Hotshot - Admin Report

Keegan

Do the views and experiences in this report match your own?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do the views and experiences in this report match your own?

• Yes
    • No

+Support

As the current Highest ranking individual on the server in RP (Besides Hotshot) I unfortunately have to agree with a lot of the points present in this report and in the current replies being posted as we speak. With me being on the server 2-3 months after its creation I enjoyed myself a lot on here and I never wished for it to go away. After a few years I got into the High Command perspective of things and I quickly started to notice some interesting trends among Management being involved in High Command. 

Firstly with the Documents that Mr. Keegan presented, Players and Command members must know that no one in High Command had access to those documents except for Hotshot. Personally my experiences with Hotshot have been sorta Mild, I tried to talk to him frequently on Slack as that was the best way to contact him currently. I had told Hotshot about said documents within Slack but I was ignored which left these documents to stay in their current state.

Secondly, The Spectre part sorta shocked a good amount of High Command members as none of us were aware that he had “Upgraded” his reserves to the Rank of Commodore. For the people saying that he resigned at “Vice Admiral” and “Commodore” reserves were correct. They are completely misinformed the Minimal demotion for reserves is 2 ranks in which we felt that Spectre had not performed as best as he could with his current rank which is why “Naval High Command” agreed on him getting Captain reserves. This furthers the issue with Lack of Communication Hotshot has with High Command and him going off and doing stuff on his own without letting anyone know. The Gyazo screenshots provided do show clear Bias which is never okay in the first place. Which shocked me at the time of this happening as I was like “What the hell.”

Thirdly, The conversation that went down in (#High Command Chat) recently was very disturbing to watch as I had a feeling that I was going to lose a very good and valuable General. As it has become apparent that anyone who disagrees or shows that they don't side with Hotshot on something is at risk of being removed. As stated in the past to Command Members and to me Privately about Command teams resigning by Hotshot. “They are all replaceable.” This just isn't true at all the people who we are and the Character that we have and our traits can never be replaced. It has been shown multiple times that people who had quarrel with Hotshot or Management in General but were excellent Command Members and by far the best we have had so far Resigned due to the split in opinions and their respective Battalions suffered in activity and unfortunately some died out but fortunately regained activity with the extensive help of High Command.

With the failure to make Updates for GM and the Server in General. This is a very true and sad fact about Our Management. They have had 0 motivation to complete very simple tasks and Updates at the time which could have taken maybe 2-3 hours at most. Personally I have experienced this as I was looking to add a New Job to High Command in which I gave Hotshot the full details for it and I waited and waited and got not response to it. Until I pinged him and finally asked for it I was told that they were focusing on “Some Changes” with the new arrival of Zeus Gaming SMT. Another point I would like to make is that we have waited and waited for the new IC models for months on end in which I believe it shouldn't take that long to get a Model set in the server and ready to use. If the addition would be in the server it would drastically increase IC’s activity as most Battalion updates do due to Cool guns and Model changes and all that Jazz.

Over the course of my Years on ImperialRP I have seen a lot of SMT come and go and for the most part they were all pretty solid people, such as (HoS Adam, Snar, Scoot, Emoo, etc.) It has only become apparent that of recent that Hotshots decision making has been thrown into a tizzy when it comes to SMT pickings. When River got SMT I was totally shocked and dumbfounded about it as I had thought Sawick was going to get it due to Sawick putting 100x more effort in anything he did rather than River who did nothing (Personal Opinion) With his promotion it fractured the JMT team in which he should have saw coming with the Promotion and should have thought it out more which saw Great JMT members such as with Sawick and Pepper leaving. Two amazing JMT who were up for the task of SMT.

Another big topic would be Hotshot interfering with Roleplay actions such as The Promotion of multiple people to High Ranks within certain battalions that we as High Command did not deem them fit but Hotshot did after seeing them on for 1 day and seeing what they can do in the span of 5 hours. This mostly where my frustration comes from as I have had people who have worked for positions lined up for awhile and it was all “Fucked” over with people getting rank skipped into Really high positions. This has further my opinion in which I think that Management should have no say in any role play scenario or Promotions.. (Unfortunately this has left me with a bad taste for Management in roleplay actions)

Hotshot I know you will read this. Personally I have nothing against you. You have been really nice to me with my time in Grand Moff and Grand Admiral Thrawn but I just think you need to set your priorities straight and get a reality check. Unfortunately I believe that a change in Managers is in order.

