The Sitting Ducks Problem - Denied

AAA Morbius

What you want to see? 

No limits on the raiding zone.

For example:

When robbing a gas station or bank, criminals are forced to stay within the building. I say we remove those limits and allow criminals to plan more creative heists. 

Why should we add it?

This video should explain why (skip to 3:00):

Nick Fury put it best:

“...(we are) hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned"  

Cops have more armor, better guns and more people than criminals ever could. 

And since criminals can't leave during a robbery, we all die from a few simple grenades (as shown in the video).

But what if rather than limiting criminals to stay in the robbery area, you allow them to leave the zone? That way, we can plan out heists and create diversions (just like in real life). 

I already know what you're thinking:

“If you’re allowed to leave the area, then it’ll cause mayhem and RDM since a random player(s) can shoot at cops”.

Yes, that’s true.

But that’s the point of a well-trained police department.

You, too, need to create a plan to counter raids (ex: create a parameter, station officers on the parameter, close tunnels, stations snipers, etc.). 

The end result is way more enjoyable roleplay for both PD and Robbers. 

What are the advantages of having this?

- Robbers get a chance against police
- Cops get harder heists (I know how bored you guys get)
- More fun RP situations for all

Who is it mainly for? 
Police and Criminals. 

Like I said, crims don’t have a fighting chance against cops. 

Remove the raiding zone limit and suddenly crims can create dynamic RP situations. Imagine the Dark Knight bank robbery scene happening every day. 

Wouldn’t that make for more fun RP for all? 

Links to any content: 

Proof crims stand no chance against cops....
Drippy Takes on an Entire Raiding Group By Himself:

Do yourselves a favor and give this a try. 

I know:

You think by adding this more people will RDM due to crossfire. 

But that’s easily side stepped by police creating barriers and following a “return fire if fired upon” rule that cops use in real-life. 

Give it a try for a week and if you don’t like it, remove it. No harm. 

Edited by Tea
Clarifications

-/+ Support

During the Robbery you have to stay inside in order for the Robbery to stay going so it doesn't cancel. From my understanding I think you can leave once the raid is over!

Government I think is fine cause King and I have taken on a whole TAC Team and won as well as him winning by himself. It is really just who you go against in my judgement.

Now if you aren't allowed to leave and I misunderstood the rule then I think it should be removed.

EMS Deputy (LC) | Founder of Diamond Dogs (2018) | Former FBI SAIC | 5 Year Community Member | Former Admin |

8 hours ago, LilGoat said:

-/+ Support

During the Robbery you have to stay inside in order for the Robbery to stay going so it doesn't cancel. From my understanding I think you can leave once the raid is over!

Government I think is fine cause King and I have taken on a whole TAC Team and won as well as him winning by himself. It is really just who you go against in my judgement.

Now if you aren't allowed to leave and I misunderstood the rule then I think it should be removed.

Of course you can leave after the raid is over.

But that's not what I'm saying 🙂

All I'm saying is we shouldn't be confined into an area if we are robbing something (since it kills heists creativity). For example:

If I'm raiding BP (gas station), I shouldn't be confined into the gas station (as I've explained why above). Instead, we should have free rein to position our robbers around the gas station to make it much harder for police to de-escalate the situation. 

A few more pointers:

- If you are raiding alone, then yes, you have to stay inside so it doesn't cancel. But if you're raiding with a group, then we can have a few people stay inside while others guard outside, etc. 

- There will be rare scenarios where robbers win against PD (as you've mentioned @LilGoat). But for most robberies, they fail. By removing this limit, we should have more successful robberies (and both sides - crims and PD - will enjoy it way more). 

14 minutes ago, catfishing for nitro said:

-support 

with good guns and strategies its not hard to beat tac so long you have enough people (3-4)

What strategy? 

You can't devise any sort of strategy since you're literally confined into a small box. 

For example, let's say you're robbing gas station. All you can do is wait inside the gas station and wait for the cops to pull up and mow you down. Yes, you may get lucky a few times and beat them, but the fact that we can't leave this area to create heists kills RP.

Plus, my suggestion doesn't require any addons. Just test it out for a week and if you guys don't like it, remove it. But I guarantee you everyone will love it.

• Like 1

-Support 

This hasn't been a problem for the years its been a thing 
Familys of 2-3 have taken down 6-10 cops before during raids quickly so I see this just becoming an unneeded thing and over kill along with a headache for staff. 

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

3 hours ago, Kosh said:

-Support I've seen people running out to kill gov hiding on the side. They just get groups of 3 and send 2 to deal with gov while the weakest hide inside.

