Forums Suggestion - Josh- Denied

𝙹𝚘𝚜𝚑

Recently, Ive realized that I cant set my pfp to a .gif anymore. I was able to and now im not despite the fact its under the max mb's and is under the format of .gif
65126915_Screenshot2021-11-30195655.thumb.png.e1ff080769f4a4f28d2543d0f20b8526.png

I then went into TS and talked with some JMT members and forum diplomats, and we kinda came to the conclusion of when I had my pfp as a gif, I was staff at the time. Seemingly only staff can have animated pfps and this is just kinda weird, as it does say "accpeted file types: gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, webp,"
If this could be fixed or added where members can have animated pfp's, that would be great!

Currently SM Josh 1B65 | Trooper Josh 1T
"A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better then a master of one"
Recently retired USM CPT, Deputy Head Dispatcher, Police RP Moderator, POL Level 10 (High Com), CPT Josh 1L65 and SCU SGT Josh 1R65 | Staffing: Ex Senior Moderator IMPRP - Retired Moderator PRP x2, MILRP - Retired Event team IMPRP, MILRP | Biggest Ranks: Retired Storm Trooper Vice Commander - Retired COL USMC MARSOC and FORECON Head - CPT+ in all branch's of US in MILRP - Experience in 9 different Departments PRP | Member Since late 2018

15 hours ago, Vader said:

+Support

Yes please I think people that are not staff want to have a gif in the pfp too

I would really like to use one too but it doesent allow me 😞

spacer.png                                                                

Former SCO19 Chief Inspector Sergeant Major                                                                                      

On 12/2/2021 at 12:55 AM, Vader said:

+Support

Yes please I think people that are not staff want to have a gif in the pfp too

I would really like to use one too but it doesent allow me 😞

Former Stormtrooper Captain
Former Nova Commander Comet 
Former Admin | Former GM Tick X

spacer.png

The reason behind this is simple, if our entire forums user base was able to set an animation as their PFP, the website would slow down tremendously as all of those images have to be constantly refreshed and loaded. While a small perk, it is one that is associated with becoming a staff member

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017

Denied

First of all, I would like to thank you for your suggestion! Our community truly runs off of suggestions and it is much appreciated. For the reasons stated above this suggestion has been denied because we do not believe that it will benefit the community or can have foreseeable related issues. 

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017