Hotshot - Admin Report

Keegan

Do the views and experiences in this report match your own?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do the views and experiences in this report match your own?

• Yes
    • No

+ Support
      There is no denying the fact that Hotshot is incredibly busy with managing his life. However, I think that the issue here lies soley in the absence of proper action being done by Hotshot. I understand that he holds personal ties with Zeeptin but if life has proven to be too complicated or bustling, perhaps it would be best if you step down because currently sitting on the fence between managing life and a Garry's Mod Server is proven to be doing more harm than good to this community and buisness.
     The claims of the absence of communication from Hotshot to High Command and the Community as a whole, has led to distress and ""Uprisings"" amongst members in this community. Currently there are 5 JMT members of staff and if the number of Management members and those competant enough to know LUA code, has been a genuine concern of yours then why not try to outsource your development team? Or inquire if any of the current FIVE Junior Management members who have been promoted if they have any knowledge of coding. If you promote these people with the intention of eventually making at LEAST ONE of them a member of the SMT team, I think that it would be smarter to actually plan out promotions for those who hold knowledge for lua coding rather than at the last second, lose the very limited supply of "coders" or useful people able to aid you in your quota/updates queue. 

In regards to the arguments of RP influence, he does hold the final say. However the general consensus among former and current High Command is that there is for lack of a better word; too much meddling going on from the side of Hotshot. From what I have gathered the current High Command Team feels like they are not trusted with completing all of their duties.  I cannot speak on the topic of biases however. 

It is my belief that changes do need to be made regardless, In no way is any of the points I am making a personal attack to Hotshot himself, through limited conversation I have had with him I think that he is just a regular person. 

• Thanks 1

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █   The Antagonist of GamingLight   █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

1 hour ago, Mr.E said:

+Support
As a long term Gaminglight Imperial Roleplayer, I have enjoyed this server a lot, it always brings me back - This is only after an update has come out, they are so rare that it is difficult for me to enjoy and stay on the server long term especially if I do not join staff or GM. The community that has grown on this server is a fun and enthusiastic one, it is very enticing to get on the server with the player base but Hotshots appalling management skills dissuade me from deciding to hop on sometimes, I constantly hear hotshot has done such and such, and its never anything anyone likes, he constantly meddles with roleplay decisions whilst not being active with his community he is completely disconnected from anything roleplay related, only when his friends come crying to him does he ever get involved always waiting till a boiling point where command members are at each others throats to do anything, it is disheartening to see that such a good community has been left in the hands of such a nonchalant manager with no drive, no passion, no nothing. I speak to many people from this server daily and it's constantly negative!

Furthermore, Hotshot had a discussion with a few members of the server about updates, promising updates will be coming, but to no avail, I know many community members even friends who have left because they are bored, they've done everything, there's nothing new - no updates. I am grateful Keegan has done this, as said in his report, people need to see how he acts and deals with situations, many people think Hotshot is this standup awesome person, which he could be but instead he decides to only further his friends enjoyment on the server Via Corrupt decisions, such as random mass promotions which no one would agree with and dissuading innovative ideas Command and High Command members have come up with.

Whilst a punishment is in order, Hotshot should begin to realise that people are done with how he is managing, change is what we need, not what we want... But need, if you are burnt out let someone take your place, don't bring the server down with you because you can't be bothered to manage it, even recently Zeeptin has brought back beckett, Nimo and Apple from Zeusgaming to help with the low number of management. So please step it up, stop plastering lies all over the place, that will only temporarily solve an issue till it pops back up.  

Please I beg!

While the timing of this being posted is shortly after Keegan's removal, I highly doubt that he is grabbing at trying to get his rank back (as I have seen multiple individuals post). 

If there is anything I have learned during my time on this server, it is that bias plays an extreme role in high command (although I am sure some would deny it). There is evidence in Keegan's post here of direct favoritism towards individuals, completely overstepping the wishes of others. While yes as Manager/Emperor he does hold this power, I do beg the question, why can any one individual have complete control over a community of players?

The removal of reserves is an absolute atrocity in my opinion. Many people have earned their right to those positions, putting in countless hours of work and time into the community, only to have something they earned stripped away simply because someone doesn't like how long a list is (ctrl+F exists, it's really easy to just search through an excel sheet). The removal of these reserves from players who have earned them is just ridiculous.

Also many of these updates that will encourage retention of players seem to just be on the back burner, lost in a mess of work. I understand, we all have lives outside of this community, but at the same time, this community is somewhat similar to a business. Think of the players as a clientele, staff team as the employees. It is a staff's member job to keep the clientele happy, in order to retain their business. While the server was hitting peak numbers in past months, it does need to be considered the timing (holiday break) and the circumstances (still in the midst of a pandemic), what happens when these circumstances change? If updates aren't pushed out frequently enough, we will see drops in player counts.

As someone who has spoken to Hotshot before, I do not think he is a bad person whatsoever. These are just my beliefs on the state of mismanagement of expected responsibilities and duties.

• Like 1

+ support 

Nova been needing an Update for quite some time now and every chance myself and Starch as done to get this Update rolling given that we need a Price estament for the update to get rolling  Hotshot just forgets about it acts like we don't matter or just couldn't be bother with us.  Nova needs this update yet Hotshot cant even be Bothered to Give us a Price on how much the Update will be????? cool. 

