Hotshot - Admin Report

Keegan

Do the views and experiences in this report match your own?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do the views and experiences in this report match your own?

• Yes
    • No

1. Your In-game: Keegan

2. Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:159204113

3. The admin's name in-game: Hotshot

4. The admin's steam name (If you know it): [GL] General Hotshot

5. What did the admin do: 

Fail to properly manage documents:

Some time ago, a former VCMDR of Shock went rogue and vandalized several GL documents, putting Nazi, racist, and otherwise concerning information and images on them. Many of these were recovered by High Command due to them having edit access and being able to revert edit history, but one document that was vandalized had no HC as editors, thus making Hotshot the only person who would be able to fix it. After being notified several times regarding the matter, the document was still never reverted to a non-racist state. This means that anybody who viewed this document from a bookmark would be exposed to it (this happened many times!). Since I have been removed, I no longer have access to see specific times since I was removed, however I do know it was on or before 11/28/21, quite some time ago!

Shock Security Quick Guide to RFA’s (Caution: Racism, Mein Kampf, KKK imagery):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tGUWY2OG3B6UoZpjjZJIJjGI7byvqv3ApTRGWUH-2H8/edit

- https://i.gyazo.com/08bd979b1114aef11cc8b0f12371917c.png 

https://i.gyazo.com/7a7a220b32803d21811780b19de91e0e.png 

Failing to communicate with High Command and showing SEVERE bias:

After a user by the name of Spectre went into reserves, Hotshot went on roster and promoted the reserves he was given by High Command, failing to communicate with any HC regarding the matter (I have asked both High Admiral Joe and then-Fleet Admiral Odin about the matter, neither said Hotshot communicated with them regarding this). This is troubling given Hotshot’s clear leniency to Spectre in the past with the Assault report, and shows a clear bias and failure to care about the decisions of HC. Further showing Hotshot’s obscene bias, when Spectre did a ARDMx5 and got banned by SMT Lucifer, Hotshot made Nimo remove the valid ban. Hotshot also did not care when Spectre was caught using blogs to view in-game High Command team chat.

Screenshots of Naval roster showing Hotshot promoted Spectre’s reserves (full names of some editors removed for privacy):

https://i.gyazo.com/6f7e7c6d55e7447f06d139459080630c.png 

https://i.gyazo.com/412d9ad7545c4c517ee71e878b50d1de.png 

Proof Hotshot willingly ignored Spectre checking private HC messages and saying he will advance through command anyways (CLEAR BIAS):

https://i.gyazo.com/225b25548097ea4af2a770d2e04dab7c.png 

https://i.gyazo.com/69598ce6432dd397b1ffdadd012191a1.png 

Immaturity and removing those who disagree with him:

The screenshots below which show Discord messages from #high-command-chat in the Imperial Command Discord detail what happened better than I ever could, but in essence Hotshot demanded High Command to go through all the reserves given out to people, and to remove any that do not have a note on the roster detailing what they did for the battalion. I took issue with this, given that it has never been communicated to anyone that this is something expected in order for reserves to be kept, and that so many reserves did not have a note on them. All the other High Command present in the chat at the time agreed with what I was saying to some extent. After taking issue with this and pushing for a reasonable response to such a rash action, I was ridiculed by Hotshot and called a child in the high command chat. After pointing this out and still trying to get my point across and asking for an apology for getting insulted, I woke up to a message saying I was removed from my position and was banned from the Command Discord. Furthermore, Management decided to place a hold on the removal of any more reserves after my removal, showing some semblance of finally getting the point I was trying to make. 

The way Hotshot handled himself, addressed me, and spoke of the reserved members of the community absolutely disgusts me, and shows he truly does not care about anyone on the server outside of his friend group. His failure to hear or discuss the valid complaints/concerns of High Command in this regard extends far beyond this singular instance. 

Screenshots of #high-command-chat. Normally sending these would be grounds for Command Restriction, but given the nature of the report and how they are pertinent to the matter at hand, it is fair and reasonable that these be included in the report:

https://i.gyazo.com/214293360b492a42b3132d6716fb37bf.jpg 

https://i.gyazo.com/e3012c2595f17fb31babbaaa2ae148e6.jpg 

https://i.gyazo.com/f5a923de1fece3633a0cd5b6688b8c10.jpg 

https://i.gyazo.com/83730c9e03e1f04a1f009b8794c50435.jpg 

Reading these 4 in particular is important! They are in chronological order with small bits of discussion of other topics taken out.

Hotshot’s message to me with the reasoning for my removal:

https://i.gyazo.com/987237da83ee847cac84a03f06ce296e.png 

After my removal, these messages were sent to High Command (provided to me, I was banned from the Command Discord at this point):

https://i.gyazo.com/ca81cab5d7be1fbd70756ffcd70d9989.jpg 

https://i.gyazo.com/fcf18dec5d9acd8c48501bcf35753c24.jpg 

Failure to provide meaningful updates for RP or Staff/GM:

There is also a forums suggestion up for more than a month that is quite literally adding and removing two weapons from a single job:

This shows the poor management skills and work ethic of Hotshot. 

Here is yet another forums suggestion that has been up for more than a month that is just fixing a single gun that was (as far as I am aware) broken on purpose.

We have also been waiting for new IC models for almost a year now. IC has been struggling for quite some time, and as the most expensive thing on the server to join, it deserves more attention. Hotshot has given many excuses and promises for when it will be done, but consistently fails to fulfill these promises, similar to many other updates. 