Edited by MrPickle
NO MORE COLORD CODE
  • Gaminglight Love 2

Former: Darth Vader

Former: Super Administrator | Forum Diplomat | Support Advisor

2 hours ago, Igneous said:

I'm going to leave my two cents on here, as I have watched this report get discredited by invalid points, and at this point I feel it necessary to speak up. I've debated heavily with myself whether or not I was going to comment on this report, but given the circumstances and my own personal ethical and moral beliefs, I have decided to share my opinions on the matter. 

I'm first going to ask that for any of you that read this comment, to take a second to actually think about what this report means. As far as I can tell, This report is not a personal attack against hotshot nor is it a witch hunt or a scheme to get back at him. To the best of my ability I can interpret this report as a genuine report where the concerned party is worried about the future of ImperialRP.

I've read the entirety of this report, multiple times, and read every comment on this post, and I myself (obviously) have more experience than anybody else on this matter. With that being said, I fully agree with the report, and I will explain why. For the sake of the length of this reply, I'm not going to comment on everything, just the things that I find to be the most important.

Regarding the Situation with Spectre:

I'm not familiar with the reserves part of this complaint, but what I am familiar with is the fact that Spectre was outed as an alt account of a member with 40 warnings, and only received a temporary staff restriction as a punishment. Many many many different SMT members that I have asked about this situation stated that Spectre should have been blacklisted for that. Its been our policy for years that you simply cannot do that, and we've banned countless others for doing the same thing. Why should Spectres situation be any different? I firmly believe that Hotshots decision to keep Spectre and minimally punish him was a direct result of bias, and should have not happened.

Regarding the situation with Chico:

I read what Hotshot stated about this "Certain ranks don't get access", and that is simply just not true. Hotshot could have given Chico the permission to help him, he just didn't. I have seen this happen countless times where Hotshot has refused help from people who wanted to do more, and for someone who claims to not have any time, he sure does turn down help. I firmly believe that part of the reason there is/was a lack of SMT on ImperialRP is because of this.

Regarding Hotshot Promoting River:

Even if River was doing his job was JMT, I firmly believe that promotion should have never happened. While sometimes people do "slip" through the cracks, there is absolutely no excuse for that in my eyes. It was so blatantly obvious that river was doing sketchy shit, I myself found out about it in literally minutes. River was not properly vetted for that promotion, and I feel that had Hotshot put in a little more time and asked for others opinions, it wouldn't have happened.

Regarding the lack of content/updates:

I more than anybody in this community can understand how hard it may be to get out updates sometimes, as I managed a server alone for over 2 years. However, that is not an acceptable excuse in this scenario. The only acceptable excuse that I could accept is Zeus gaming, but for the months that followed after Zeus gaming? That is unacceptable in my opinion. From what I am told hotshot had opportunities to ask for help, but refused them. Not only that, but especially with something as simple as branch updates and job code. I understand Hotshot stated that it was low priority, but the question I ask then is what was high priority at that time? The report states that basically no updates were done for over 2 months, so if that wasn't high priority then what was? Also regarding the lack of a map additions/removals, Hotshot stated that the reporter has no knowledge of the progress on that. I find that frankly to be straight up BS. If there are broken maps on the server, they should be removed as soon as possible, especially if they break the server beyond repair until restart. Not only that, but the lack of map additions as well? How does that have anything to do with the reporter not being able to see the progress of those tasks. Its common knowledge what maps are/aren't on the server, and they havent been updated in months, so that doesnt make sense.

Regarding Hotshots responsibilities in Real Life:

This is by far the most important rebuttal that Hotshot made, and that others are making in his defense. Nobody in this entire community will fault Hotshot for having a life, having bills to pay, and having shit to take care of. Every single one of us does. That isn't the important part. If Hotshot does not have the time to handle his responsibilities here, then I pose the important question, why would he not resign? If you all are not aware, there was a time in my life where I was in a similar position as Hotshot. I was mostly unavailable, unable to perform updates and duties, and I felt like absolute shit about it. I felt like I was letting my server down, and instead of sticking around for months and months being unavailable, I resigned. That is the mature thing to do. I took an LOA, and when I came back I still found myself unable to perform, and therefore I took it upon myself to leave for the betterment of the server. At this point, this is the thing that bothers me the most. I find it INCREDIBLY disrespectful how Hotshot has continued to let the server go astray while being majorly unavailable to do his tasks. 