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

+support
I would say if someone can't put the time into something, such as a management position, than they should put people in place they know can run the server as good as they can or better and than step down until you can get the time back. As trying to force something to work that isn't, will eventually end in ruin. I'm sure your an AMAZING manager but you also seem to have some issues with wording as well communication issues with command which has proven troublesome. But as well some arguments against hotshot aren't valid due to rebuttals or people speaking out to correct the misinformation. This is mostly from uneducated eyes and I purely know this info from this post, so yea.

Edited by Jack (utility one)

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+Support

As General and Grand General working with Hotshot was difficult, as he was extremely hard to get a hold of since most of his available time was spent in his TS office. It was a 50/50 that I’d get a response from him  on teamspeak and impossible to get one on discord. This wouldn’t have been a problem if there weren’t systems set in place that required me to contact him such as when he required AHC to pass every VCMDR+ promo by him before doing it. The problem with that is pretty obvious.

On the staff side of things there was one time where I had banned a donator for MRDMing a majority of Shock during an off-ship event, and I was almost demoted because afterwards they ended up charging back, which isn’t something I can control or predict. 

On the dev side of things I feel like this has been a consistent issue with the server not receiving good developer support. If the problem is Hotshot not having enough time due to IRL shit going on then I don’t see why he’s still around, or why development isn’t getting assistance either through outsourcing to freelance devs or from other SMT. 

• Like 2

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

Just now, Igneous said:

I'm going to leave my two cents on here, as I have watched this report get discredited by invalid points, and at this point I feel it necessary to speak up. I've debated heavily with myself whether or not I was going to comment on this report, but given the circumstances and my own personal ethical and moral beliefs, I have decided to share my opinions on the matter. 

I'm first going to ask that for any of you that read this comment, to take a second to actually think about what this report means. As far as I can tell, This report is not a personal attack against hotshot nor is it a witch hunt or a scheme to get back at him. To the best of my ability I can interpret this report as a genuine report where the concerned party is worried about the future of ImperialRP.

I've read the entirety of this report, multiple times, and read every comment on this post, and I myself (obviously) have more experience than anybody else on this matter. With that being said, I fully agree with the report, and I will explain why. For the sake of the length of this reply, I'm not going to comment on everything, just the things that I find to be the most important.

Regarding the Situation with Spectre:

I'm not familiar with the reserves part of this complaint, but what I am familiar with is the fact that Spectre was outed as an alt account of a member with 40 warnings, and only received a temporary staff restriction as a punishment. Many many many different SMT members that I have asked about this situation stated that Spectre should have been blacklisted for that. Its been our policy for years that you simply cannot do that, and we've banned countless others for doing the same thing. Why should Spectres situation be any different? I firmly believe that Hotshots decision to keep Spectre and minimally punish him was a direct result of bias, and should have not happened.

Regarding the situation with Chico:

I read what Hotshot stated about this "Certain ranks don't get access", and that is simply just not true. Hotshot could have given Chico the permission to help him, he just didn't. I have seen this happen countless times where Hotshot has refused help from people who wanted to do more, and for someone who claims to not have any time, he sure does turn down help. 

Regarding Hotshot Promoting River:

Even if River was doing his job was JMT, I firmly believe that promotion should have never happened. While sometimes people do "slip" through the cracks, there is absolutely no excuse for that in my eyes. It was so blatantly obvious that river was doing sketchy shit, I myself found out about it in literally minutes. River was not properly vetted for that promotion, and I feel that had Hotshot put in a little more time and asked for others opinions, it wouldn't have happened.

Regarding the lack of content/updates:

I more than anybody in this community can understand how hard it may be to get out updates sometimes, as I managed a server alone for over 2 years. However, that is not an acceptable excuse in this scenario. The only acceptable excuse that I could accept is Zeus gaming, but for the months that followed after Zeus gaming? That is unacceptable in my opinion. From what I am told hotshot had opportunities to ask for help, but refused them. Not only that, but especially with something as simple as branch updates and job code. I understand Hotshot stated that it was low priority, but the question I ask then is what was high priority at that time? The report states that basically no updates were done for over 2 months, so if that wasn't high priority then what was? Also regarding the lack of a map additions/removals, Hotshot stated that the reporter has no knowledge of the progress on that. I find that frankly to be straight up BS. If there are broken maps on the server, they should be removed as soon as possible, especially if they break the server beyond repair until restart. Not only that, but the lack of map additions as well? How does that have anything to do with the reporter not being able to see the progress of those tasks. Its common knowledge what maps are/aren't on the server, and they havent been updated in months, so that doesnt make sense.

Regarding Hotshots responsibilities in Real Life:

This is by far the most important rebuttal that Hotshot made, and that others are making in his defense. Nobody in this entire community will fault Hotshot for having a life, having bills to pay, and having shit to take care of. Every single one of us does. That isn't the important part. If Hotshot does not have the time to handle his responsibilities here, then I pose the important question, why would he not resign? If you all are not aware, there was a time in my life where I was in a similar position as Hotshot. I was mostly unavailable, unable to perform updates and duties, and I felt like absolute shit about it. I felt like I was letting my server down, and instead of sticking around for months and months being unavailable, I resigned. That is the mature thing to do. I took an LOA, and when I came back I still found myself unable to perform, and therefore I took it upon myself to leave for the betterment of the server. At this point, this is the thing that bothers me the most. I find it INCREDIBLY disrespectful how Hotshot has continued to let the server go astray while being majorly unavailable to do his tasks. 