In the past two months, Hotshot has done a very miniscule amount of updates, only 2 updates, when the server was promised more updates and features (especially for Christmas updates/models). Other Managers do more updates in a SINGLE DAY. This severe lack of updates has led to massive declines in server popularity and player retention. I understand Hotshot had been the only SMT member of the server for some time, however, he did have an excellent opportunity to work with Chico as mentioned below.

Hotshot has failed to make any movement on replacing the list of maps available in the server for GMs to switch to. This leads to GMs using the same 3 maps that they know are safe to use, as it is known that there is at least one map in the list that, if selected, will hard crash the server and make it only recoverable by Hotshot/Zeeptin (and this would basically be an automatic removal from GM, if not worse). Former HGM Pepper had sent Hotshot a list of maps to replace the current ones ages ago, and there is still no visible movement on them being changed to this day despite the SGM+ discussing the maps on a frequent basis. 

This has led many in the community to view Hotshot as someone who “comes on the server every two weeks, makes a poor and uninformed RP decision without consulting anyone, then disappears again.”

Failure to teach new SMT valuable skills to aid in providing updates:

Given the lack of updates to the server, it would have been reasonable to expect that Hotshot would teach his SMT team how to do simple job updates such as a battalion update, where all that is done is loadout changes. However, Hotshot simply refused to do this. Former Head of Staff Chico was very enthusiastic and ready to learn how to help manage the server, going so far as to fix long-standing whitelisting issues in his first day as HoS. Chico was refused when he asked Hotshot if he could be taught how to help out with some of the tasks Hotshot usually does. This hindered the ability for updates to be given in a reasonable time, and was a part of why Chico, someone who was able, trusted, enthusiastic, and ready to learn to help the server, left the staff team, worsening the problem of the server having few SMT. 

Poor Decisions in Choosing SMT:

With all this in consideration, Hotshot did at one point make an attempt to get some more SMT. He ended up choosing River as his SMT. Hotshot failed to do due diligence in this selection, failing to properly consult others or research the person he was promoting. As a result of this and the ensuing aftermath, both JMT Sawick and JMT Pepper resigned from GL entirely. Part of the reason the JMT and SMT team of Imperial is so empty is because Hotshot drove them away. 

Blatant Disrespect and Misconduct:

Hotshot has on many occasions told people that they are “replaceable”. This completely devalues them and shows how little he cares about the individual members of his community, and is no way how anyone should address a member on the server. Hotshot treats the members of High Command and members of the server quite poorly in this regard, discarding them immediately when he deems them as no longer useful. High Command is the backbone of the server, treating them with disrespect leads to a rift between High Command and Management.

Furthermore, Hotshot has hosted several meetings while severely intoxicated. He has attempted to make several irrational decisions during this time, only stopped by other SMT members who were present.

6. Evidence of the abusive action(s) (REQUIRED):

(Integrated above!)

7. What do you believe should happen to the admin: I do believe that others could manage the server better than Hotshot has these past several continuous months. 

8. Any extra information: I chose to go to the forums with this report instead of using the SMT report form because I feel this is the best way for any further information or opinions to be given by the community. With a report of this magnitude, I feel it is necessary to gather as many opinions and perspectives as possible, so please do not be afraid to share and discuss in the comments below.

Edited by Keegan
Fixing a link
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

+ Support
It seems that for some time now Hotshot has been becoming more sloppy with the way he preforms his duties. I think that he has lost his touch with the community as a whole and it is time for someone who genuinely still cares about this server and community. Based on all of this evidence I believe that this is more than enough instances where I think a demotion or even a removal should be in order. The server is in desperate need of someone who can preform to the best of their abilities in the position of manager and I think that that time for Hotshot has long passed us. 

Edited by NoCapGiven

Given |
| Former Starfighter Marshall | Former Agent Del Meeko |
| Former Senior Gamemaster |

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

+Support
As a long term Gaminglight Imperial Roleplayer, I have enjoyed this server a lot, it always brings me back - This is only after an update has come out, they are so rare that it is difficult for me to enjoy and stay on the server long term especially if I do not join staff or GM. The community that has grown on this server is a fun and enthusiastic one, it is very enticing to get on the server with the player base but Hotshots appalling management skills dissuade me from deciding to hop on sometimes, I constantly hear hotshot has done such and such, and its never anything anyone likes, he constantly meddles with roleplay decisions whilst not being active with his community he is completely disconnected from anything roleplay related, only when his friends come crying to him does he ever get involved always waiting till a boiling point where command members are at each others throats to do anything, it is disheartening to see that such a good community has been left in the hands of such a nonchalant manager with no drive, no passion, no nothing. I speak to many people from this server daily and it's constantly negative!

Furthermore, Hotshot had a discussion with a few members of the server about updates, promising updates will be coming, but to no avail, I know many community members even friends who have left because they are bored, they've done everything, there's nothing new - no updates. I am grateful Keegan has done this, as said in his report, people need to see how he acts and deals with situations, many people think Hotshot is this standup awesome person, which he could be but instead he decides to only further his friends enjoyment on the server Via Corrupt decisions, such as random mass promotions which no one would agree with and dissuading innovative ideas Command and High Command members have come up with.