I will never fault somebody for what they have to do in real life. But if Hotshot knows, (and has known for months), that he cannot perform his tasks, he should not still be here. He has a responsibility to the server, and to this community, and if he can no longer perform it due to in real life responsibilities, then this should not be dragged out any longer.

Side note, in no way should Hotshot have responded to this report, as I find that incredibly immature and borderline predatory.

Thank you for reading, 

+Support

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

To preface, I try to not get involved in instances like these, especially as HC and JMT, but my concerns and opinions need to be addressed. I have held off saying anything for a long time due to our own opinions being suppressed and feeling as if they do not matter. As well as, the general apprehension that any opinions not in line with your own are addressed as invalid and our standings being threatened due to us being “replaceable.”

The High Command team has consistently, despite a few small bumps, worked very well together and we discuss things with great detail and thought with the benefit of the server always being at the forefront of our thoughts and actions. Even through this, as trusted members of the server with a plethora of experience and the general well being of the server in mind, we are seemingly not trusted to lead the server in RP. I wish, and hopefully at the end of this tunnel, HC and SMT work together to progress changes and decisions. I understand that Managers have the final say on RP decisions but I hope that our opinions are seen as meaningful and well backed as we too have the servers best interest at heart. I hope for a team oriented environment going into the future to bring ImperialRP back to a stronger standing once again.

Keegan was an exceptional General and a fantastic HC member. He is unbiased, trustworthy, a team player, and extremely dedicated. I wholeheartedly believe he was wrongfully removed just for sticking up for something that he did not believe in and thought was wrong. I and other HC believed the same thing but held my voice which I wish I would not have done. During Keegan's time he was always working to improve both the player experience and the server. Even still doing so now as a SGM. He was and is still one of the most dedicated people I know and his character speaks volumes. This is not a personal attack made by Keegan in a vengeful manner but rather his addressment of an ongoing issue that has consistently been brushed aside. For Keegan to be discredited as he did bothers me immensely. I hope for his reinstatement as General as it was stripped from him wrongfully. 

In regards to the IC model update. I found and supplied this model pack to SMT roughly 9 months ago while I was still the Commander of IC (prior to SNR promo). I honestly hoped that they would have been added already as they added a lot of RP to the most expensive donator battalion on the server. I understand this may take time to do and I trusted the process. I even brought them up in a meeting with you directly in which they were promised during the Christmas update that was canceled. I understand your ISP issue during this time but had hoped they would be implemented immediately following your return. Instead, I found out that they were pushed back and now on extreme low priority. I requested an extra assignment to IC to help implement the changes to the battalion and greatly looked forward to Project Omega update. I can tell you for a fact that myself as well as the majority of IC were tremendously disheartened by this. 

In conclusion, I do not hold anything against you Hotshot nor anyone else. You have always been nice and I believe we have gotten along rather well. Regardless of what happens to me because of my opinions being voiced, I will continue to do my absolute best with what I signed up for and the positions I currently fill.

I believe more can be said but I have the hit the points that struck me the hardest. I hope for the best moving forward.

+Support

Edited by Bear_
forgot to add support.

- Advisor Bear -
- = was Darth Vader (fortnite) & killed a lot of people (MRDM)= -
R IC COL 6150 BEAR | R ST COL Barrett 6150

9 hours ago, Mr.E said:

+Support
As a long term Gaminglight Imperial Roleplayer, I have enjoyed this server a lot, it always brings me back - This is only after an update has come out, they are so rare that it is difficult for me to enjoy and stay on the server long term especially if I do not join staff or GM. The community that has grown on this server is a fun and enthusiastic one, it is very enticing to get on the server with the player base but Hotshots appalling management skills dissuade me from deciding to hop on sometimes, I constantly hear hotshot has done such and such, and its never anything anyone likes, he constantly meddles with roleplay decisions whilst not being active with his community he is completely disconnected from anything roleplay related, only when his friends come crying to him does he ever get involved always waiting till a boiling point where command members are at each others throats to do anything, it is disheartening to see that such a good community has been left in the hands of such a nonchalant manager with no drive, no passion, no nothing. I speak to many people from this server daily and it's constantly negative!