I will never fault somebody for what they have to do in real life. But if Hotshot knows, (and has known for months), that he cannot perform his tasks, he should not still be here. He has a responsibility to the server, and to this community, and if he can no longer perform it due to in real life responsibilities, then this should not be dragged out any longer.

Thank you for reading, 

~Igneous.

+support

Edited by enuz 💣

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

1 hour ago, caps said:

+ Support
      There is no denying the fact that Hotshot is incredibly busy with managing his life. However, I think that the issue here lies soley in the absence of proper action being done by Hotshot. I understand that he holds personal ties with Zeeptin but if life has proven to be too complicated or bustling, perhaps it would be best if you step down because currently sitting on the fence between managing life and a Garry's Mod Server is proven to be doing more harm than good to this community and buisness.
     The claims of the absence of communication from Hotshot to High Command and the Community as a whole, has led to distress and ""Uprisings"" amongst members in this community. Currently there are 5 JMT members of staff and if the number of Management members and those competant enough to know LUA code, has been a genuine concern of yours then why not try to outsource your development team? Or inquire if any of the current FIVE Junior Management members who have been promoted if they have any knowledge of coding. If you promote these people with the intention of eventually making at LEAST ONE of them a member of the SMT team, I think that it would be smarter to actually plan out promotions for those who hold knowledge for lua coding rather than at the last second, lose the very limited supply of "coders" or useful people able to aid you in your quota/updates queue. 

In regards to the arguments of RP influence, he does hold the final say. However the general consensus among former and current High Command is that there is for lack of a better word; too much meddling going on from the side of Hotshot. From what I have gathered the current High Command Team feels like they are not trusted with completing all of their duties.  I cannot speak on the topic of biases however. 

It is my belief that changes do need to be made regardless, In no way is any of the points I am making a personal attack to Hotshot himself, through limited conversation I have had with him I think that he is just a regular person. 

14 minutes ago, Igneous said:

I'm going to leave my two cents on here, as I have watched this report get discredited by invalid points, and at this point I feel it necessary to speak up. I've debated heavily with myself whether or not I was going to comment on this report, but given the circumstances and my own personal ethical and moral beliefs, I have decided to share my opinions on the matter. 

I'm first going to ask that for any of you that read this comment, to take a second to actually think about what this report means. As far as I can tell, This report is not a personal attack against hotshot nor is it a witch hunt or a scheme to get back at him. To the best of my ability I can interpret this report as a genuine report where the concerned party is worried about the future of ImperialRP.

I've read the entirety of this report, multiple times, and read every comment on this post, and I myself (obviously) have more experience than anybody else on this matter. With that being said, I fully agree with the report, and I will explain why. For the sake of the length of this reply, I'm not going to comment on everything, just the things that I find to be the most important.

I'm not familiar with the reserves part of this complaint, but what I am familiar with is the fact that Spectre was outed as an alt account of a member with 40 warnings, and only received a temporary staff restriction as a punishment. Many many many different SMT members that I have asked about this situation stated that Spectre should have been blacklisted for that. Its been our policy for years that you simply cannot do that, and we've banned countless others for doing the same thing. Why should Spectres situation be any different? I firmly believe that Hotshots decision to keep Spectre and minimally punish him was a direct result of bias, and should have not happened.

I read what Hotshot stated about this "Certain ranks don't get access", and that is simply just not true. Hotshot could have given Chico the permission to help him, he just didn't. I have seen this happen countless times where Hotshot has refused help from people who wanted to do more, and for someone who claims to not have any time, he sure does turn down help. 

Even if River was doing his job was JMT, I firmly believe that promotion should have never happened. While sometimes people do "slip" through the cracks, there is absolutely no excuse for that in my eyes. It was so blatantly obvious that river was doing sketchy shit, I myself found out about it in literally minutes. River was not properly vetted for that promotion, and I feel that had Hotshot put in a little more time and asked for others opinions, it wouldn't have happened.

I more than anybody in this community can understand how hard it may be to get out updates sometimes, as I managed a server alone for over 2 years. However, that is not an acceptable excuse in this scenario. The only acceptable excuse that I could accept is Zeus gaming, but for the months that followed after Zeus gaming? That is unacceptable in my opinion. From what I am told hotshot had opportunities to ask for help, but refused them. Not only that, but especially with something as simple as branch updates and job code. I understand Hotshot stated that it was low priority, but the question I ask then is what was high priority at that time? The report states that basically no updates were done for over 2 months, so if that wasn't high priority then what was? Also regarding the lack of a map additions/removals, Hotshot stated that the reporter has no knowledge of the progress on that. I find that frankly to be straight up BS. If there are broken maps on the server, they should be removed as soon as possible, especially if they break the server beyond repair until restart. Not only that, but the lack of map additions as well? How does that have anything to do with the reporter not being able to see the progress of those tasks. Its common knowledge what maps are/aren't on the server, and they havent been updated in months, so that doesnt make sense.

