I.E if your HC in fbi and on a GOV CC you can only use cars up to saic or even SSA, Then at that point maybe just having set cars GOV CC's can only use? For example Gov CC's can only use a charger and a few handful of cars 

FBI SSA Gang

4 hours ago, Kale_ said:

Major +Support

I don't see why this is not a thing yet. Playing PD is not for everyone and if you wanted to buy a gov CC but your an OFC in PD and a SSA in FBI you should be able to use those FBI cars since you've worked your way up in those ranks and been trained and promoted by department heads and their command teams. I think for the server making money it could be a good thing since more people would by the gov CCs since you can use cars that are equivalent to your rank in other departments besides PD. 

I also believe that all of the rules and stuff for the Gov CCs should be written down somewhere or obvious so that people don't break these rules that they are unknowing of and get in trouble and know what they are getting themselves into when they purchase a gov CC. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:32 PM, Lime King said:

+Support
-I should be able to use the same vehicles I can on the rank I earned  (FBI SWAT SRT etc) while on a gov CC

Flop approves.
+support

FBI AD Reserve HRT CPT Reserve Moderator

😎Floppa Forever 😎
961962492_Smallflop.jpg.39516e43ed60da6143606982f0fd2237.jpg

On 1/19/2022 at 3:05 PM, Kale_ said:

Major +Support

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion.

I love this suggestion in theory, but the amount of work that would have to go into adding each government custom class to the cars in each of the dealers and maintaining that as new CCs are added isn't reasonable. The config to access the car dealers is a very manual process and requires a lot of upkeep from JMT/SMT. Then another issue would be somebody claiming to have a rank and using the incorrect car, such as a high command car making it unfair for those that actually worked for the rank to get those cars. 

For the reasons above, at this time I am denying this suggestion but it might be something we can work on in the future.

• Like 1