A N U B I S

You must fill out this form in order to be considered for a unban.

1. Steam Name: A N U B I S

2. Ingame Name: Anubis

3. SteamID: STEAM_0:0:452475633

4. Ban Length: 7 days

5. Admin that Banned you: Meledits

6. Reason for Ban: Racism/Racist                                              Warn

7. Dispute: 

In downtime on imperial RP, i was just chilling ooc and played a couple songs through my soundboard in which i played tecnines ft rock "Faceoff". I was gagged, then was warned for 'Racist' and banned for 7 days for racism.

I need to insert the definition as it has lost its meaning and it seems if you listen to rap music you are labeled a racist.

[Not to mention the song had no targeted prejudice]

Racism:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

To be labeled a racist for playing a song is dumfounded in its stupidity. I suggest a serious revision on rules and guidelines. A verbal warning that hey don't play this or you cant play songs with the n word would be a better suited warning.

If this doesn't get accepted and the warn removed/nor consideration of this guideline/handbook is taken into account then you wont be seeing me again...

Staff should know what racism blatantly is, and words cant state how disgusted i am.

"Desecration, defamation, if you wanna bring it to the masses
Face to face, now we escalatin'"

I ain't a racist nor is anyone who listens to rap including the creators of rap type music, its a falsified defamatory remark and its disgusting to being called it.

Injustice ANYWHERE is a threat to justice EVERYWHERE

- MLK JR.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by A N U B I S

Moderator | Event Team | USMS | EMS 

Coffee Club Nurse GIF

4 minutes ago, Jaeger. said:

@Meledits1Your Thoughts on this 

I banned him because both Kile Hannad and I were talking and walked by them (there was a group but he was the only one micspamming at the time) and we were talking and we thought we heard the n word and stood nearby to confirm we actually did and hear if we could hear it again and we fully confirmed that he was playing a song that said the n word, unconfirmed the first time but second time was. I was on ISB at the time walking around the ISD when this happened. When I brought him into the sit I explain the severity of the situation and he was complying and he did confirm that there was n-word said in the song (once) but his reason for it is because its off time and since 20 people are on the server that he can mic spam and minge and get away with it. The song intotal says the N-word 7 times but we can only confirm hearing it once.

Current RP/Staff Ranks: Reserved/Retired

Previous Ranks: EX-ST Commander | Ex-SCTAL/SCTL I 3rd ID10 of The Month  ImperialRP Assistant Head Gamemaster | ImperialRP Admin Agent Gideon Hask IF2 

Team Chestbox Gang 

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Meledits1 said:

(once) but his reason for it is because its off time and since 20 people are on the server that he can mic spam and minge and get away with it. The song intotal says the N-word 7 times but we can only confirm hearing it once.

Can i see your guide handbook

Additionally, there were 15 people afk 5 were with me and i believe you two and two others who jumped on. I also stated it was the last little song i was playing and no intent of minging was involved hence the 5 people who were bored at like what 6am 

Not to mention i have literally witnessed staff who are white say that i will say the n word with my own voice [just not in game] aint no song shall i attatch that. You are all defending each other over here like police defending brutality yo what?

Shall i also define minging 

Edited by A N U B I S

Coffee Club Nurse GIF

+Support
Man was trying to listen to music, also you could've given this member a verbal warning as he has recently donated and is new to the server, in the bigger picture of things nobody reads the MOTD, Staff should be the ones enforcing it for sure, but enforcing a week ban onto somebody without them knowing they could play a song with a few N-Words in is not what I would expect from a community who treat there donators higher than regulars, from this understanding you should've given him a verbal and I'm sure he wouldn't of done it again.
Also this song is a meme song as it has the rock in it, which I find hilarious. Still a verbal warning should've been given as he had no intent of being 'Racist' and the song clearly is not racist, a little research does go a long way, he deserves an unban in my opinion.

Mel you didn't do anything wrong, you just did the basic response of 'Oh my god N-Word I must ban' which everyone understands, however as you said he was truthful, which is more of a reason he should be unbanned, nothing will come to you over this but hopefully this makes other staff realise that the N-Word isn't always racist, it is a cultural thing used in thousands of songs.