Whilst a punishment is in order, Hotshot should begin to realise that people are done with how he is managing, change is what we need, not what we want... But need, if you are burnt out let someone take your place, don't bring the server down with you because you can't be bothered to manage it, even recently Zeeptin has brought back beckett, Nimo and Apple from Zeusgaming to help with the low number of management. So please step it up, stop plastering lies all over the place, that will only temporarily solve an issue till it pops back up.  

Please I beg!

Current: 47th Duelist Euronymous 501st CMDR Pisces
Previous: SHGO Senior Guard Kuiyn | 501st HVYAL CPT Pisces 2223 | AO SubLT Pisces | GM VIII | Shore CQB SSGT Pisces TK2223 | DT SSGT WC1 | SO Lieutenant Nova | Purge BAL MAJ Pisces GB12
"
Wanna see how I got these warns?"

25 minutes ago, NoCapGiven said:

+ Support
It seems that for some time now Hotshot has been becoming more sloppy with the way he preforms his duties. I think that he has lost his touch with the community as a whole and it is time for someone who genuinely still cares about this server and community. Based on all of this evidence I believe that this is more than enough instances where I think a demotion or even a removal should be in order. The server is in desperate need of someone who can preform to the best of their abilities in the position of manager and I think that that time for Hotshot has long passed us. 

Former Starfighter Vice Marshall

Reserved Starfighter Group Captain

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

-Support

"Failing to communicate with High Command and showing SEVERE bias:

After a user by the name of Spectre went into reserves, Hotshot went on roster and promoted the reserves he was given by High Command, failing to communicate with any HC regarding the matter (I have asked both High Admiral Joe and then-Fleet Admiral Odin about the matter, neither said Hotshot communicated with them regarding this). This is troubling given Hotshot’s clear leniency to Spectre in the past with the Assault report, and shows a clear bias and failure to care about the decisions of HC. Further showing Hotshot’s obscene bias, when Spectre did a ARDMx5 and got banned by SMT Lucifer, Hotshot made Nimo remove the valid ban. Hotshot also did not care when Spectre was caught using blogs to view in-game High Command team chat."

There's been problems going on around the server which HotShot had to get involved in, stating that High command has been everywhere at that current time. If a Vice Admiral gets reserves then they will get the Rank of Commodore, which what I am stating is that it was kinda unfair for Spectre at that time to get captain so hotshot stepped in, and with everyone attacking spectre I would see why HotShot would be kinder to him, as almost everyone has something out for him. To also say HotShot is a very busy man, he has a lot to do everyday and it's High command and Senior High commands job to keep the Docs clean from any type of Racism and or anything, so it wasn't his problem/fault for these rogue Vice commanders. Saying that HotShot was the problem wouldnt fully help as it's kinda breaking COC you should of just contacted someone else other than just going straight to him at that current time, with there being no excuse for breaking COC I don't see any problem for what ur trying to say about HotShot.

To add on, you might be upset that they removed you, but that doesn't give you the full right to try and remove HotShot from he position as manager, and opinions can be made but just doing this to try and remove someone will definitely not get ur rank back. To put out there HotShot does his best to keep this server alive by picking the right people for the team, as he is the manager he has the full right to pick who is proper for this High command, and HotShot did say "You may not like the decisions we make" and you didn't so they made the choice even if they were his friends it doesn't matter, favoritism plays a big factor on this server, it's horrible here and Beckett and HotShot don't play favorites, they do what needs to be done without any complaints.

Edited by KitChan
  • Like 1

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

51 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Further showing Hotshot’s obscene bias, when Spectre did a ARDMx5 and got banned by SMT Lucifer, Hotshot made Nimo remove the valid ban.

This was my decision fully, without any input from Hotshot.

• Like 1

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』

-Support

As someone who talks to hotshot daily and I KNOW FOR A FACT how busy he is such as working a FULL time job and with school. You say he didn't respond to you about the document with the racist shit but you are fully capable of making a new document to replace that one, it sounds to me you were to lazy to do so (which being a former manager and command member on a GL server I know making documents come with being in that position) so I don't really know why you didn't just.....make a new one like anyone else would have done. Seeing that you have just been removed I also feel that you are biased in your opinion of the way hotshot runs his server because of that, imperial wouldn't be in the position it is today without hotshot running it, I know this because I have managed servers with him in the past and he is definitely a higher caliber manager than I ever was lol. You say that he tells everyone that they are replaceable which I couldn't agree with more....the fact that you think that you or anyone else in a GARRYS MOD SERVER are irreplaceable just shows how childish you are and I understand why you got removed my dude.

Edited by [GL] Alec
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, [GL] Alec said:

-Support

As someone who talks to hotshot daily and I KNOW FOR A FACT how busy he is such as working a FULL time job and with school. You say he didn't respond to you about the document with the racist shit but you are fully capable of making a new document to replace that one, it sounds to me you were to lazy to do so (which being a former manager and command member on a GL server I know making documents come with being in that position) so I don't really know why you didn't just.....make a new one like anyone else would have done. Seeing that you have just been removed I also feel that you are biased in your opinion of the way hotshot runs his server because of that, imperial wouldn't be in the position it is today without hotshot running it, I know this because I have managed servers with him in the past and he is definitely a higher caliber manager than I ever was lol. You say that he tells everyone that they are replaceable which I couldn't agree with more....the fact that you think that you or anyone else in a GARRYS MOD SERVER are irreplaceable just shows how childish you are and I understand why you got removed my dude.

