biggie's Ban Appeal

biggie

Steam Name: biggie

SteamID: 76561198113083384

Ingame Name: biggie

Ban Length: 9 days

Admin that Banned you: [GL] Shin

Reason for Ban: "Racism || LTAP | Behalf of Parkland"

Dispute: At the time I was banned, I was playing as SCP-049. I had just breached containment. I was about to enter the LCZ but MTF caught up to me and cuffed me. Due to my self-breach taking more than an hour to complete, and the fact that I was upset that MTF got me within 5 minutes of my self breach, I did disconnect before MTF could put me back into my cell.

However, I was in no way "racist" to anyone during this period or during any other period since I've been on this server. I have over 30 hours of playtime and I have been following every other rule to the best of my ability (as evidenced by my lack of warns/bans), and I would not risk my status on the server by being "racist".

As far as the "LTAP" portion of my ban, I do admit to leaving the server after being cuffed, but this was due to me being upset as explained above. I was never in an admin sit during or even two hours before this situation occurred, therefore, unless leaving the server while cuffed by MTF is considered "LTAP", I believe this to be a false reason unjustly tacked on to the false "racism" ban in an attempt to "get back" at me by the MTF team for leaving.

If anyone has any evidence to the contrary, I welcome it, but as I've said before, I believe this to be a 100% false ban and my character on the server thus far speaks for itself in that I try to follow the rules the best I can as explained above (30+ hours playtime, 0 warns, 0 other bans).

Thanks for your consideration.

25 minutes ago, Domo775 said:

+support 

plus wouldn’t even be ltap if he left while he was cuffed more would be ltarp 

but there’s not a lot of rp since they’re just dragging him back to the cell

Altho i wanna hear @Shin side

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

-Support 

Leaving in an RP situation is LTARP I dont really see any evidence that proves your claims which is sorta necessary to get a ban appealed. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

1 minute ago, Some Weeb said:

-Support 

Leaving in an RP situation is LTARP I dont really see any evidence that proves your claims which is sorta necessary to get a ban appealed. 

Not technically correct. LTARP is when a user leaves and rejoins or swaps jobs to avoid an RP situation, if they just leave the server that's not LTARP, as we can't force players to stay on if they aren't enjoying themselves

Will need Shin's side about the racism though.

+/- Support.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

Just now, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Not technically correct. LTARP is when a user leaves and rejoins or swaps jobs to avoid an RP situation, if they just leave the server that's not LTARP, as we can't force players to stay on if they aren't enjoying themselves

Will need Shin's side about the racism though.

+/- Support.

True true..

+/- 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

3 minutes ago, Parkland27 said:

-Support

Clearly used a racial slur.

Leaving to avoid punishment I'm not sure about as while he did leave after breaking a rule, we don't really ban for that unless they are made aware that leaving would cause such a ban.

Edited by Nydekore

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

6 minutes ago, Parkland27 said:

i could be wrong, but when i heard it the first and 2nd time i heard the N word, but rn i currently cannot hear it due to airpod shit

Changing to -Support for lifting the ban, but + Support for shortening it to 7 days as LTARP  was added on to it. 1st offense for racism is 1 week, not 9 days, and the act in question wasn't meant to intentionally offend people.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

Just now, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Changing to -Support for lifting the ban, but + Support for shortening it to 7 days as LTARP  was added on to it. 1st offense for racism is 1 week, not 9 days.

i dont mind whoever likes to change it, my apologies, i wasnt aware enough that LTARP was a thing so its my fault, but the racism is aparent

20 minutes ago, Parkland27 said:

Yes this is me. As you all can clearly see (hear?) in the video, I did not use the hard-r, which is what you are accusing me of.

Additionally, to reiterate my point, I did not say any words in such a way to be discriminatory towards anyone or any thing. As I've said previously, I was understandably upset regarding the circumstances of my capture. I am sure you've been in my shoes yourself, and as you know when someone gets upset, they say and do unjustified things out of frustration.

The recorder of this clip can, however, be seen breaking the rules as he clearly cuffed me without proper FearRP being met (3+ players WITH WEAPONS OUT, only 1 had a weapon out at the time of the cuffing, the guy on the left, the others were behind a closed door), which caused me to become agitated in the first place. I will admit, however, that two wrongs do not make a right, and I request that if I am still to be punished, so should the recorder for breaking FearRP in his own video.

As clearly stated in Rule #8:

Never harass and/or disrespect other players/staff.

Gaminglight does not tolerate bullying or targeting based on race, gender, sexuality, or other identities, nor racial slurs or anything that can be deemed offensive. Gaminglight has a zero-tolerance policy towards this type of conduct.

