Unban appeal Boscoe- Denied

Boscoe

1. Steam Name: Boscoe

2. Ingame Name: Boscoe

3. SteamID: 76561198146656185

4. Ban Length: Permanant

5. Admin that Banned you: Guar + King Shepard

6. Reason for Ban: DDoS Threats

7. Dispute: I was a stupid child making a bad joke at the time, I would appreciate an unban thanks! (And it's been like 4 years)

Edited by Boscoe

57 minutes ago, Boscoe said:

Actually its not illegal because it was stated as a joke, so next time you wanna act lawyer go on google. @Marshall Manjini

jokes in a way even if its stated as a "joke" can still be illegal, and next time you want to act like you know who you are talking about 😉 look in the directory of Indiana lawyers and search for my name

Edited by Marshall Manjini

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

48 minutes ago, Marshall Manjini said:

jokes in a way even if its stated as a "joke" can still be illegal, and next time you want to act like you know who you are talking about 😉 look in the directory of Indiana lawyers and search for my name

You still haven't proven anything with the keyword "can" lol, good try Gmod Attorney.

Edited by Boscoe

"DDoS threats are an Illegal cybercrime in the United States. A DDoS attack could be classified as a federal criminal offense under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA). The use of booter services and stressers also violates this act."

-Is DDoSing Illegal? | UpGuard

• Dislike 2

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

54 minutes ago, Marshall Manjini said:

"DDoS threats are an Illegal cybercrime in the United States. A DDoS attack could be classified as a federal criminal offense under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA). The use of booter services and stressers also violates this act."

-Is DDoSing Illegal? | UpGuard

I didn't make threats, I made a joke that was misinterpreted for a threat. Learn to not cherry-pick info 🙂

been honest your just taking this to another level, there is no proof saying you were joking, there is no proof of it been a fake thing or just a joke, so the ban at that time is valid and so it is until proven else.

unless there is clips,msgs, its still a invalid unban until shown proof so still

-support

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

31 minutes ago, _Pickle_ said:

-support

- DDOS threats and attacks are very serious and you also started a whole argument in the comment section

- I would not expect a unban anytime soon

SO Lieutenant Picke | Moderator | Gamemaster | Havoc AT PFC 

Manjini clearly started the argument, and DDOS threats are clearly not serious because banning a player does not prevent a DDOS attack even if a threat was serious (90% of threats are not)

33 minutes ago, _Pickle_ said:

-support

- DDOS threats and attacks are very serious and you also started a whole argument in the comment section

- I would not expect a unban anytime soon

SO Lieutenant Picke | Moderator | Gamemaster | Havoc AT PFC 

I didn't start the argument @Marshall Manjini did my accusing me of breaking the law, That is defamation. Read the thread first and you are banned at the time of writing this.

58 minutes ago, Marshall Manjini said:

been honest your just taking this to another level, there is no proof saying you were joking, there is no proof of it been a fake thing or just a joke, so the ban at that time is valid and so it is until proven else.

unless there is clips,msgs, its still a invalid unban until shown proof so still

-support

So you are so mad that you did  -support twice on my post because you realized you were lying and got called out. By a quick check on your post history you can clearly see all you do is -rep peoples post trying to get a promotion. so I suggest you go -rep some other post, Thanks!

Ok I’m not going to to talk about this any more after this last comment. Manjini did not start it as he was just saying his opinion and that’s what you do on forums. I wouldn’t recommend replying to people’s comments on your application. 

Edited by _Pickle_

13 minutes ago, _Pickle_ said:

Ok I’m not going to to talk about this any more after this last comment. Manjini did not start it as he was just saying his opinion and that’s what you do on forums. I wouldn’t recommend replying to people’s comments on your application. 

Its a ban appeal not an application... Do you even know what you are commenting on? lmao

- Support
- Arguing in your unban appeal...
- A threat is a threat,  how do we know that you weren't gonna ddos someone, then once you got banned you could just say it was a joke.

P.s. Arguing with someone in your unban appeal is not a good look.

Former: Grand General / Havoc Commander / ST Vice Commander

EX Imperial Army Branch Representative.

8 hours ago, SAINTY. said:

- Support
- A threat is a threat,  how do we know that you weren't gonna ddos someone, then once you got banned you could just say it was a joke.

-IC CMDR 1138 Boss -Senior Admin  -Senior Gamemaster 

8 hours ago, SAINTY. said:

- Support

Because it was a joke it was just misinterpreted as a threat. They have no proof I made threats either so... also the Mod literally lied on the thread.

Edited by Boscoe

15 hours ago, Marshall Manjini said:

-support

not trying to drag on a dead argument, but If the logic you are applying with "if there is no proof then its invalid" then shouldn't pickle stay banned because he DID MRDM? Most Ban Appeals don't come down to facts, and mostly come down to if someone deserves to be unbanned or not.

48 minutes ago, Trinity Trials said:

not trying to drag on a dead argument, but If the logic you are applying with "if there is no proof then its invalid" then shouldn't pickle stay banned because he DID MRDM? Most Ban Appeals don't come down to facts, and mostly come down to if someone deserves to be unbanned or not.

WELLLLLL YOU SEE IN FACT!!!! YOU ARE WRONG!!!

as you can read in that ban appeal its MRDM something are fellow thing called "logs" something we can proof and also a staff member that banned him should not have banned him meaning well... you are in fact wrong sir....

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

1 minute ago, Marshall Manjini said:

WELLLLLL YOU SEE IN FACT!!!! YOU ARE WRONG!!!

as you can read in that ban appeal its MRDM something are fellow thing called "logs" something we can proof and also a staff member that banned him should not have banned him meaning well... you are in fact wrong sir....

reading this gave me brain damage. You literally pointed out the fact that there IS logs of pickle committing MRDM, so how am I wrong? Sure, I personally don't think that he should be banned, however I was using him as an example of being subject to some bullshit logic you were using.

DENIED

Your account will not be recieving an unban, either because you are a blacklisted member, or because your ban is deemed valid by SMT

| EX Army HC for Imperial | EX DT SNR CMDR |  EX IC VCMDR SEV|
| EX Imperial Head Admin  | 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 |