SCP-1245-2 Test

Salamander Guy

image.png.d77c2faaa519313c772c270d36f71fdf.png

Researcher October, Assistant Researcher Bob, Junior Researcher Lampert

SCP-1245-2

Will SCP-1245-2's SOS signal rate increase/decrease with change in emotional distress?

For background research, see here:

https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1245

(Our SCP Universe allows SCP-1245-2 to give out an "SOS signal every 15-20 minutes")

Hypothesis:

Due to the nature of SCP-1245-2, disturbing it through emotional means, whether it be taunting or shooting it, will increase the frequency of its SOS signal,

ONLY IF THE SOS SIGNAL SOURCE DIRECTLY CORRELATES TO THE ACTIVE CONCIOUSNESS OF SCP-1245-2!

If this is true, containment procedures for a future breach may change. If SCP-1245-2 engages in combat, or is directly communicating with another entity,

we would be able to tell due to the change in pace of signal due to emotional distress/release.

Observations (What Happened During Test):

All personnel involved listened to their radios. We recorded the base rate the SOS signal was sent through the channels: 15-20 minutes.

We were able to establish contact with this instance of SCP-1245-2, and confirmed that we were able to enrage it through taunting and other various phrases.

I'd have to redact too many words if I included a full summary of what was said, so use your imagination to think of what young scientists would say to an anomaly in order to piss it off.

Then use your imagination to imagine what an anomaly would say back if it were enraged (yikes).

After 10 minutes of taunting, we listened to our radios

There was no change. My hypothesis was wrong.

SCP-1245-2 broke containment after being taunted for too long. It threw its weapon, a harpoon, through the containment cell glass entirely. This requires further study.

D-Class that we brought along heroically picked up SCP-1245-2's harpoon and attempted to injure the SCP in order to save us, but missed.

(Unfortunately, SCP-1245-2 caught the MTF Guard and dismembered his corpse as he screamed for help.)

In that instant, I used my self-defense weapon to neutralize SCP-1245-2 and recontained it successfully.

We concluded the test from there.

As you can see, we are lucky that we only had one instance of SCP-1245-2. More would have caused a rather nasty situation.

Contrary to what I thought, the SOS signal rate did not change. 

Upon further analysis, we have concluded that the SOS signal is not directly connected to SCP-1245-2's emotional consciousness. Because of this, we predict that the SOS signal is being sent through SCP-1245-2 via an outside source. Perhaps it is SCP-1245? Further testing is suggested.

Even though my hypothesis was not correct, we learned valuable information that may uncover the whereabouts of SCP-1245.