I also agree with Anubis, someone playing a song such as a Playboi carti song shouldn't be labelled as racist, it should just be mic spam, unless the song is blatantly racist, which is where the researching of the song would come in.

Current: 47th Duelist Euronymous 501st CMDR Pisces
Previous: SHGO Senior Guard Kuiyn | 501st HVYAL CPT Pisces 2223 | AO SubLT Pisces | GM VIII | Shore CQB SSGT Pisces TK2223 | DT SSGT WC1 | SO Lieutenant Nova | Purge BAL MAJ Pisces GB12
"
Wanna see how I got these warns?"

+Support
He didn't say the N-word nor is he racist, he is a great NCO and I fully believe that, who would've known I would've had to say this, but playing Face off by Dwayne The Rock Johnson isn't racist....

He only mic spammed and should be dealt with as such, though I do believe he should've been pulled aside and asked to play a version of the song that had the N-words edited out next time not banned for 7 days

Current: The Seventh Sister
                                                                    skeleton overlord GIF by Funimation

1 hour ago, Biggus Diggus FR01 said:

+Support
He didn't say the N-word nor is he racist, he is a great NCO and I fully believe that, who would've known I would've had to say this, but playing Face off by Dwayne The Rock Johnson isn't racist....

He only mic spammed and should be dealt with as such, though I do believe he should've been pulled aside and asked to play a version of the song that had the N-words edited out next time not banned for 7 days

3 hours ago, Mr.E said:

+Support
Man was trying to listen to music, also you could've given this member a verbal warning as he has recently donated and is new to the server, in the bigger picture of things nobody reads the MOTD, Staff should be the ones enforcing it for sure, but enforcing a week ban onto somebody without them knowing they could play a song with a few N-Words in is not what I would expect from a community who treat there donators higher than regulars, from this understanding you should've given him a verbal and I'm sure he wouldn't of done it again.
Also this song is a meme song as it has the rock in it, which I find hilarious. Still a verbal warning should've been given as he had no intent of being 'Racist' and the song clearly is not racist, a little research does go a long way, he deserves an unban in my opinion.

Mel you didn't do anything wrong, you just did the basic response of 'Oh my god N-Word I must ban' which everyone understands, however as you said he was truthful, which is more of a reason he should be unbanned, nothing will come to you over this but hopefully this makes other staff realise that the N-Word isn't always racist, it is a cultural thing used in thousands of songs.

I also agree with Anubis, someone playing a song such as a Playboi carti song shouldn't be labelled as racist, it should just be mic spam, unless the song is blatantly racist, which is where the researching of the song would come in.

+Support. Honestly I work with anubis a lot he's a good apple. He just made a mistake with the song and with its contexts. As well as his solid proof reasoning why he shouldn't get banned. It is also his first offense that was a mistake. I feel like he does deserve a second chance. 

Former | High Inquisitor | Field Commander | Second Sister | Eighth Brother 

play piano GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

CURRENT DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF THE ISB-GL

9 hours ago, Mr.E said:

+Support

7 hours ago, Biggus Diggus FR01 said:

+Support

6 hours ago, Sir Azrael said:

+Support. Honestly I work with anubis a lot he's a good apple. He just made a mistake with the song and with its contexts. As well as his solid proof reasoning why he shouldn't get banned. It is also his first offense that was a mistake. I feel like he does deserve a second chance. 

Current: ST Pvt
EX Head Admin
EX Gamemaster Overseer / Head Game Master
EX Inferno Squadron Commander

-Support 

-it dose not matter if it was a song any song being mic spammed with then N-word is still racism “no it dose not  consider you a racist it is still a racism ban.

The staff handbook doesn't need to be fixed if you read the MTOD then you would know spamming anything like that would be. A warm and ban for racism.

The ban should still stand you may not be racist but what you did is still considered racist 

Edited by benjacobs034
  • Dislike 1

-IC CMDR 1138 Boss -Senior Admin  -Senior Gamemaster 

13 hours ago, benjacobs034 said:

-Support 

-it dose not matter if it was a song any song being mic spammed with then N-word is still racism “no it dose not  consider you a racist it is still a racism ban.