This is by far the most important rebuttal that Hotshot made, and that others are making in his defense. Nobody in this entire community will fault Hotshot for having a life, having bills to pay, and having shit to take care of. Every single one of us does. That isn't the important part. If Hotshot does not have the time to handle his responsibilities here, then I pose the important question, why would he not resign? If you all are not aware, there was a time in my life where I was in a similar position as Hotshot. I was mostly unavailable, unable to perform updates and duties, and I felt like absolute shit about it. I felt like I was letting my server down, and instead of sticking around for months and months being unavailable, I resigned. That is the mature thing to do. I took an LOA, and when I came back I still found myself unable to perform, and therefore I took it upon myself to leave for the betterment of the server. At this point, this is the thing that bothers me the most. I find it INCREDIBLY disrespectful how Hotshot has continued to let the server go astray while being majorly unavailable to do his tasks. 

I will never fault somebody for what they have to do in real life. But if Hotshot knows, (and has known for months), that he cannot perform his tasks, he should not still be here. He has a responsibility to the server, and to this community, and if he can no longer perform it due to in real life responsibilities, then this should not be dragged out any longer.

Side note, in no way should Hotshot have responded to this report, as I find that incredibly immature and borderline predatory.

Thank you for reading, 

~Igneous.

13 minutes ago, Chico said:

+Support

You say that certain ranks don't get this privileges yet Emoo was given access to Gitlab for these updates.

I was extremely excited and motivated to work alongside you, however, I was turned away at almost every point. My opinions as a HoS didn't matter to you at all. I was your only SMT member and I tried my best to assist you, but due to me not getting any of these privilege's that other HoS had, I couldn't do anything to help with updates.

I was the HGM (Event Team Lead) and JMT of the time when I suggested a multitude of updates that would better assist event quality. The updates would include

- New map rotation.
- Different tools.

All of which you said would be in soon, and yet even after I retired from being HoS they have not been implemented into the server.

On the note of how slow updates are implemented, your response time was horrendous. I do understand timezone differences, however, when there is something that is important, and I don't get a response, it is hard to do my job as the HoS, especially with no other SMT.

There is always excuses, you say you don't have management so you can't do something but you're not attempting to fix this situation. Almost everything that requires a swift response to, you delay, and you delay it heavily.

Just because the shock documents were replaced due to copies made by high command does not mean that there should be public documents still tied to GL with mein kampf translated. High command members pinged you on several occasions in attempt to revert these documents that STILL haven't been fixed.

In terms of the new SMT being chosen, I was never consulted with despite being the HoS, I would've liked if my opinion was considered in the slightest. "This isn't really Hotshot fault, whenever someone is moved up to SMT it is talked between almost all of the SMT team and Zeeptin." - Emoo

There is a huge issue within management and it must be rectified before the hit in both management, RP, and player count continues.

If you are going to be + or - supporting this topic, please read ALL of the points that are made. Don't take one point that you disagree on and disregard the entirety of the report because of it. There have been many faults that have been shown here, many that are inexcusable. For those of you who are viewing this topic and yet are too scared to comment on it, don't be. You will not be punished in any way for speaking your mind and how you feel. 

I think they said it all well. The fact they can list everything so clearly and even having evidence for some things shows just how bad it has gotten.
Sincerely the one and only Poppy.

• Head of Staff

+Support
There are several things I would like to address, the first of which being the River situation. At the time it was very commonly known that River had many issues, and I believe it was extremely irresponsible for him to be picked for SMT without being properly vetted, and without consulting with Chico. 

Another point is the situation with Spectre. There was unprecedented public outcry from the community on the report on Spectre, he had broken one of the rules that everyone knew always lead to a permanent ban, yet he was let off with just a temporary staff restriction. I believe this was the first in a series of incidents regarding Spectre that showed bias. Spectre was continuously let off with little to no punishment in situations brought up in other responses to this post that I believe any other person that is not in the favor of management would have been banned for.

A very concerning situation recently was the sudden removal of dozens of community members reserves. I woke up and saw that the roster of my battalion was stripped of reserves of many people who I had spent time with rising through the ranks with, who very clearly deserved reserves for their contributions. It is shocking that they had the reward for their hard work revoked for such an arbitrary reason as "there isnt a note."

I understand having an internet issue right around Christmas time and I cannot fault you for that, however what is shocking is that there have only been 2 total updates made by Hotshot to ImperialRP in the past 2 months. The other 3 managers have been seen to do triple that amount of updates in a single day. I wholeheartedly believe that the lack of updates and new content is part of the reason why our server ranking has dropped in the past month.

I understand having outside obligations, real life comes first. However, I believe something must be done if more time and attention cannot be dedicated to the server.

