Staff report-Mr Yobo- Denied

PowerfulSpecimen

Your In-Game Name: STD richard helmet

Your SteamID: 76561198799330984

Staff member's In-Game Name: Mr Yobo

What did they do? Made me change my name from "STD dick helmet' even though i have had this name since i started playing on here a few months ago. He said "because this is a family friendly server", however this game is rated M and everybody in the game swears every other sentence. This is less important but i also think he might be picking on me and my clan because right afterward he raided my base and then made me delete a fading door later because i had one more than the maximum fading doors even though 4 people live in my base. The fading door also wasnt even owned by me.

Evidence (REQUIRED): Not much to present here but you can ask Mr Yobo 

What do you think is an acceptable punishment? no punishment, i just want my name back

My Side

I simply asked you to change your name from "STD Dick Helmet" to any thing other than Dick..

I was approached by a player asking if I could do anything about it as they felt the name was inappropriate and they did not like it.
To their understanding you weren't allowed names that were inappropriate I simply acted upon this as this person who reported it to me was in fact a Child.
I did not punish you for this I just enforced a name change from "Dick"

Adding on to your comment about your base.
I have video evidence of your base having 6 Fading doors. 
I simply enforced that your base needed to follow the basing rules to which you got upset and claimed I was "Picking on you"
I did not punish you for this as your base mate removed the 2 extra fading doors.

I do not believe a Staff Report is needed for something like this.

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

-Support

Just don’t put dick in your name…

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

[+/-] - > -Supportimage.png.f4b7f76f2444f43db5c712e8bb49b596.png

As it states above, that -  This server is designed for a mature audience - Gaminglight PRP MOTD

After checking the MOTD, I couldn't find anything relating to naming rules. However as said above, this server is designed for a "mature audience", I am going to speculate that there is a reason for that warning. Which is foreshadowing that adult/inappropriate language is permitted outside the certain blacklisted words, such as derogatory slurs. As I have observed, the word "dick" has been used on the server many times, in different situations. If someone wants to have his name as "dick helmet", it's kinda weird but it's doesn't seemed to be defined in the server rules. The warning in the MOTD does alert players to expect adult language.  When you connect to the server, you agree to the MOTD therefore the child that reported the issue should've read the MOTD and understood that. Not to mention, they shouldn't really be on GMOD in the first place. This may seem like +support, but It will remain as a +/- due to the fact this staff report was even filed, and because the MOTD doesn't define naming rules.  I do not believe that this staff member should be punished, as he was acting on what he thought was right and wanted to keep the environment comfortable for the player base. 

I have experience as a Trust & Safety consultant across servers, and have coordinated with other T&S sub-departments, such as Discord's T&S & Facepunch Studios Support Team. Both of these organisations have a terms of service like our MOTD they dictate what is allowed on the platform and what you agree to when you join their platform. The MOTD defines the intended audience of the server, as I stated in my previous points. I just suggest that SMT define more in their MOTD,  to avoid situations like this. I don't know if there is a punishment guideline for staff that has "inappropriate name" as an offense that can be moderated if so it's not defined in the public MOTD so the player is not at fault. If that is the case, then I just wonder how much punishable offenses are not defined in the MOTD.

Edit: 
[-Support]
I was in class when I wrote this up, so I was distracted but it had me thinking about the name that you choose to name yourself and knowing from past experience those type of name choices usually mean that they are either just trying to be funny, no intent to role play, or just a minge in general. I have done some checking of your warns, and I am just astonished how you haven't been banned yet, I will not defend someone that violates the server seeming like on a every other day basis.
image.thumb.png.6d68d702370c7bc7f1a6f948432c670d.png

Edited by Fitz

SCP-RP: - GenSec Enlisted (LCPL)
PRP: (Former) - | State & DOC Command | SPMU Master Patrolman | CERT Sergeant |

-Support

First this is petty. We do have a lot of children playing on the server so you should have some sort of respect towards them by keeping the names friendly, as most others do.

Second you admitted to breaking the MOTD by having 6 doors and not all of them owned by yourself as the base owner.

Current

Assistant Chief || DF LCPL || Police RP Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Master Sergeant

15 hours ago, Lime King said:

-Support
-not worthy of a staff report petty af

spacer.png                                                                

Former SCO19 Chief Inspector Sergeant Major                                                                                      

-support? (honestly im kinda lost as to the purpose of this and what you wanted out of the report...)

He gave you a verbal for the fail base, who cares, your family member removed the doors, just carry on with the rp.

As for the name issue if your not erp-ing, harassing people, minging, or other rule breaking stuff, I couldn't care less what your name is. If the player had the forethought that "dick" was an inappropriate word, then I would hope to guess they also have the capacity to be explained what this server is, who its for, and that not all of the internet is a happy clean place, that's their (well their  parents) problem. By this logic we might as well outlaw any type of profaned or derogatory word in the server (I mean I hear "fuck" or "bitch" a lot more than "dick" in prp) whenever someone underage enters the server. Im sure Yobo had good intentions with the kid, but this isnt what we should be concerned about.

A staff report for something small like this isnt what reports are for, if you disagreed with Yobo, asking for a superior staff for a second opinion, or maybe dming another staffer with the question probably would've been better.

LTThayzeproper.png.4c289949530f0c6553353cabf72af743.png

Aviation fanatic and all things loud

Also some random discord mod  in a far away world