According to the existing rule, that's not allowed (considered FAIL RP). If you're robbing something, you have to stay inside. 

1 hour ago, [GL] Locus said:

-Support 

This hasn't been a problem for the years its been a thing 
Familys of 2-3 have taken down 6-10 cops before during raids quickly so I see this just becoming an unneeded thing and over kill along with a headache for staff. 

Please explain why it'd be a headache for staff. (I've resolved that objection in the post). 

This will literally enhance RP to another level. I've played on the server for some time now and cops are bored. When a bank robbery happens, they flock to the scene, enter the vault, mow everyone down, and leave. It's not challenging for them.

But imagine if we were allowed to expand the robbery zone. TRUST ME  WHEN I SAY THIS: THE PD WILL LOVE THIS AS IT WILL MAKE IT MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO COUNTER A RAID! 

And all I'm asking is to temporarily remove the rule for 1 week. See how we respond to it. If we don't like it, add the rule back again.

There is absolutely no harm in trying this out. 

(SMT Team, before you make your decision, please take into account that most people on the forums are PD, so they're biased. Plus, they're (mostly) long-time members of this server so it's very hard for them to "see" problems as opposed to new players. Just give this new rule a 1 week trial and see how much more fun the players will have). 

Edited by AAA Morbius

-Support

All robberies have a single entry and exit point.

"we can have a few people stay inside while others guard outside, etc. "

Funneling gov into a single entry point and having the ability to kill as long as you're in render distance will create a cesspool of RDM'ers. 

"Who is it mainly for? 
Police and Criminals. "

"Please take into account that most people on the forums are PD, so they're biased. "

Which one is it?

"position our robbers around the gas station to make it much harder for police to de-escalate the situation. " You already have been given the ability to shoot at incoming vehicles coming up to locations through opening the door. 

SRTEHCSig.png.ca13d2d7ad944e22e26a1479e44ad2e6.png

2 hours ago, MrSato said:

-Support

All robberies have a single entry and exit point.

"we can have a few people stay inside while others guard outside, etc. "

Funneling gov into a single entry point and having the ability to kill as long as you're in render distance will create a cesspool of RDM'ers. 

"Who is it mainly for? 
Police and Criminals. "

"Please take into account that most people on the forums are PD, so they're biased. "

Which one is it?

"position our robbers around the gas station to make it much harder for police to de-escalate the situation. " You already have been given the ability to shoot at incoming vehicles coming up to locations through opening the door. 

Why do all robberies have to have a single entry/exit point? 

Why can't we create dynamic heists (ex: The Dark Knight, Prison Break, Baby Driver, Den of Thieves, etc.) that'll not only make it much more challenging for the PD to counter, but allow us to roleplay as if it were real life.

I already resolved the objection of RDM'ers. In case you missed it: "...police creating barriers and following a “return fire if fired upon” rule that cops use in real-life."

Please watch the video to see why being confined into a box and only allowed to shoot through one door isn't ideal. 

I'd also like to state that if I were a cop, I'd -support this suggestion at first because it'll make the PD job harder. But if we were given a chance to try this out for 1 week, I strongly believe everyone - crims and PD - will have more fun 🙂  

19 hours ago, AAA Morbius said:

Why do all robberies have to have a single entry/exit point? 

I am kind of starting to understand where you are coming from, but this is just a map design. 

The solution for this would be to create more than one entry/exit points for robberies so Gov/Crims are not necessarily funneled into one single location as small as gas stations get. 

SRTEHCSig.png.ca13d2d7ad944e22e26a1479e44ad2e6.png

On 1/4/2022 at 7:06 PM, AAA Morbius said:

What strategy? 

You can't devise any sort of strategy since you're literally confined into a small box. 

For example, let's say you're robbing gas station. All you can do is wait inside the gas station and wait for the cops to pull up and mow you down. Yes, you may get lucky a few times and beat them, but the fact that we can't leave this area to create heists kills RP.

Plus, my suggestion doesn't require any addons. Just test it out for a week and if you guys don't like it, remove it. But I guarantee you everyone will love it.

have a hostage, make sure one person is guns on the hostage while someone else negotiates. DRAW THIS OUT FOR A LONG TIME. 

Next, fall back and take cover behind the shelves. Have someone with an LMG have a good vantage point to spam fire at the door (preferably two LMG's). Have a shotgun as near to the door as possible. Always be ready to take cover or look away from a flash. Get to high points to combat shields.

Not sus