Lastly, I want to address behavior on this thread. Soon after this report was posted I began to see arguments start, and following standard Forum Diplomat Protocol, I posted a warning stating that "Arguing is prohibited, and continued posts that are not +Supports or -Supports will be hidden and forums warnings will be distributed." Following this, Hotshot replied to multiple comments, which is concerning because if any other person did this, their comments would be hidden and they would be punished. I find it fairly concerning that someone so high up in the staff team showed little to no regard to our forum rules and protocol. I think it is reprehensible that so many of Hotshots friends are blatantly disrespecting Keegan for making this report. He clearly put a lot of time and thought into this post and it shows how concerned he is for the server.

I was initially worried to post my opinions on this due to potential backlash in my RP and Staff careers. Please note that these are simply my opinions that I am stating out of severe concern for the future of this community, and are in no way meant to be a personal attack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

49 minutes ago, Igneous said:

Side note, in no way should Hotshot have responded to this report, as I find that incredibly immature and borderline predatory.

Thank you for reading, 

~Igneous.

After viewing the post, I originally was crossed between a +/- support.

Although I've only had a few encounters on Imperial RP, I've always sensed the issues that occured on the server. I've seen a lack of communication, unfair judgement on situations and overall poor performance. 

I'm not entirely sure about the performance of updates, however I believe if you're unable to produce updates and put in effort towards the server, let someone else who's willing to step up do it.

I believe this post was needed for the future of imperialrp.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

+Support

i agree with most of the other + support comments and i dont believe that keegan did this for any other reason than him trying to help the server. The amount of effort he put into this even after being removed shows how much he truly cares for the server, most people would probably just leave when getting removed, but keegan still care for the server even after being removed.

I myself has had periods where it has felt like the server was beginning to get quite bland,i have seen people who worked their way up through the ranks leave the entire server due to them getting bored by the lack of updates, i know that internet problems are not something that an individuall has power over, but many of our current suggestions has been up for extreme amounts of time. 

note: I was also scared of my staff rank and rp rank being affected by me posting my opinion, but i still felt like i needed to post it as i do care a lot about both the community and the server, this is in no way meant personally against Hotshot, it is just my opinion 

Former Grand Admiral Thrawn and the only High Sovereign ever

457598046_gifgit(2).gif.5e63b70d588d20f44f10999c710e83e0.gif

+support

I was at the start scared to make this post. After all the person i looked up to eventually would be hotshot, as personally i have seen the reports, i feel that hotshot did some stuff that should not have been done, and im sorry. But i have to agree on what Keegan is saying, especially the part where you are been biased about promoting specter to commodore. As he disrespected me as a command member and was told to not say anything about it. Im done with this and like JMT said above me this had to be made. For the feature of IMP, we needed to make this. And i personally feel attacked as when some stuff came, and some people were told that they could not agree with you? like why is that a thing??? the point of been HC and even staff it's so you can express yourself and what you want your opinion to be! this is a community!!! 

Side point- I understand that having outside life things has interrupted with one's activity, even me personally had to leave the rank of vice Marshall at one point as i had IRL stuff to deal with, but key word is i left. if i can't help the people but in a way make them be punished due to my activity then that's the key to get out, as many people have had to leave due to their activity not been fit.

and i like this part that frog points out

23 minutes ago, A Frog said:

Another point is the situation with Spectre. There was unprecedented public outcry from the community on the report on Spectre, he had broken one of the rules that everyone knew always lead to a permanent ban, yet he was let off with just a temporary staff restriction. I believe this was the first in a series of incidents regarding Spectre that showed bias. Spectre was continuously let off with little to no punishment in situations brought up in other responses to this post that I believe any other person that is not in the favor of management would have been banned for.

A very concerning situation recently was the sudden removal of dozens of community members reserves. I woke up and saw that the roster of my battalion was stripped of reserves of many people who I had spent time with rising through the ranks with, who very clearly deserved reserves for their contributions. It is shocking that they had the reward for their hard work revoked for such an arbitrary reason as "there isnt a note."

These points make it clear about what specter has done. and personally, me as a lawyer i have gone into the points and used a term used in law firm as "outside information of tactical view" this meaning is refired to when you are trying to look at a case from the outside. Where people dont agree of the veridic of something and i still conquered with them that in a way hotshot did bad things, and they cant be unseen. 

Again hotshot, im sorry but this is my opinion.

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

24 minutes ago, Reddington said:

+Support

i agree with most of the other + support comments and i dont believe that keegan did this for any other reason than him trying to help the server. The amount of effort he put into this even after being removed shows how much he truly cares for the server, most people would probably just leave when getting removed, but keegan still care for the server even after being removed.

I myself has had periods where it has felt like the server was beginning to get quite bland,i have seen people who worked their way up through the ranks leave the entire server due to them getting bored by the lack of updates, i know that internet problems are not something that an individuall has power over, but many of our current suggestions has been up for extreme amounts of time. 

note: I was also scared of my staff rank and rp rank being affected by me posting my opinion, but i still felt like i needed to post it as i do care a lot about both the community and the server, this is in no way meant personally against Hotshot, it is just my opinion 

Same Here I didnt want to say anything cause i was scared man 

+ Support

Edited by Julien

Ex-Sovereign Kile Hannad / Julien 

1 hour ago, Igneous said:

I read what Hotshot stated about this "Certain ranks don't get access", and that is simply just not true. Hotshot could have given Chico the permission to help him, he just didn't. I have seen this happen countless times where Hotshot has refused help from people who wanted to do more, and for someone who claims to not have any time, he sure does turn down help. I firmly believe that part of the reason there is/was a lack of SMT on ImperialRP is because of this.