• Dislike 1

+Support

I do believe that Hotshot has not been taking his job seriously, he has a high rank which in my eyes makes me think that he believes he can get away with doing anything, which he generally does. In regards to the messages found in the High Command chat I find it insane that Keegan was removed for being argumentative which in my opinion makes no sense, In my eyes Keegan was very calm throughout the entire the entire conversation. Hotshot was the one being argumentative. Which further proves that Hotshot is simply not fit to be in this position. People have worked hard for reserves and they should not be taken away under any circumstance. (Unless they left the Discord)

To address the points near the end of this report, Hotshot has been neglecting the Battalions by not doing the updates, there are multiple posts that have been accepted and there has been NO action taken to complete them. When Marshall Given of Starfighters was still with us, SF made a suggestion for SF to make 2 squadron jobs for specified ships and such, it was completed but we were given the wrong ships on one of the jobs. There has been no action to fix this, we have waited for over a month at this point. 

57 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Hotshot has on many occasions told people that they are “replaceable”. This completely devalues them and shows how little he cares about the individual members of his community, and is no way how anyone should address a member on the server. Hotshot treats the members of High Command and members of the server quite poorly in this regard, discarding them immediately when he deems them as no longer useful. High Command is the backbone of the server, treating them with disrespect leads to a rift between High Command and Management.

Furthermore, Hotshot has hosted several meetings while severely intoxicated. He has attempted to make several irrational decisions during this time, only stopped by other SMT members who were present.

This right here is unacceptable, a man with such a powerful rank, being a symbol to not only ImperialRP but to Gaminglight as a whole, disrespecting all below him. I feel that Hotshot is only using his powers to manipulate other players into doing what he wants, and not what is best for the server like a good Manager should be doing.

59 minutes ago, Keegan said:

With all this in consideration, Hotshot did at one point make an attempt to get some more SMT. He ended up choosing River as his SMT. Hotshot failed to do due diligence in this selection, failing to properly consult others or research the person he was promoting. As a result of this and the ensuing aftermath, both JMT Sawick and JMT Pepper resigned from GL entirely. Part of the reason the JMT and SMT team of Imperial is so empty is because Hotshot drove them away. 

With Rivers promotion to Head Admin, Sawick and Pepper left, along with Sawick we also lost Marshall Given. I feel there could've been a better way to figure out who the next Head Admin should be as there were so many good candidates to be SMT who were not given a chance.

• Dislike 1

Last Real Starfighter Marshall Brand

------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

-Support

• Hotshot is a very hard worker and is very busy, so you can't blame him for sometimes not wanting to deal with server shit
  • The document you provided could've been easily replaced if you actually did YOUR job as a High Command member
  • Hotshot can't see the future 🙃
  • Hotshot added back Spectre's reserves because from VA is a 2 rank demotion for reserves, and also the Assault situation is non-valid. Your whole reasoning for it is very biased full of bullshit lmao
  • This report right here is basically your "revenge" for being removed from High Command for arguing with SMT and starting problems
  • With this report you're also starting even more problems
Edited by Psyche
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Current: Outside enjoyer

Ex: Tenn Graneet/Vice Admiral || Purge BTO CSM Daddy || E-11 SFC MageZX || Security SGT MageZX || GM III || DT HVE 1SG SK3

onigiri eating GIF

6 minutes ago, [GL] Alec said:

As someone who talks to hotshot daily and I KNOW FOR A FACT how busy he is such as working a FULL time job and with school...Seeing that you have just been removed I also feel that you are biased in your opinion of the way hotshot runs his server because of that...

I find it very disingenuous to state your very obvious friendship with the reported person and then continue to call Keegan biased for attempting to remove your friend. Please do better.

2 minutes ago, [GL] Alec said:

You say he didn't respond to you about the document with the racist shit but you are fully capable of making a new document to replace that one, it sounds to me you were to lazy to do so (which being a former manager and command member on a GL server I know making documents come with being in that position) so I don't really know why you didn't just.....make a new one like anyone else would have done.

I think the point Keegan was attempting to make -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- is that the document was in a good position before it got tampered with. It is MUCH easier to press a few buttons on a google doc than to gather HCOM as well as regimental command and re-do a previously -- and recoverable -- made document. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 3

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

48 minutes ago, NoCapGiven said:

+ Support

I feel unfairly treated on top of this, I was staff restricted after commenting my opinion on the forums about a friend, and giving them a second chance on the server. No communication was given towards me about what I did wrong so I assume it was that. I also had plans of coming back to the game master team as it was suffering badly and when I left it went downhill.  

You really fucked me over and you never told me anything about it. Even if i just a reason why or a dm from you it would make it a lot more respectable.

30 minutes ago, alaric said:

I find it very disingenuous to state your very obvious friendship with the reported person and then continue to call Keegan biased for attempting to remove your friend. Please do better.

Ok my dude but seeing how he banned me from the server I don't think friendship has anything to do with it, if he was "biased" to people, i would be unbanned and i would still have my Admiral rank that he took away from me

2 minutes ago, alaric said:

I think the point Keegan was attempting to make -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- is that the document was in a good position before it got tampered with. It is MUCH easier to press a few buttons on a google doc than to gather HCOM as well as regimental command and re-do a previously -- and recoverable -- made document. 

Because of our very obvious friendship we know what he has to go through on a daily basis and just how much he has does for this server. On Multiple occasions we have asked him to play games with us, and he says no can't to busy with Imperial RP. And I mean it does seem like revenge for him being removed. and to add onto alec's friendship point and hotshot being biased. Alec is Staff Restricted, someone who hotshot has known for a very long time.

1 minute ago, [GL] Alec said:

Ok my dude but seeing how he banned me from the server I don't think friendship has anything to do with it, if he was "biased" to people, i would be unbanned and i would still have my Admiral rank that he took away from me

Regardless of your status on the server, you still very clearly stated you have a bias against the reported player, and then further confirmed that fact by stating it as the first thing in your reply.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

• Head of Staff

Forums Diplomat Message
Alrighty everyone, I know this is going to be a controversial topic so I just want to stop any arguments before they start and I'd like to remind everyone of the forums rules

Keep this thread to a +Support/-Support basis ONLY.
Arguing between eachother is prohibited.
Failure to do so and continued arguing will result in forums warnings/restrictions being handed out as well as this topic being locked until SMT reviews it.

Thanks!
-Senior Diplomat Frog

Edited by A Frog
  • Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 2

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

42 minutes ago, Mr.E said:

+Support
As a long term Gaminglight Imperial Roleplayer, I have enjoyed this server a lot, it always brings me back - This is only after an update has come out, they are so rare that it is difficult for me to enjoy and stay on the server long term especially if I do not join staff or GM. The community that has grown on this server is a fun and enthusiastic one, it is very enticing to get on the server with the player base but Hotshots appalling management skills dissuade me from deciding to hop on sometimes, I constantly hear hotshot has done such and such, and its never anything anyone likes, he constantly meddles with roleplay decisions whilst not being active with his community he is completely disconnected from anything roleplay related, only when his friends come crying to him does he ever get involved always waiting till a boiling point where command members are at each others throats to do anything, it is disheartening to see that such a good community has been left in the hands of such a nonchalant manager with no drive, no passion, no nothing. I speak to many people from this server daily and it's constantly negative!

Furthermore, Hotshot had a discussion with a few members of the server about updates, promising updates will be coming, but to no avail, I know many community members even friends who have left because they are bored, they've done everything, there's nothing new - no updates. I am grateful Keegan has done this, as said in his report, people need to see how he acts and deals with situations, many people think Hotshot is this standup awesome person, which he could be but instead he decides to only further his friends enjoyment on the server Via Corrupt decisions, such as random mass promotions which no one would agree with and dissuading innovative ideas Command and High Command members have come up with.

Whilst a punishment is in order, Hotshot should begin to realise that people are done with how he is managing, change is what we need, not what we want... But need, if you are burnt out let someone take your place, don't bring the server down with you because you can't be bothered to manage it, even recently Zeeptin has brought back beckett, Nimo and Apple from Zeusgaming to help with the low number of management. So please step it up, stop plastering lies all over the place, that will only temporarily solve an issue till it pops back up.  

Please I beg!

I agree with this

There is much evidence That proves Something is going on.

I can't defend hotshot otherwise it would be biased

Edited by TTV darkdestroy43

ARC/ 501st JTL 1LT Maroon 11/7567
TSO JR LT Maroon

IC PVT 7567 Echo
Apprentice V Maroon

Documents are invalid as we don't use those anymore.

39 minutes ago, Keegan said:

After a user by the name of Spectre went into reserves, Hotshot went on roster and promoted the reserves he was given by High Command, failing to communicate with any HC regarding the matter (I have asked both High Admiral Joe and then-Fleet Admiral Odin about the matter, neither said Hotshot communicated with them regarding this). This is troubling given Hotshot’s clear leniency to Spectre in the past with the Assault report, and shows a clear bias and failure to care about the decisions of HC. Further showing Hotshot’s obscene bias, when Spectre did a ARDMx5 and got banned by SMT Lucifer, Hotshot made Nimo remove the valid ban. Hotshot also did not care when Spectre was caught using blogs to view in-game High Command team chat.

As the Manager and the Emperor I am able to change someone's reserves when I believe they are needing changing, I told Spectre when he asked to go into reserves I would make him a Commodore for the work he has done into Naval and for the server. The reason the situation was handled different when he was banned is because he was a Staff Member and was dealt with on staff and I have a policy where we do not ban staff members which was all handled by my Head of Staff at the time.

46 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Given the lack of updates to the server, it would have been reasonable to expect that Hotshot would teach his SMT team how to do simple job updates such as a battalion update, where all that is done is loadout changes. However, Hotshot simply refused to do this. Former Head of Staff Chico was very enthusiastic and ready to learn how to help manage the server, going so far as to fix long-standing whitelisting issues in his first day as HoS. Chico was refused when he asked Hotshot if he could be taught how to help out with some of the tasks Hotshot usually does. This hindered the ability for updates to be given in a reasonable time, and was a part of why Chico, someone who was able, trusted, enthusiastic, and ready to learn to help the server, left the staff team, worsening the problem of the server having few SMT. 

Certain ranks do not get access to certain things I'm afraid.

47 minutes ago, Keegan said:

River did what he was required off when he was in JMT which is why he was moved up, the whole situation after that was being resolved in a investigation lead by me and Zeeptin.

49 minutes ago, Keegan said:

We have also been waiting for new IC models for almost a year now. IC has been struggling for quite some time, and as the most expensive thing on the server to join, it deserves more attention. Hotshot has given many excuses and promises for when it will be done, but consistently fails to fulfill these promises, similar to many other updates.

IC Models are not the highest of priority's right now, but are still in the plans of being added within the next server content optimisations which took an overall delay when I lost majority of my SMT team to Zeus Gaming.