Furthermore, Hotshot had a discussion with a few members of the server about updates, promising updates will be coming, but to no avail, I know many community members even friends who have left because they are bored, they've done everything, there's nothing new - no updates. I am grateful Keegan has done this, as said in his report, people need to see how he acts and deals with situations, many people think Hotshot is this standup awesome person, which he could be but instead he decides to only further his friends enjoyment on the server Via Corrupt decisions, such as random mass promotions which no one would agree with and dissuading innovative ideas Command and High Command members have come up with.

Whilst a punishment is in order, Hotshot should begin to realise that people are done with how he is managing, change is what we need, not what we want... But need, if you are burnt out let someone take your place, don't bring the server down with you because you can't be bothered to manage it, even recently Zeeptin has brought back beckett, Nimo and Apple from Zeusgaming to help with the low number of management. So please step it up, stop plastering lies all over the place, that will only temporarily solve an issue till it pops back up.  

Please I beg!

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

Before writing this, I'd like to emphasize I have no personal bias against Hotshot. I am merely giving my take after what I have read.

I'd like to say that I agree with the sentiment expressed by both this +support as well as the report. It not only makes it such a pain for command teams to update their battalions when there is a ludicrous wait time like this, but it also leaves them wondering when the suggestions for updates will finally be implemented. For example, the Z-6 fix suggestion is marked as accepted yet as far as I have seen is not implemented.

Furthermore, the behavior of Hotshot towards a member of High Command who has been around a while is simply atrocious and downright wrong, ESPECIALLY given the face that that person had entirely valid concerns.

Thirdly, I believe the mass purging of reserves was wrong. I can't speak for other battalions, but I can say in my battalion (501st) we had multiple people removed who had every right to keep their reserves. One example comes to mind; Doomlam/Dev. Doomlam was an EXEMPLARY officer, serving with distinction from his higher ups (me at the time) and the respect for of his peers. Sadly, he had to reserve due to personal reasons, but he did a lot while he was around! He was hosting SIMs and trainings all of the time and always encouraging activity from those below him. He was also a great guy to be around, both fun and kind, not to mention a GM for this server. Why were his reserves purged? Because Hotshot saw no note of what he did next to his name. You have got to be joking if you think that is a valid reason, especially when you consider (as far as I am aware when writing this) that the current command team (Myself, Miyo & Pisces) were NOT consulted when his reserves were removed.

While I do understand Hotshot has final say over roleplay, it would feel a little nicer for him to take a more active and visible part in the community if he is going to make impactful decisions such as removing reserves or promoting reserves as well as ignoring misuse of logs in Spectre's case.

In addition, many including myself feel as though the server has taken a sharp turn towards monetization and many believe that the focus has solely shifted to making money and advertising jobs that require a donation to play rather than quality of life and fun playability. 

To respond to another reply a few above mine from a former staff member, if Hotshot doesn't have time to be on and active, should he really be manager? There's nothing wrong with being busy with school and such but if you can't manage your server due to it, maybe you shouldn't be manager anymore?

When it comes to updates, it's true that many have simply come out as.. boring. We keep getting new paid crates to open, maybe give attention to the free ones too? I get you have to tailor to your donors to keep a cash flow and keep the server alive, but you can't leave the majority of the community who aren't donors out in the gutter. Give us a fun update! Give us something to stimulate the server instead of stimulate the cash flow! I know for one, there isn't a whole lot of areas good for passive RP on the server. I will admit the addition of a firing range was AWESOME! But when will we get other cool things like that? Speaking from personal experience, it's very easy to get bored between events and such due to a lack of good server updates!

I would also like to touch on the SMT/JMT situation. While I cannot exactly say what occurred in the situation as most of what I have heard is hearsay, I can say that the situation ended with a lot of good staff members leaving the server, leading me to believe that something clearly was not handled properly. Me personally? I almost left myself. River, as Igneous said, must not have been vetted for SMT as it was very clearly he was doing some shady stuff. The only way I can describe it is as a mismanagement of JMT and SMT.

I do not know what should happen to Hotshot, but something needs to change. Imperial RP is suffering and if it's time for a changing of the guard, it's time for a changing of the guard.

I don't want to quote them all as to clog up the feed with a ridiculously long post, but I'd recommend looking at the responses posted by the following individuals as I very strongly agree with them: Igneous, Chico, Frog, Ducks, Bear.