Thank you for reading, 

~Igneous.

+Support sorry chief

[IMPERIAL RP]

Retired Purge Senior Commander Ghost.

Current Purge Commander Ghost

5 hours ago, KitChan said:

-Support

"Failing to communicate with High Command and showing SEVERE bias:

After a user by the name of Spectre went into reserves, Hotshot went on roster and promoted the reserves he was given by High Command, failing to communicate with any HC regarding the matter (I have asked both High Admiral Joe and then-Fleet Admiral Odin about the matter, neither said Hotshot communicated with them regarding this). This is troubling given Hotshot’s clear leniency to Spectre in the past with the Assault report, and shows a clear bias and failure to care about the decisions of HC. Further showing Hotshot’s obscene bias, when Spectre did a ARDMx5 and got banned by SMT Lucifer, Hotshot made Nimo remove the valid ban. Hotshot also did not care when Spectre was caught using blogs to view in-game High Command team chat."

There's been problems going on around the server which HotShot had to get involved in, stating that High command has been everywhere at that current time. If a Vice Admiral gets reserves then they will get the Rank of Commodore, which what I am stating is that it was kinda unfair for Spectre at that time to get captain so hotshot stepped in, and with everyone attacking spectre I would see why HotShot would be kinder to him, as almost everyone has something out for him. To also say HotShot is a very busy man, he has a lot to do everyday and it's High command and Senior High commands job to keep the Docs clean from any type of Racism and or anything, so it wasn't his problem/fault for these rogue Vice commanders. Saying that HotShot was the problem wouldnt fully help as it's kinda breaking COC you should of just contacted someone else other than just going straight to him at that current time, with there being no excuse for breaking COC I don't see any problem for what ur trying to say about HotShot.

To add on, you might be upset that they removed you, but that doesn't give you the full right to try and remove HotShot from he position as manager, and opinions can be made but just doing this to try and remove someone will definitely not get ur rank back. To put out there HotShot does his best to keep this server alive by picking the right people for the team, as he is the manager he has the full right to pick who is proper for this High command, and HotShot did say "You may not like the decisions we make" and you didn't so they made the choice even if they were his friends it doesn't matter, favoritism plays a big factor on this server, it's horrible here and Beckett and HotShot don't play favorites, they do what needs to be done without any complaints.

So in this case you see Kitchan (Kitty if your his friend) is saying that if someone owns a document they aren’t responsible for giving edit access. He’s also saying to never break COC but if you don’t like a choice HC made just talk to your buddy Hotshot and he’ll kill the idea with a rusty screwdriver. You’ll notice it’s a common theme on ImperialRP that if Hotshot doesn’t want something or doesn’t want to do something he’ll just push it off to someone else or ignore the problem the process can take weeks. I would like to point out Hotshot favorited you Kitchan in staff even though you did next to nothing. 

5 hours ago, [GL] Alec said:

-Support

As someone who talks to hotshot daily and I KNOW FOR A FACT how busy he is such as working a FULL time job and with school. You say he didn't respond to you about the document with the racist shit but you are fully capable of making a new document to replace that one, it sounds to me you were to lazy to do so (which being a former manager and command member on a GL server I know making documents come with being in that position) so I don't really know why you didn't just.....make a new one like anyone else would have done. Seeing that you have just been removed I also feel that you are biased in your opinion of the way hotshot runs his server because of that, imperial wouldn't be in the position it is today without hotshot running it, I know this because I have managed servers with him in the past and he is definitely a higher caliber manager than I ever was lol. You say that he tells everyone that they are replaceable which I couldn't agree with more....the fact that you think that you or anyone else in a GARRYS MOD SERVER are irreplaceable just shows how childish you are and I understand why you got removed my dude.

So Alec before you say your staff restricted you aren’t or else you wouldn’t have the retired staff tag. (Might be a mistake I dunno.) Also I’m not sure if you meant to insult yourself by saying “Hotshot is a better manager than me” but harsh in my opinion I’m sure you pushed out more than two updates in a quarter of a year. 

5 hours ago, Psyche said:

-Support

• Hotshot is a very hard worker and is very busy, so you can't blame him for sometimes not wanting to deal with server shit
  • The document you provided could've been easily replaced if you actually did YOUR job as a High Command member
  • Hotshot can't see the future 🙃
  • Hotshot added back Spectre's reserves because from VA is a 2 rank demotion for reserves, and also the Assault situation is non-valid. Your whole reasoning for it is very biased full of bullshit lmao
  • This report right here is basically your "revenge" for being removed from High Command for arguing with SMT and starting problems
  • With this report you're also starting even more problems

Ok so Pysche, I don’t think he had a problem with Spectre receiving reserves I think what matter is he resigned after being striked twice also Spectre shouldn’t be allowed on the server he’s alting. 

4 hours ago, Hotshot said:

Documents are invalid as we don't use those anymore.