By reading the text of this rule, I have not broken it because:

• I was not "bullying or targeting based on race, gender, sexuality, or other identities, nor racial slurs or anything that can be deemed offensive" 
  • I was not "harass[ing] and/or disrespect[ing] other players/staff". I was simply upset at the situation where clearly the recorder of the video broke FearRP as described above.

I am deeply upset about using this word, and I sincerely apologize to anyone who was truly offended by it, but again, if you look at the context of the video, you can clearly see that I was not using the word to discriminate against anybody or anything. I was simply using the non hard-r variant to express my frustration with the situation.

~~

7 minutes ago, Parkland27 said:

but the only main reason why i warned you for LTAP was your past warns, you have LTAPed before.

Never have I ever received a warn or a ban (before this) in SCP-RP for any reason.

If you mean in PoliceRP, that is a bad excuse because the one LTAP warn from this server is over four years old. Clearly, over four years, you could use some of your common sense and deduce that people can and do change over time.

Also, as per the above video, I was clearly not in an admin sit when I disconnected, as explained in my OP.

15 minutes ago, biggie said:

Never have I ever received a warn or a ban (before this) in SCP-RP for any reason.

If you mean in PoliceRP, that is a bad excuse because the one LTAP warn from this server is over four years old. Clearly, over four years, you could use some of your common sense and deduce that people can and do change over time.

Also, as per the above video, I was clearly not in an admin sit when I disconnected, as explained in my OP.

your not wrong, you werent in a sit, but some may see it as a LTAP since you were told to stop and all this other stuff or blah blah. all im saying, its my take, and your past warns was the reason what you received a LTAP on my side, if they would like to change it, its fine, and if i fucked up, its my fault. 

-Support

I was the admin who just did the ban for Parkland.

You can't just say the N word, even if it ends the an 'A'. Take this time to reflect on and learn your mistakes and to not say it again. I see no point of shortening it since you only need to wait 5 more days.

david-goggins-lifting.gif

5 hours ago, biggie said:

Yes this is me. As you all can clearly see (hear?) in the video, I did not use the hard-r, which is what you are accusing me of.

Additionally, to reiterate my point, I did not say any words in such a way to be discriminatory towards anyone or any thing. As I've said previously, I was understandably upset regarding the circumstances of my capture. I am sure you've been in my shoes yourself, and as you know when someone gets upset, they say and do unjustified things out of frustration.

The recorder of this clip can, however, be seen breaking the rules as he clearly cuffed me without proper FearRP being met (3+ players WITH WEAPONS OUT, only 1 had a weapon out at the time of the cuffing, the guy on the left, the others were behind a closed door), which caused me to become agitated in the first place. I will admit, however, that two wrongs do not make a right, and I request that if I am still to be punished, so should the recorder for breaking FearRP in his own video.

As clearly stated in Rule #8:

By reading the text of this rule, I have not broken it because:

• I was not "bullying or targeting based on race, gender, sexuality, or other identities, nor racial slurs or anything that can be deemed offensive" 
  • I was not "harass[ing] and/or disrespect[ing] other players/staff". I was simply upset at the situation where clearly the recorder of the video broke FearRP as described above.

I am deeply upset about using this word, and I sincerely apologize to anyone who was truly offended by it, but again, if you look at the context of the video, you can clearly see that I was not using the word to discriminate against anybody or anything. I was simply using the non hard-r variant to express my frustration with the situation.

~~

-support

Using any slur AT ALL regardless of context or how it was said is against the server rules. The second clause of rule 8 states: "nor racial slurs or anything that can be deemed offensive" so even if its not bullying/targetting off race/gender/sexuality/identity/etc its still violating that rule per the second part of it.

+support for shortening to 7 days

Can't say any slur at all no matter if it's the hard r or not, even if used in a casual manner/not derogatory. 

Ban shortened to 7 days is appropriate, the warn should've been for LTARP/NITRP as they weren't in a staff sit.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

4 hours ago, Loaff said:

Can't say any slur at all no matter if it's the hard r or not, even if used in a casual manner/not derogatory. 

Ban shortened to 7 days is appropriate, the warn should've been for LTARP/NITRP as they weren't in a staff sit.

its mainly my fault on the LTAP, thought maybe he already knew what it was due to a warn in 9/2018, 2nd its really hard to tell if he was LTAPing, or NITRP LTARP, just 'n-word' then leaves. but then again, i wasnt aware LTARP was a thing until now, but then again, how would i know, he hadnt even contacted me which could of helped remove the LTAP and not place something else, but then again, he wasnt in a sit so its my fault.

7 hours ago, Loaff said:

This right here.

I'm not even sure how they came up with nine days, since LTAP would of made it 10.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

17 hours ago, Shin said:

-Support

I was the admin who just did the ban for Parkland.

You can't just say the N word, even if it ends the an 'A'. Take this time to reflect on and learn your mistakes and to not say it again. I see no point of shortening it since you only need to wait 5 more days.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF