Chad B - False Warn Report- Denied

Andre

Your In-game: Andre

The admin's name in-game: Chad B

The admin's steam name (If you know it): [GL]Chad B

What warning did you receive: Fail RP

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED): https://gaminglight.com/bans/player/76561198974928193

Why do you think this warn was false: I believe this warn is either false or accidental because I was not informed about the warning nor was I able to discuss my side of the situation. I was most likely AFK at the time of the warn therefore I feel that a warning is a bit excessive as I was not around to give my point of view. I've made reports on players in the past and they were not given any punishment as they went AFK, so was my situation really that serious that I deserved a warn even without my side of the story?

Any extra information: I do not know whether or not I was brought to a sit before receiving the warn but I feel if the staff member doesn't have evidence to prove this warn is valid, it should be removed.

Edited by Andre Lawrence
Edit Reason: Fixed an error

[Former Ranks] 

PD Sergeant Major

SRT Commander

UMC Manager 

In my personal opinion Chad should of reached out to you. Yes he could have argued that he didn't have your info but that doesn't mean that he couldn't remind himself to write everything down in notepad or set a reminder on their phone and got ahold of you late to finish the sit. This isn't a +support or a -support yet as I want to hear @Chad B's side of the story.

Edited by Simpinton

Honestly this was a little while ago I don't even remember this sit, ive taken 600+ sits since, chances are you went AFK on me or I saw video proof. I wouldnt warn without a valid reason.

PD Captain  Senior Moderator Late night minge patrol 

@Chad B do you still have the video? I don’t think it is fair that I have been warned without no information given to me, I didn’t notice the warn until 2 weeks later because no one informed me about it. Therefore I believe the warn should be revoked. How am I supposed to reflect from past mistakes and better myself if I wasn’t informed about what I did wrong?

Edited by Andre Lawrence

[Former Ranks] 

PD Sergeant Major

SRT Commander

UMC Manager 

51 minutes ago, beansbutbeans said:

no proof warn was false

How is this considered justified? 
If staff doesn’t have evidence to prove the warn is valid then how is it fair that I get warned without evidence?

I always try my best to follow the rules and if I get warned I want to reflect and change so I don’t get warned again but without being informed on how I broke Fail RP, I am unable to do that.

Edited by Andre Lawrence

[Former Ranks] 

PD Sergeant Major

SRT Commander

UMC Manager 

The exact same thing happened to me previously. Once i could agree that perhaps it was legitimate but i find it odd that someone else had this happen. However in my case it was denied for the reason i had no way to prove anything. Since the same is true here im gonna -support

However i will say that chad really should get in the habit of reaching out to people who are afk before warning. It saves a lot of trouble. Not to mention the fact that you also are required to get the other side of the argument as it clearly states in the staff handbook

Edited by Inactive

The Staff Handbook clearly says “When you decide to issue an individual a formal warning, you must inform the person that they are receiving a warning, as well as why a warning is being issued.”

I was not informed that I received a formal warning, leaving me unaware of the formal warn until 2 weeks after. I was also not informed on why the warning was issued. So if the Staff Handbook wasn’t followed, then how is the warning still valid?

[Former Ranks] 

PD Sergeant Major

SRT Commander

UMC Manager 

1 hour ago, Andre Lawrence said:

The Staff Handbook clearly says “When you decide to issue an individual a formal warning, you must inform the person that they are receiving a warning, as well as why a warning is being issued.”

I was not informed that I received a formal warning, leaving me unaware of the formal warn until 2 weeks after. I was also not informed on why the warning was issued. So if the Staff Handbook wasn’t followed, then how is the warning still valid?

This is more of a staff report issue than valid evidence of a false warn. If he didn't do his duties properly then it should be a staff report instead. I'm gonna stay neutral in this so -/+ support

I'm back

$427 Donated

I'm not gonna be as active as I was before

24 minutes ago, iZz said:

This is more of a staff report issue than valid evidence of a false warn. If he didn't do his duties properly then it should be a staff report instead. I'm gonna stay neutral in this so -/+ support

But how am I supposed to reflect from past mistakes and better myself if I wasn’t informed about what I did wrong?

I was not given any reasoning as to why I was issued a formal warn, so how am I able to make sure it doesn’t happen again if I wasn’t informed on why I received a warn?

If a staff member didn’t follow their Handbook when issuing a warn, shouldn’t that make the warning false?

Edited by Andre Lawrence

[Former Ranks] 

PD Sergeant Major

SRT Commander

UMC Manager 

+support

Even if the warn was valid. The staff handbook says

4). Get statements from all sides before rendering a decision.

Chad issued a warning without Andre side.

Chad should informed the player to take the video and report to the forums as Andre was afk.

Or just jailed Andre till he came back and continued the sit. 

EDIT: Also Staff Handbook says in issuing formal warnings 

When you decide to issue an individual a formal warning, you must inform the person that they are receiving a warning, as well as why a warning is being issued. When issuing the formal warning you should include all misconduct in a single warning, rather than issuing multiple warnings. 

The only warnings that a player might not know they received would be LTAP or LTARP.

Edited by Sourg
  • Thanks 1