As the Manager and the Emperor I am able to change someone's reserves when I believe they are needing changing, I told Spectre when he asked to go into reserves I would make him a Commodore for the work he has done into Naval and for the server. The reason the situation was handled different when he was banned is because he was a Staff Member and was dealt with on staff and I have a policy where we do not ban staff members which was all handled by my Head of Staff at the time.

Certain ranks do not get access to certain things I'm afraid.

River did what he was required off when he was in JMT which is why he was moved up, the whole situation after that was being resolved in a investigation lead by me and Zeeptin.

IC Models are not the highest of priority's right now, but are still in the plans of being added within the next server content optimisations which took an overall delay when I lost majority of my SMT team to Zeus Gaming.

The whole Christmas update with models and items for Christmas would of been implemented but couldn't as I was having major internet provider issues which was out of my control and when it got fixed and resolved it was around the 27th/28th of December (after Christmas) which I just cancelled it at this point.

You cant see any visible movement as you are not Senior Management and don't have access to dates on when we implement things.

Little job edits like this head to the bottom of the priority list based on the level of importance of other updates for the server and community planned over suggestions. 

Other servers have a fully operation SMT team where the Managers are just able to spend time making updates daily, sadly I am not one of those, I have bills to pay, I have a job which I have to go to and make money so I am able to pay the bills in order to be able to come and help Gaminglight out in my spare time with helping Zeeptin make this community better daily where ever I can by offering what I can with the time I have to help, I have spent sleepless nights getting this server to where it is today in being one of the most successfully ImperialRP servers across the Star Wars section of Garry's Mod. 

Listen I know updates are slow and all I can do is apologies based on the current situations which have been going on with Christmas and New Years happening, losing a lot of my SMT due to our other community Zues Gaming, which took a major hit on most operations on and off the server, which we are slowly recovering from this and as someone who is in full time education and work I only have a certain amount of time which I can spending physically making updates and running the whole entire server by my self when I was having no SMT. Me and Beckett have a lot of things planned for the server now that he is back and we can fully work together again with Nimo in order to catch up on missing updates.

What’s up Hotshot?

So I wanna point some things out about these let’s call them excuses. 
1. Let’s talk Spectre I can name 2 things he did for Naval which was lie to his High Command and never interact with them. He should be blacklisted and you know that. 

2. Emoo had access to do updates also you had a semi full SMT team you could have easily taught Chico you were just lazy. 

3. River copy and pasted every document he made and also had several standing reports on him (I know cause I reported him.) I guess he emulated you in his work ethic, lazy and uninterested.

4. Again your just lazy. Tell Nimo to do it if it’s below you then.

5. Fair point but explain the 2 months leading up to that time where you put in minimal effort. Also you had 3 SMT at the time you only lost Nimo and Beckett that was it. You had 3 perfectly viable SMT members who were left in the dark then decided to leave because there was no point in staying. 

6. Actually a small amount of the community does have that Information. For those who are unaware there is a channel in the Premier discord (you have to spend $500+ to get in) where it actually shows all the gitlab updates that are pushed and who pushed them.

7. What is the priority list and why don’t you just express when things will get done instead of just leaving everyone in the dark. 

8. If you don’t have time resign then. I did it Igneous did it why don’t you, this is the exact situation where you should be thinking to yourself “Man I’m letting everyone down I should take the dignity I have and resign before this becomes a problem.” But no your so stuck in you ways and stubborn you decided to let the server keep suffering. 

9. Just let it go this server was running fine in your un-defined absence and it’s probably going to be in better hands if you leave now. There is literally a golden opportunity for you to leave right now. 

Listen all in all I can just say that without a doubt this report is probably one of the more reasonable things to happen in order for the server to progress. I can share with you some things that have happened since I left. I did some mild trolling nothing to get up in arms about but I do regret how I handled the River situation, now I’m not saying I was absolutely wrong in my actions but due to me being intoxicated I may have lost my inhibitions for thinking before acting (something Hotshot knows about.) We are people we make mistakes but because of my actions I was staff restricted I didn’t care I would never staff again but then I was removed from my reserves (I did have a note so whatever that bs was about was probably a cover up.) I spent hours of my life trying to make the server a fun place to be on I suggested things and interacted with people and did my absolute best to make sure everyone was having as much fun as me. I ran into one issue where someone in the same position as me (River) was using his status to manipulate people around him I tell SMT, “Hotshot hasn’t responded yet.” I run into another issue where I find out a member of the staff team and community has been ALT accounting and manipulating those around him I go to SMT “Hotshot is looking into it.” I make a report on the forums because I am inpatient with the timing Hotshot gives them a slap on the wrist. Ok so finally there is the assistant Head Gamemaster going around bad mouthing me behind my back I go to Chico (he wasn’t trained properly so he has no idea what he can do) I decide to go to Hotshot, silence then following that person is promoted in RP and River goes to SMT. If Hotshot is so in touch with the community how does he not realize that these problems are happening so much so he goes and basically ignores them and goes against the wishes of most of the community? 

+Support change needs to happen or this server will continue to sink deeper and deeper.

I would also like to point out that I could have easily done much worse things. I have/had edit access to alot GL documents and even has super admin tags in the Teamspeak. Until recently I had support tags in discord. Did I abuse that stuff? No you know why? Cause I care about the community also I couldn’t be bothered but again since I touched a nerve with Hotshot I was diss credited like Keegan regardless of how much I did. 

Secondary +Support

• Thanks 1

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

-Support

I cant +support this because personally I have truly never experienced some of the claims made against Hotshot.

regarding Spectre: Spectre did a lot of awful things… things you normally get banned for, so I were just A BIT surprised to see that he didnt really get punished for the many things he did wrong such as: Using alt, being very disrespectful and rude.

Regarding Hotshot not doing roster work and document work: I honestly dont really feel/think that this is up to Hotshot to do so, I believe this is the work of High Command, however I can understand the frustration which some migt have had, if he were the only one with acces to something and he didnt share that/worked  on it, however I dont think its too bad.

I do think some of the comments might bear slight biased opinions, but to be honest, it can be really difficult to remain unbiased, I mean, even if you think you might be biased, you could still go around and give certain groups a special set of benefits.

Regarding Hotshot being lazy/not available when needed: I think that Hotshot is a genuine busy guy who puts a lot fo work into the server as a whole but also has a loving family to take care of, I dont think he mean to be hard to getting touch with by reason.

Regarding Rivers promotion: Maybe the promotion occured a bit early but, River has done a lot of great work on the server. He were always there to help and assist people when they needed it, and during downtime he would always attempt to keep the server up and running with fun for the people on.

Overall I dont feel like Hotshot deserves any punishment, the guy has active tried to improve the server and actively promoted lower staff ranks because of a major need of JMT+ because they switched to the DarkRP server and some of them just resigned.

• Laughing 4

| Ex DT S06/DT CPT DK0 | Ex 501st ARC JTL 3010 COL Gustav | EU 

+Support Ik we should have plus or Minus support but the only thing is here to do is speak on This “TBH I was scared to comment cause I was afraid of effecting my Staff rank since before I’ve said before almost being in staff for a year and I love being part of administration.” TBH the first time I’ve spoke with hotshot he is a pretty cool dude to me. But hearing Keegan got removed for standing up for imperial RP players about the  as some say the “purge of the Roster” . I can’t speak up on the points of what HC or JMT and SMT have to deal with cause IDK and it’s not my place for me to talk on it.

on the thing Keegan mention about IC these models have been in the works since bear was boss of IC  or as everyone knows him now as “High General bear” almost a year now that the models were being worked on little by little and getting prepared these models were supposed to drop on our Christmas sale for imperial RP never happens I understand the internet issue part. And I don’t blame him for having to push IC models back. Due to problems but it’s kinda getting ridiculous we have had almost two new bosses since the models have been in the works. “Joker” Them me as boss . I have always wanted the best for IC and I feel as if I need to mention something about it. I want nothing but the best for them but so things got to change tbh. Or we are gonna lose a lot of players but 

(this is in no way a attack on hotshot i am giving my points on the IC part that was mentioned)

(Again I was scared to talk on the matter cause I don’t wanna affect my rank in staff or in RP but I love this server to much to see it go to shit)

Which I don’t think it will 

I feel as if hotshot can improve cause to be honest  only thing I was ever mad with him about was the models 

I wanted to come back to this and add some more things. I have tired my best to do for IC to make them the best of the best to follow in bears footprints these models were so looked forward to by all IC and it tbh pissed me off when we didn’t get them. I have so much respect for you Hotshot I really do but from stuff I hear from time to time it kinda dose make me feel like IC never gets treated highly like other battalions I feel like we are at a struggle point sometimes. 

and as of Keegan being removed for sticking up for everyone who has reserves so they wouldn’t lose it it’s kind of strange.

keegan has done so much to help the community. He wants nothing but the best for everyone but I feel as id anyone speaks up they fear for there rank or staff rank if they are in staff. But no hate my man believe me 

Edited by benjacobs034

-IC CMDR 1138 Boss -Senior Admin  -Senior Gamemaster 

+support

Sorry hotshot but I gotta do it to you so please don’t hate me. The server needs updates and SMTs that actually know what to do. Sorry to my friends who -supported this but this server’s rank has been slowly going down each week. I know you got a lot of responsibilities but if you can’t  update the small simple requests, than I really don’t what community will do with you. I feel like Keegan puts out some persuading points. Again, I’m sorry and to those who support Hotshot, I would too but I’m driven away by these points. Not biased just persuaded. 

Sincerly, COL ID10 Gold Roger/ Ceaser / Gareek 🙂

Guy that used to play Starwars RP: Ceaser/Gold Roger

Former IF VCMDR

FormerGideon Hask

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Igneous said:

I read what Hotshot stated about this "Certain ranks don't get access", and that is simply just not true. Hotshot could have given Chico the permission to help him, he just didn't. I have seen this happen countless times where Hotshot has refused help from people who wanted to do more, and for someone who claims to not have any time, he sure does turn down help. I firmly believe that part of the reason there is/was a lack of SMT on ImperialRP is because of this.

Thank you for reading, 

~Igneous.

Very well said. 

+ Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Igneous said:

Thank you for reading, 

~Igneous.

Although I know for a fact that Hotshot is a great guy and I personally have had nothing but good experiences with him, I have to agree with the points Igneous has made in his response.

spacer.png