51 minutes ago, Keegan said:

In the past two months, Hotshot has done a very miniscule amount of updates, only 2 updates, when the server was promised more updates and features (especially for Christmas updates/models). Other Managers do more updates in a SINGLE DAY. This severe lack of updates has led to massive declines in server popularity and player retention. I understand Hotshot had been the only SMT member of the server for some time, however, he did have an excellent opportunity to work with Chico as mentioned below

The whole Christmas update with models and items for Christmas would of been implemented but couldn't as I was having major internet provider issues which was out of my control and when it got fixed and resolved it was around the 27th/28th of December (after Christmas) which I just cancelled it at this point.

56 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Hotshot has failed to make any movement on replacing the list of maps available in the server for GMs to switch to. This leads to GMs using the same 3 maps that they know are safe to use, as it is known that there is at least one map in the list that, if selected, will hard crash the server and make it only recoverable by Hotshot/Zeeptin (and this would basically be an automatic removal from GM, if not worse). Former HGM Pepper had sent Hotshot a list of maps to replace the current ones ages ago, and there is still no visible movement on them being changed to this day despite the SGM+ discussing the maps on a frequent basis.

You cant see any visible movement as you are not Senior Management and don't have access to dates on when we implement things.

57 minutes ago, Keegan said:

There is also a forums suggestion up for more than a month that is quite literally adding and removing two weapons from a single job:

Little job edits like this head to the bottom of the priority list based on the level of importance of other updates for the server and community planned over suggestions. 

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Other Managers do more updates in a SINGLE DAY.

Other servers have a fully operation SMT team where the Managers are just able to spend time making updates daily, sadly I am not one of those, I have bills to pay, I have a job which I have to go to and make money so I am able to pay the bills in order to be able to come and help Gaminglight out in my spare time with helping Zeeptin make this community better daily where ever I can by offering what I can with the time I have to help, I have spent sleepless nights getting this server to where it is today in being one of the most successfully ImperialRP servers across the Star Wars section of Garry's Mod. 

Listen I know updates are slow and all I can do is apologies based on the current situations which have been going on with Christmas and New Years happening, losing a lot of my SMT due to our other community Zues Gaming, which took a major hit on most operations on and off the server, which we are slowly recovering from this and as someone who is in full time education and work I only have a certain amount of time which I can spending physically making updates and running the whole entire server by my self when I was having no SMT. Me and Beckett have a lot of things planned for the server now that he is back and we can fully work together again with Nimo in order to catch up on missing updates.

• Like 1

hotshot manager.png

+Support

I think Keegan holds valid criticisms and deserves to point them out.

The above screenshots show a very clear disconnect between Hotshot and HCOM. An idea was brought to High Command, which had a large amount of push-back. Keegan attempted to make concerns voiced and instead was ridiculed and stepped upon. SMT and HCOM should work in unison to address and fix issues. I personally find it disturbing that a fair majority of HCOM and their opinion was stepped upon and regarded as disrespect. Hotshot has a lot to handle out of game and should value the opinions of HCOM as they are the in-game leadership and have a more direct connection with those that are directly being affected.

On top of this, despite the fact that SMT had a major blow in the amount of people, Hotshot deliberately refused Chico's help despite it being needed. It is not only disrespectful but concerning that Keegan was removed from a position for doing his job as a HCOM member.

Why have HCOM if you ignore them.

Edited by alaric
  • Like 2

Just now, alaric said:

On top of this, despite the fact that SMT had a major blow in the amount of people, Hotshot deliberately refused Chico's help despite it being needed.

As we had a major blow to SMT team I had no extra time to teach someone on how to code LUA and all the functions of the server and the backend side of things as this would take a lot of time to teach which is something I could not do at the time, when we was to get more SMT and get things stable he would end up getting trained later down the line when he would be more use to the Head of Staff rank

23 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I feel unfairly treated on top of this, I was staff restricted after commenting my opinion on the forums about a friend, and giving them a second chance on the server. No communication was given towards me about what I did wrong so I assume it was that. I also had plans of coming back to the game master team as it was suffering badly and when I left it went downhill.  

You really fucked me over and you never told me anything about it. Even if i just a reason why or a dm from you it would make it a lot more respectable.

We are not required to let people know when they are staff restricted, if you ask we may tell you, but as the way you acted within the situation it was something the SMT team didn't want back into the staff team

• Like 1

hotshot manager.png

-Support

Overall, after looking through the report there are quite a few things I disagree with and some things I agree with. I'll try break up each of your points into different sections.

Failure to properly manage documents: When this took place, SMT implemented new rules to try and prevent against this type of situation showing they were actively working on a solution. While yes, the document should have been fully deleted it was already cleared from any public channels making it so only past people that had the document would see it.

Failing to communicate with High Command and showing SEVERE bias: At the end of the day, Hotshot still does have full say over Roleplay, and has the power to make these decisions without the input of High command. Is this bias, well no not at all, if I remember Spectre was a Vice Admiral after leaving Naval meaning Commodore was the correct reserves given.

Immaturity and removing those who disagree with him: This is quite literally only referring to yourself, you decided to make a small disagreement that you had turn into a huge fight within High command chat. This is your own fault for not knowing how to control your own behavior, and as Hotshot said "We ask you to all be calm while presenting your opinions." if you would have done this you probably wouldn't have gotten removed.