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

7 hours ago, Chico said:

+Support

You say that certain ranks don't get this privileges yet Emoo was given access to Gitlab for these updates.

I was extremely excited and motivated to work alongside you, however, I was turned away at almost every point. My opinions as a HoS didn't matter to you at all. I was your only SMT member and I tried my best to assist you, but due to me not getting any of these privilege's that other HoS had, I couldn't do anything to help with updates.

I was the HGM (Event Team Lead) and JMT of the time when I suggested a multitude of updates that would better assist event quality. The updates would include

- New map rotation.
- Different tools.

All of which you said would be in soon, and yet even after I retired from being HoS they have not been implemented into the server.

On the note of how slow updates are implemented, your response time was horrendous. I do understand timezone differences, however, when there is something that is important, and I don't get a response, it is hard to do my job as the HoS, especially with no other SMT.

There is always excuses, you say you don't have management so you can't do something but you're not attempting to fix this situation. Almost everything that requires a swift response to, you delay, and you delay it heavily.

Just because the shock documents were replaced due to copies made by high command does not mean that there should be public documents still tied to GL with mein kampf translated. High command members pinged you on several occasions in attempt to revert these documents that STILL haven't been fixed.

In terms of the new SMT being chosen, I was never consulted with despite being the HoS, I would've liked if my opinion was considered in the slightest. "This isn't really Hotshot fault, whenever someone is moved up to SMT it is talked between almost all of the SMT team and Zeeptin." - Emoo

There is a huge issue within management and it must be rectified before the hit in both management, RP, and player count continues.

If you are going to be + or - supporting this topic, please read ALL of the points that are made. Don't take one point that you disagree on and disregard the entirety of the report because of it. There have been many faults that have been shown here, many that are inexcusable. For those of you who are viewing this topic and yet are too scared to comment on it, don't be. You will not be punished in any way for speaking your mind and how you feel. 

+support

Former: Grand General / Havoc Commander / ST Vice Commander

EX Imperial Army Branch Representative.

4 hours ago, MrPickle said:

+Support

As the current Highest ranking individual on the server in RP (Besides Hotshot) I unfortunately have to agree with a lot of the points present in this report and in the current replies being posted as we speak. With me being on the server 2-3 months after its creation I enjoyed myself a lot on here and I never wished for it to go away. After a few years I got into the High Command perspective of things and I quickly started to notice some interesting trends among Management being involved in High Command. 

Firstly with the Documents that Mr. Keegan presented, Players and Command members must know that no one in High Command had access to those documents except for Hotshot. Personally my experiences with Hotshot have been sorta Mild, I tried to talk to him frequently on Slack as that was the best way to contact him currently. I had told Hotshot about said documents within Slack but I was ignored which left these documents to stay in their current state.

Secondly, The Spectre part sorta shocked a good amount of High Command members as none of us were aware that he had “Upgraded” his reserves to the Rank of Commodore. For the people saying that he resigned at “Vice Admiral” and “Commodore” reserves were correct. They are completely misinformed the Minimal demotion for reserves is 2 ranks in which we felt that Spectre had not performed as best as he could with his current rank which is why “Naval High Command” agreed on him getting Captain reserves. This furthers the issue with Lack of Communication Hotshot has with High Command and him going off and doing stuff on his own without letting anyone know. The Gyazo screenshots provided do show clear Bias which is never okay in the first place. Which shocked me at the time of this happening as I was like “What the hell.”

Thirdly, The conversation that went down in (#High Command Chat) recently was very disturbing to watch as I had a feeling that I was going to lose a very good and valuable General. As it has become apparent that anyone who disagrees or shows that they don't side with Hotshot on something is at risk of being removed. As stated in the past to Command Members and to me Privately about Command teams resigning by Hotshot. “They are all replaceable.” This just isn't true at all the people who we are and the Character that we have and our traits can never be replaced. It has been shown multiple times that people who had quarrel with Hotshot or Management in General but were excellent Command Members and by far the best we have had so far Resigned due to the split in opinions and their respective Battalions suffered in activity and unfortunately some died out but fortunately regained activity with the extensive help of High Command.