The staff handbook doesn't need to be fixed if you read the MTOD then you would know spamming anything like that would be. A warm and ban for racism.

The ban should still stand

you may not be racist but what you did is still considered racist 

It worry's me you are a senior admin and have this such belief, extremely concerning to say the least. Nothing i did was or even qualifies to be racist you cannot say you may not be a racist or playing rap is considered racist. If you truly have these views and deem them appropriate 'with then N-word is still racism' , you basically deem an African American who plays SWRP, racist as he will receive a ban for having the N word non hard r in their vocabulary and accidentally or unknowingly slip up the word. The staff then would call him a racist and ban him, like hello is this the welcoming community you strive for.

I can only explain it to you, not understand it for you. Your comments in discord were also worrisome.

This was my first offence ever[shouldn't be a ban at all.] and it was harmless, you'd rather let people who MRDM a verbal then banning a someone for unknowingly playing a meme song with a couple non hard r n words that i again unknowingly did not even know a rule of no N word songs was even in place as its like my first two weeks in the server.

Anyway it is highly concerning and i wish there is people who do not think like you, which i see above. I hope that no one with this kind of scenario is never deemed a punishment by you or a sit by you. I also hope that this event can change things for members in the future.

Not to mention i have witnessed personally members of staff say that i will say the n word just not in game, which is disgusting and unprofessional. He was present when i got banned. 

I'd also like to add thanks for the support guys, i honestly wasn't even informed on the rule nor ever given a verbal [not even a single chance was given] or addressed at the situation. I'd also like to add the staff member who banned me rather than quickly stopping me and telling me, hey make sure your song doesn't have any n-words as we don't allow this kind of thing, he waited until the song played through and another n word was said by the artist in the feature. Which is highly disappointing, and the problem would of been quickly resolved i would +rep any staff who did that honestly.

Mans some make me flip, for the last time general rap is not racist, yall seriously needa change the wording in the rules, it is so vague and severely wrong. The term racism and racist is incorrectly used and god damm there was no rp even on the server was dead, people were boutta leave due to boredom. Call it what you wanna when you staff decide to have fun in dead hours then how about i place a report on some of you, mainly those who have the belief criticize you like seriously what?

I witnessed one of your staff members say they will say the n word, hard r non rap and white folk just not in the game, this is the type of staff you have on and not all are bad but like seriously?.  

Edited by A N U B I S

Coffee Club Nurse GIF

17 hours ago, Mr.E said:

+Support

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

On 12/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, Meledits1 said:

I banned him because both Kile Hannad and I were talking and walked by them (there was a group but he was the only one micspamming at the time) and we were talking and we thought we heard the n word and stood nearby to confirm we actually did and hear if we could hear it again and we fully confirmed that he was playing a song that said the n word, unconfirmed the first time but second time was. I was on ISB at the time walking around the ISD when this happened. When I brought him into the sit I explain the severity of the situation and he was complying and he did confirm that there was n-word said in the song (once) but his reason for it is because its off time and since 20 people are on the server that he can mic spam and minge and get away with it. The song intotal says the N-word 7 times but we can only confirm hearing it once.

Im in a way in a sticky position, because yes in a way this is full racism, and in a way even though its just a "song" you still have put a song out that HAS the n word, meaning that its a valid ban, i dont see anything wrong in what mel has done, in my POV

BUT!!!!

if it was once, and the guy seems new i would give him a warn and tell him NEVER to do it again (this would be me, but again MEL HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG)

so this is a +support

just please next time dont do this again, it ruins RP and also makes us do something that staff does not want to warn or ban people for this things....

• Sad 1

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

ACCEPTED

Please allow up to 2 hours before your account is unbanned. If you wait 2 hours and no unban has occurred, please contact one of the servers Head Admin's

| EX Army HC for Imperial | EX DT SNR CMDR |  EX IC VCMDR SEV|
| EX Imperial Head Admin  | 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 |