Failure to provide meaningful updates for RP or Staff/GM: This is an issue and has been an issue for quite a little bit of time now. From my experience as Head of Staff, and working alongside Hotshot it is obvious that he is a very busy person. Hotshot has University and works a job leaving him with little free time to put towards Gaminglight which makes pushing updates to the server much more of a pain. When I was a Head of Staff we had multiple updates planned that got pushed quite a ways back as we never had time to fully discuss them and get them ready for implementation. Yes, there should be a solution made to this problem, and now with Beckett back it shouldn't be as big of an issue.

Failure to teach new SMT valuable skills to aid in providing updates: This really isn't true in the slightest, I was taught many different things during my time as SMT, and learned plenty on my own as well. I don't exactly know why you are commenting on this when you have zero clue on how SMT functions.

Poor Decisions in Choosing SMT: This isn't really Hotshot fault, whenever someone is moved up to SMT it is talked between almost all of the SMT team and Zeeptin. Yes sometimes mistakes in judgement happen, but I'm sure you can also relate this to your time in High command when you move someone up to command, and they don't preform up to the expectations you have set.

Blatant Disrespect and Misconduct: Yes, I can say this sometimes happens, and I do believe that Hotshot should take more insight in to the decisions of those in High Command but its quite obvious that you never have had too long of a conversation with Hotshot as he really isn't like this.

Overall, most of your opinions are pretty stupid. Hotshot can improve in certain areas though, yes there should be a solution to the lack of updates, and yes Hotshot should probably take more insight into the decisions of his High command, but is it enough to get him removed or demoted from his position? No not at all, however his activity should be looked at, and solutions should be made in order to benefit the server in the best way possible.

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 1

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』

Having shared a manager position at the same time as Hotshot, I'd like to offer my perspective on what you're talking about.

Firstly, almost all of what you are saying is complete trash. The whole Nazi Shock document thing was not under his control, I was there when it happened, you can't blame him for it, and after it happened they literally made it a policy that SMT must own all documents, showing that he did take something away from the situation and made an improvement.

The whole Spectre thing, I mean let's be honest who cares? I wasn't here for that but it seems like he changed someone's reserves and you can cry about that if you want to but honestly it doesn't matter in the slightest and shows you're probably just butthurt about something (I wonder what, maybe your high command removal?!?!?!?!) and are nitpicking over things that just don't matter.

The whole reserves thing is stupid, it makes perfect sense for someone to have their reserves revoked who did almost nothing for the battalion. There are people who had profound impacts on their battalions and very much deserve reserves and people who did jack shit and should not be given special treatment.

Hotshot both has college and work related responsibilities, it is not fair to look at something related to time management and call it a personality problem or evidence of poor management. The bottom line is he's a busy guy, and it's already hard enough to get on his computer daily while keeping up with school and work. Suggestions take a lot of time and energy, using other peoples' feedback to try and sculpt a server into something that is successful is very hard to do, largely because people aren't game designers and therefore shouldn't give ideas for game design. That on top of how dated GMOD is, the restrictions of what can feasibly be done, the limits on download size for the server, etc. make it hard to continue to develop a server once you reach a certain size like ImperialRP has.

As for getting new SMT, not everyone is able to handle all the responsibilities of SMT from day one and there is a period where trust has to be built between the manager and the new SMT before things can really get rolling. This is not only a trust thing about making sure they will not spread private information but also trusting their competence, as even people given HOS are not always going to be treated like a veteran SMT member because they aren't. I don't know what "long-standing whitelisting issues" could exist but I am the one who gave officers and command the ability to whitelist in the first place because up until that point it was only staff who could whitelist and I can promise you it's not a hard thing to do, small tasks like that just get swept under the rug until you actually make sure it gets done.

Choosing new SMT is always hard, there was a time where we all took personality tests to see compatibility in workspace conditions just to see if anyone matched up nicely. Not everyone is gonna be a winner, not everyone is even going to be supported by every SMT when they are given the position, it can absolutely be a needs based thing. I thought Luci was a terrible choice to be an SMT and honestly I never liked him, but I understood the need at the time for someone else and right off the bat he proved himself to be a liability which I was fairly upset over but stayed out of for the sake of the server's success.

As for the disrespect thing, I can say that I have not always had the most positive experiences with Hotshot when it comes to decision making. I always had a blast playing Arma and Squad and dicking around with him, but there were several things I tried to do that were shut down and then later implemented. I'm not going to go into it because it is water under the bridge at this point but there were some things with Gunnery and Shore, long story short he said no then added them after I left and it really doesn't matter. The only reason I bring this up is because out of our disagreement came positive change to the server. Just because someone doesn't sugar-coat all their interactions with people doesn't mean they are rude and disrespectful. Hotshot has a personality just like every other human being ever and that shows in how he interacts with people just like every other human being ever. It really shows you haven't really seen how he really is, Hotshot working on the server is very much focused on what he has to do and doesn't really care about feelings hurt. This has its ups and downs, it may hurt some people but spend a few hours playing with him and you'll see a completely different side of him.

Is Hotshot a bad person? No. At most he is guilty of being over-enthusiastic and very passionate about ImperialRP. I think it is very easy for people who do not interact with him to see him as a man locked away in his channel who is disconnected with his community but Hotshot is genuinely one of the most dedicated people to Gaminglight as a whole and I hate to see people with a lack of understanding come and say these things about him. I have had countless hours of fun with him, he has put countless hours into the community, a vast majority of the conversation that took place in his channel was about the server. We were always worried people would see SMT like this because we didn't do GL as a full time job. We always had obligations, and those need to be respected. No one can dump all their time into the community and I think he has done a wonderful job with the server. Everything has its ups and downs, even GMOD as a whole is dying and he still manages to wake up and keep putting hours of his time into the server. If you want to say he doesn't have the time necessary to be one, I can't say I disagree but it would be stupid to not have him fill the position as he is incredibly dedicated and is a star wars nerd.

Edited by Scoot
forgot to take the "lmao get fucked" out of the ending
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Racecars don't need headlights because the track is always lit

1 hour ago, NoCapGiven said:

+ Support

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Emoo said:

-Support

Overall, after looking through the report there are quite a few things I disagree with and some things I agree with. I'll try break up each of your points into different sections.

Failure to properly manage documents: When this took place, SMT implemented new rules to try and prevent against this type of situation showing they were actively working on a solution. While yes, the document should have been fully deleted it was already cleared from any public channels making it so only past people that had the document would see it.

Failing to communicate with High Command and showing SEVERE bias: At the end of the day, Hotshot still does have full say over Roleplay, and has the power to make these decisions without the input of High command. Is this bias, well no not at all, if I remember Spectre was a Vice Admiral after leaving Naval meaning Commodore was the correct reserves given.

Immaturity and removing those who disagree with him: This is quite literally only referring to yourself, you decided to make a small disagreement that you had turn into a huge fight within High command chat. This is your own fault for not knowing how to control your own behavior, and as Hotshot said "We ask you to all be calm while presenting your opinions." if you would have done this you probably wouldn't have gotten removed.

Failure to provide meaningful updates for RP or Staff/GM: This is an issue and has been an issue for quite a little bit of time now. From my experience as Head of Staff, and working alongside Hotshot it is obvious that he is a very busy person. Hotshot has University and works a job leaving him with little free time to put towards Gaminglight which makes pushing updates to the server much more of a pain. When I was a Head of Staff we had multiple updates planned that got pushed quite a ways back as we never had time to fully discuss them and get them ready for implementation. Yes, there should be a solution made to this problem, and now with Beckett back it shouldn't be as big of an issue.

Failure to teach new SMT valuable skills to aid in providing updates: This really isn't true in the slightest, I was taught many different things during my time as SMT, and learned plenty on my own as well. I don't exactly know why you are commenting on this when you have zero clue on how SMT functions.

Poor Decisions in Choosing SMT: This isn't really Hotshot fault, whenever someone is moved up to SMT it is talked between almost all of the SMT team and Zeeptin. Yes sometimes mistakes in judgement happen, but I'm sure you can also relate this to your time in High command when you move someone up to command, and they don't preform up to the expectations you have set.

Blatant Disrespect and Misconduct: Yes, I can say this sometimes happens, and I do believe that Hotshot should take more insight in to the decisions of those in High Command but its quite obvious that you never have had too long of a conversation with Hotshot as he really isn't like this.

Overall, most of your opinions are pretty stupid. Hotshot can improve in certain areas though, yes there should be a solution to the lack of updates, and yes Hotshot should probably take more insight into the decisions of his High command, but is it enough to get him removed or demoted from his position? No not at all, however his activity should be looked at, and solutions should be made in order to benefit the server in the best way possible.

Weren't you the guy who shows pictures of high command chat to blacklisted members? anyways -Support 

ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙 𝕍𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 〙〘 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝟒 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 

𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐦 

rsz_637164163412330000.png.a957a0faf21cdc0dc6d55d82d9dc64ce.png

- SUPPORT

I understand the situation and that there are valid points included, but multiple managers and staff have given a rebuttal to this. Hotshot is only one man. He cannot do every little thing that is reported or suggested for change immediately. Which is why we have a staff team for that. Not everything is his fault and Imperial RP SMT and JMT are also doing their jobs too in working out details in all reports. I get that you're all upset but at the same time these people are human as well and need to be shown respect and kindness. Instead of just being thrown under the bus because of the fact that people we're removed from their positions and are upset about it. It is ridiculous and outlandish for this behavior and to just blatantly bash someone publicly like this is just shameful and embarrassing. I should honestly see better in this community, being fair, honest, and kind has no cost. I get everyone has their opinions but for the people who support this topic, the facts have been shoved in your face so an argument isn't necessary at all. Honestly an apology should be given to Hotshot and the staff team, one especially to Hotshot for the fact that he has dedicated years of his life to Imperial RP and has done his best in maintaining and keeping the server active and alive as well in working with the staff team of course to keep this community in constant circulation. We have all made mistakes, we have all messed up a time or two in our lives. We're human beings. You can't just pick and prod at every little thing they do, it's just plain bullying at that point. There should really be more compassion shown here other than bashing and trying to attack the manager for what it seems to me a revenge play. It makes me sad to see this. Yes I know this is just a Garry's Mod server and a video game. Which is a reason for people to not take it so seriously. To Hotshot this is basically his life's work. I've spent a year on our server, the time I've dedicated and the experience I've accumulated here haven't been for nothing which is why I offer a level of seriousness to our community. I care about this community and every member within it. Things like this topic shouldn't even happen in the first place. Understand your mistakes and why you were removed and move on. You'll get another chance later on, we all will. Thank you. 

• Dislike 1

Former Shock Vice Commander/Current Commander Iden Versio IF1