With the failure to make Updates for GM and the Server in General. This is a very true and sad fact about Our Management. They have had 0 motivation to complete very simple tasks and Updates at the time which could have taken maybe 2-3 hours at most. Personally I have experienced this as I was looking to add a New Job to High Command in which I gave Hotshot the full details for it and I waited and waited and got not response to it. Until I pinged him and finally asked for it I was told that they were focusing on “Some Changes” with the new arrival of Zeus Gaming SMT. Another point I would like to make is that we have waited and waited for the new IC models for months on end in which I believe it shouldn't take that long to get a Model set in the server and ready to use. If the addition would be in the server it would drastically increase IC’s activity as most Battalion updates do due to Cool guns and Model changes and all that Jazz.

Over the course of my Years on ImperialRP I have seen a lot of SMT come and go and for the most part they were all pretty solid people, such as (HoS Adam, Snar, Scoot, Emoo, etc.) It has only become apparent that of recent that Hotshots decision making has been thrown into a tizzy when it comes to SMT pickings. When River got SMT I was totally shocked and dumbfounded about it as I had thought Sawick was going to get it due to Sawick putting 100x more effort in anything he did rather than River who did nothing (Personal Opinion) With his promotion it fractured the JMT team in which he should have saw coming with the Promotion and should have thought it out more which saw Great JMT members such as with Sawick and Pepper leaving. Two amazing JMT who were up for the task of SMT.

Another big topic would be Hotshot interfering with Roleplay actions such as The Promotion of multiple people to High Ranks within certain battalions that we as High Command did not deem them fit but Hotshot did after seeing them on for 1 day and seeing what they can do in the span of 5 hours. This mostly where my frustration comes from as I have had people who have worked for positions lined up for awhile and it was all “Fucked” over with people getting rank skipped into Really high positions. This has further my opinion in which I think that Management should have no say in any role play scenario or Promotions.. (Unfortunately this has left me with a bad taste for Management in roleplay actions)

Hotshot I know you will read this. Personally I have nothing against you. You have been really nice to me with my time in Grand Moff and Grand Admiral Thrawn but I just think you need to set your priorities straight and get a reality check. Unfortunately I believe that a change in Managers is in order.

+support. 

Former: Grand Inquisitor   Lead Admin
sasuke GIF

+ Support

If you don’t have time to improve the server and are so busy IRL why not resign and give the position to someone who has the time to manage the server, update it, interact with the community, and do the other numerous tasks given to someone with the position of manager. Igneous and multiple other people bring up excellent points. Regarding Spectre, it’s obvious he should of been blacklisted after hard proof was given of him ALTing and at the time of the report he would still come over to PoliceRP and cause trouble and get pulled into multiple sits every time he would get on. Regarding Keegan getting removed, from what I can see the only reason for the removal was that he disagreed with your decision and respectfully expressed how he felt about the situation. River should of never gotten SMT and other members of the SMT team and/or community should of been consulted about the matter. It’s obvious that there is a disconnect between Hotshot and the server, I get that he has a life to attend to but as I said before, if you don’t have the time then why are you still here? Your main focus as a manager should be to better the server and if you see that you don’t have the time to do so maybe leaving that responsibly to someone else is best for the server. 

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

9 hours ago, Igneous said:

I'm going to leave my two cents on here, as I have watched this report get discredited by invalid points, and at this point I feel it necessary to speak up. I've debated heavily with myself whether or not I was going to comment on this report, but given the circumstances and my own personal ethical and moral beliefs, I have decided to share my opinions on the matter. 

I'm first going to ask that for any of you that read this comment, to take a second to actually think about what this report means. As far as I can tell, This report is not a personal attack against hotshot nor is it a witch hunt or a scheme to get back at him. To the best of my ability I can interpret this report as a genuine report where the concerned party is worried about the future of ImperialRP.

I've read the entirety of this report, multiple times, and read every comment on this post, and I myself (obviously) have more experience than anybody else on this matter. With that being said, I fully agree with the report, and I will explain why. For the sake of the length of this reply, I'm not going to comment on everything, just the things that I find to be the most important.

Regarding the Situation with Spectre:

I'm not familiar with the reserves part of this complaint, but what I am familiar with is the fact that Spectre was outed as an alt account of a member with 40 warnings, and only received a temporary staff restriction as a punishment. Many many many different SMT members that I have asked about this situation stated that Spectre should have been blacklisted for that. Its been our policy for years that you simply cannot do that, and we've banned countless others for doing the same thing. Why should Spectres situation be any different? I firmly believe that Hotshots decision to keep Spectre and minimally punish him was a direct result of bias, and should have not happened.

Regarding the situation with Chico:

I read what Hotshot stated about this "Certain ranks don't get access", and that is simply just not true. Hotshot could have given Chico the permission to help him, he just didn't. I have seen this happen countless times where Hotshot has refused help from people who wanted to do more, and for someone who claims to not have any time, he sure does turn down help. I firmly believe that part of the reason there is/was a lack of SMT on ImperialRP is because of this.

Regarding Hotshot Promoting River:

Even if River was doing his job was JMT, I firmly believe that promotion should have never happened. While sometimes people do "slip" through the cracks, there is absolutely no excuse for that in my eyes. It was so blatantly obvious that river was doing sketchy shit, I myself found out about it in literally minutes. River was not properly vetted for that promotion, and I feel that had Hotshot put in a little more time and asked for others opinions, it wouldn't have happened.

Regarding the lack of content/updates:

I more than anybody in this community can understand how hard it may be to get out updates sometimes, as I managed a server alone for over 2 years. However, that is not an acceptable excuse in this scenario. The only acceptable excuse that I could accept is Zeus gaming, but for the months that followed after Zeus gaming? That is unacceptable in my opinion. From what I am told hotshot had opportunities to ask for help, but refused them. Not only that, but especially with something as simple as branch updates and job code. I understand Hotshot stated that it was low priority, but the question I ask then is what was high priority at that time? The report states that basically no updates were done for over 2 months, so if that wasn't high priority then what was? Also regarding the lack of a map additions/removals, Hotshot stated that the reporter has no knowledge of the progress on that. I find that frankly to be straight up BS. If there are broken maps on the server, they should be removed as soon as possible, especially if they break the server beyond repair until restart. Not only that, but the lack of map additions as well? How does that have anything to do with the reporter not being able to see the progress of those tasks. Its common knowledge what maps are/aren't on the server, and they havent been updated in months, so that doesnt make sense.

Regarding Hotshots responsibilities in Real Life:

This is by far the most important rebuttal that Hotshot made, and that others are making in his defense. Nobody in this entire community will fault Hotshot for having a life, having bills to pay, and having shit to take care of. Every single one of us does. That isn't the important part. If Hotshot does not have the time to handle his responsibilities here, then I pose the important question, why would he not resign? If you all are not aware, there was a time in my life where I was in a similar position as Hotshot. I was mostly unavailable, unable to perform updates and duties, and I felt like absolute shit about it. I felt like I was letting my server down, and instead of sticking around for months and months being unavailable, I resigned. That is the mature thing to do. I took an LOA, and when I came back I still found myself unable to perform, and therefore I took it upon myself to leave for the betterment of the server. At this point, this is the thing that bothers me the most. I find it INCREDIBLY disrespectful how Hotshot has continued to let the server go astray while being majorly unavailable to do his tasks. 

I will never fault somebody for what they have to do in real life. But if Hotshot knows, (and has known for months), that he cannot perform his tasks, he should not still be here. He has a responsibility to the server, and to this community, and if he can no longer perform it due to in real life responsibilities, then this should not be dragged out any longer.

Side note, in no way should Hotshot have responded to this report, as I find that incredibly immature and borderline predatory.

Thank you for reading, 

~Igneous.

+Support

I do very much like Hotshot as a person however most of these points brought are not excusable, There has been multiple suggestion up for months that are not some type of large update but instead of responding you decide to delete the post, This is a clear sign of you not bothering to take community feedback and are just slacking off as in the latest few months. You also refuse help when its offered which is weird because you don't do it yourself. The excuse "I don't have enough time" is invalid due to you refusing the help offered to you by "trusted" members of your own staff team. Also the topic of the removal of Keegan, Keegan was a great member of HC but you ignored that you simply decided to refuse most of the points he credited and just removed him. This is a clear sign of you just removing anyone who goes against you. 
At this point if you "don't have the time" please just resign peacefully if you deem yourself uncapable of managing a server which you have in your own points than leave and let others move forward and keep the server thriving.

▞▞▞▞▞▖Retired𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧▝▞▞▞▞▞
◤ Retired: Shock Senior Commander | Eighth Brother