Readd the branch descriptions to dblock [Completed]

ZJ

What are you suggesting? - That the signs that explain what each branch does and how to join it be readded to lower dblock

How would this change better the server? - People that are new will know what is going on and how to play the server.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  None, maybe lag not sure I think when we switched to these types of signs it was suppose to be reduced lag though.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone that is new and the branches on the server will have more trainees and players in general.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -
kOBmmt2.png

• Like 2

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

+ Support

Don't know why they were removed in the first place, maybe performance issues?

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Don't know why they were removed in the first place, maybe performance issues?

From what I have heard the decal add-on (Blue’s decals, I think?) causes some lag. However we have so many decals already that I think the performance issues caused by this would be negligible.

+Support 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

10 minutes ago, Demon Dice said:

they was removed because bread made them im pretty sure

Wouldn't kill us to make some new ones then, its certainly helpful for new players to know their options.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

9 hours ago, Sprink said:

+support why not

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

Unnecessary entities, Biggest thing we struggle with on the server is hitting the entity count, its the same reason why you'll notice in some branch updates I don't give branches pistols or useless weaponry changes as its a waste of entities on the server. While those images were semi helpful being honest most ppl just asked others about branches anyways.

3 hours ago, Coltable said:

Unnecessary entities, Biggest thing we struggle with on the server is hitting the entity count, its the same reason why you'll notice in some branch updates I don't give branches pistols or useless weaponry changes as its a waste of entities on the server. While those images were semi helpful being honest most ppl just asked others about branches anyways.

We have one of these in the training room, I think if that was removed we could at least place that in lower?

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

On 1/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, Nydekore said:

From what I have heard the decal add-on (Blue’s decals, I think?) causes some lag. However we have so many decals already that I think the performance issues caused by this would be negligible.

+Support 

+Support^

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png

18 minutes ago, Coltable said:

I will only consider reading these dacals if we can remove some entities fromt the server in the form of unnecessary weapons or props on the server.

A lot of props in spawn areas could be trimmed down on. It’s out of RP area so all the props aren’t needed.

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

+support

If there was a way to make the branch descriptions apart of the server and not a entity that would cause lag then I defiantly +Support this, but if there isn't a way then there isn't any tears lost

Former -{Longest Purge VCMDR} {EXP Researcher} {CI LCPL x2} {Maintenance Professional{CI RnD Supervisory Agent}{MTF Nu7 1LT } {HTF Zealot}

OWNER OF {The Eternal Twins{Phantom Squadron{MTF Kairos-01 'Sola Fide'{A Group of Psychos}

+/- support 

they were removed due to the limit of entities allowed on the server before it crashes, while they would be nice to have it would take up the few entities left. An alternative to this could be updating/adding a section in the MOTD that gives a detailed explanation of the branch with sub-branches, responsibilities, and how to join them.

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

It could honestly be something as small as letting people know about the f4 menu and joining trainee, for a lot of people the concept of darkrp or gmod in general this is their first experience with it.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:18 AM, Nydekore said:

+Support 

Screenshot_13.png

On 1/18/2022 at 5:02 PM, DemiGodRaymond said:

+support

If there was a way to make the branch descriptions apart of the server and not a entity that would cause lag then I defiantly +Support this, but if there isn't a way then there isn't any tears lost

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

-Support
Most of the branches are listed on the MOTD and what they do, and even then.
Trying out for the branches is still a possibility

Former  E11/R&D Senior Command | Former IMP RP HCMD | Donator | "when you're drunk as fuck, you feel no pain" - Yohan 2022 |

On 1/13/2022 at 10:54 PM, Coltable said:

the signs do lag the server and make Dblock lag really bad cause you have to render signs that 70% of people do not read -support

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

+Support

what you can do (i think) is have them show up in the F4 menu, and just have a text screen in lower that tells them that its there

also here are the original pictures: 

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+Support It would benefit new players a lot

Ranks: Former DHWD SEC MAJ | Former Nu7 SM | Former Research RM | Former Foxtrot-15 | EXM

CCs: (Owns) Omnipurpouse Furry Force, (On) MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' , Snowmen , MTF Unit Heaven Ascendants A Normal D-Class 

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction." --- JFK

• 1 month later...