Balloon False Warn Appeal- Denied

Inactive

The admin's name in-game: Balloon

The admin's steam name (If you know it): n/a

What warning did you receive: Fail RP

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED): [AWarn] You have been warned by Balloonhail [GL] 5E-15: FailRP
[AWarn] Type !warn to see a list of your warnings.

Why do you think this warn was false: At the time of the warn, my class was entirely broken and was made as a gov't class. I had already notified staff of the issue and was electing to comply with government when they wanted to arrest me. (I complied and went into the back of their car when "arrested"). I then tabbed out to deal with a staff issue in my discord server, when the people i was in a VC with told me that I had been apparently freed. I get out and wander over to see someone shooting down the cops that arrested me, and after approaching am repeatedly urged by the other two being arrested to assist. I do so and win, but later I am told that nobody had actually broken me out and am warned for assisting. The issue I have with this warn is quite simple. I had no fair way of actually knowing if I was freed. Normally when you're cuffed, you can VERY clearly tell when someone breaks you out of cuffs as the game literally stops you from using your inventory, but in my situation I literally couldn't tell. I don't feel that I should be warned for something I have so little control over. I did what I could to fix it. I notified staff about the bug. How is it fair to be warned when I don't have any way of knowing whether or not I'm breaking the rules because of a bug?

Any extra information: As many people likely will testify, I do not abuse glitches to gain myself or my family. That is not a reasonable way to play the game. I genuinely had no malicious intent to cheat or abuse a glitch at all. In light of this incident I will stop using that job until it is fixed

+support not the players fault A warn should not of been issued he thought he was broke out because someone helped him so how can he know if he is acutally broke out because he cant just get lock picked? someone shot the cops around him so what are they gonna do lockpick him cant lock pick him because he cannot be cuffed simple 

- Support
Staff Response: My side of the sit is that Prox White made a sit about the situation and show me this clip that is attached to my post. Whilst I was in a sit I was seeking a second opinion so I went to Travis and King which are both the rank of admin, while I was talking to them it was brought to my attention that Inactive was in a sit prior and already received a jail not to long prior to the sit being called. After the three of us reviewed the clip and considered the fact that he already received a staff punishment on a lesser level, we came to the conclusion that a warn was a proper response to the situation. 

Clip Context: In the clip provided Inactive is in the PD cruiser that is marked near the big hill. RGC Vector is helping RGC Anthony who is also in the car with BWA Lite. As you can see RGC Vector is attempting to help his family member and was no where near inactive as well as Vector never had the time to help inactive by pick locking him out of his handcuffs nor did he ever get remotely close to inactive's cruiser that he was held in as he was engaged in a gun fight until death. Regardless of the fact that you were in game or not you were still in an active RP situation making you accountable for your actions even if your friends were saying that you were "Freed" considering the fact that you know about the current bug with your CC you could have at least ensured the fact that vector RPed lock picking your player instead of just getting out of the PD cruiser and following what your friend said blindly, not only are you at fault of the situation that occurred but whoever was in a voice channel with you is also to blame as they gave you the wrong information and were directly involved with the situation
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/5wT4egje20xEy/WppKJSIZyJiu?invite=cr-MSxZSmosMjY1NDMzMzEs

SM Balloon 1A98/FBI Deputy Director Balloon RA5/State Major Balloon 1H02/CERT TL Balloon 1TL01/SPMU Head Patrolman Balloon 1HP01

Keep your head up and your eyes straight and everything will be fine

T MOD Oct 9-15/21  MODERATOR Oct 15 - Nov 5/21 SENIOR MOD Nov 21 - Dec 12/21 Admin Dec 12 - Jan 14/22 Senior Admin Jan 14 - Current

-Support

From what I see in the clip you were helping everyone, i.e. BWA and RGC in freeing them. However, as far as I know you are only allowed to assist family members though that is not the main focus here. If your cc is unable to be cuffed and you are in theory "cuffed," you should verify that information. If you were free then why would you be sitting in a police cruiser? Also from the video you had never called "Assist," prior to shooting at the officers. 

"
If your family was involved in committing a crime and a family member is actively being arrested you may type /advert assist to assist that family member, you must follow all rules with NLR and FailRP."

PD MSGT Retried FBI Assistant Director The Operator $100 Donator Gang UMC

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

+/- Support

I understand there is a bug but someone could have just done /me picklocks handcuffs and I dont think that would have been a problem at all considering your CC's current circumstances. In my opinion though its a very close call to issue a warn I dont believe the staff member is at fault if he was jailed recently. I also dont put you at fault for your CC's current circumstances. In the future I would do /me lockpicks handcuffs to not only rp the situation but also give staff access to logs indicating that the situation was rped. If you were previously jailed for the same offence than I believe this warn is valid and should stay. 

-Support

First off, evidence is pretty clear in the video from what I can see and reading ballons statement I can see this is pretty much a worthy of a warn. Also don't always believe what your friends say I would say becasue something could be to good to be true.

minisigforums.webp

The jail issued was for an unrelated seperate circumstance. It was not for the same reason as the warn

4 hours ago, Cole B. said:

+/- Support

I understand there is a bug but someone could have just done /me picklocks handcuffs and I dont think that would have been a problem at all considering your CC's current circumstances. In my opinion though its a very close call to issue a warn I dont believe the staff member is at fault if he was jailed recently. I also dont put you at fault for your CC's current circumstances. In the future I would do /me lockpicks handcuffs to not only rp the situation but also give staff access to logs indicating that the situation was rped. If you were previously jailed for the same offence than I believe this warn is valid and should stay.