General Suggestion - Medical Spawn Changes - Denied

new rowphin

What are you suggesting? -
Move the current medical spawn to where the 'Maintenance Bunks' spawn is. Then generalise the bunks to 'Utility Bunks', where medical and maintenance can spawn in the same area and share the room. This leaves an empty room in medbay where a roleplay area can be set up such as a science lab (which was recently removed). The current medical bunks is very spacious and has potential to have fun world props that can be used/roleplayed with. 

How would this change better the server? - 
This change will promote roleplay in a roleplay server, such as research/medical research receiving their own science lab where they can roleplay out tests and experiments on D-Class/SCPs. I have definitely had my own problems when finding an area to roleplay out my tests on SCPs. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 
Medics will have to walk to medbay rather than spawning in it. Also, this might be a big change to make and people will have to get used to it for a while. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 
Anyone who has intentions to roleplay in a science lab (researchers). 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -
N/A

FormerCI CPT SFTO Head Of Hotshot | RRH Guardian Juliet 13| Assistant Head Of Medical SCP-RP Senior Moderator

okoko.PNG.cb906bef7bb641ec688c5dc8028fb16d.PNG

Only issue I could see is if an SCP were to get trapped in medbay lockdown and killed all the medics insides. Staff can be called for that, however, so +support

• Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+support 

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but medical HCMD would have to approve.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

+/-

Rather than moving spawns I would rather see we get a new room added in medbay for this in the next update

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

+ Support
Seems like a cool idea, I think a fix to the lockdown issue could be adding another button outside of medbay that only medics can use to lift lockdown.

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

12 hours ago, Coltable said:

we have no plans for a map update as of now 

+Support ^ 

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

24 minutes ago, Coltable said:

Not against the idea but would want to be sure that all branch hcmd are okay with this, also no we would not be able to put a button outside medbay.

Would it be possible to make the lockdown automatically turn off after a time?

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

2 minutes ago, Grеg said:

Would it be possible to make the lockdown automatically turn off after a time?

No, also we legit have a rp way for jobs to "breach" into medbay when on lockdown. I believe currently only CI delta+ jobs can but we can make it so maintenance/mtf cmd+/jobs with explosives can.

+Support
If there is a way to not cause people to spawn inside of each other then this is a great Idea! 
I think adding a second button to Medbay lockdown that only medical get could help with the Lockdown issue if there becomes one.

Edited by DemiGodRaymond

Former -{Longest Purge VCMDR} {EXP Researcher} {CI LCPL x2} {Maintenance Professional{CI RnD Supervisory Agent}{MTF Nu7 1LT } {HTF Zealot}

OWNER OF {The Eternal Twins{Phantom Squadron{MTF Kairos-01 'Sola Fide'{A Group of Psychos}

• 2 weeks later...

- Support

Medical command/HCMD has voted it would be better if spawns stayed as is, not enough benefits to outweigh the negatives. ~AHOMS Zack

Edited by Zack / Zarl

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;