General Suggestion - Increasing Sarkic NLR to 3 mins [Completed]

Nydekore

What are you suggesting? - changing Sarkics NLR timer from 2 mins to 3 mins

How would this change better the server? - Surface combat is very open and sarkics spawn near very important buildings. It only makes sense that they wait the same amount of time as CI and E11 before leaving their spawn

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Sarkics may not like waiting this extra minute

Who would this change mostly benefit? - E11/CI/RFA

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

+Support

"unless specified below must wait 2 minutes in their spawn location after respawning from an accidental or combat death before returning to play."

Imagine forgetting Sarkic lol

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

33 minutes ago, SnarledBison said:

Wait it's not 3 minutes? I've always thought it was.

+support 

Perhaps it’s clerical error but as Pills pointed out it’s currently 2 per MOTD

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

2 hours ago, SnarledBison said:

Wait it's not 3 minutes? I've always thought it was.

+support 

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

+ Support

Why is it 2 in the first place? 

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Pills said:

+Support

"unless specified below must wait 2 minutes in their spawn location after respawning from an accidental or combat death before returning to play."

Imagine forgetting Sarkic lol

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

9 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

+ Support

Why is it 2 in the first place? 

Remember back in Nam when their hit box was the size of a tank, yeah, that was the reason 

Edited by Some Weeb
  • Laughing 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support

Unlike the aforementioned CI and E11, Sarkic aren't an organized branch. They are rarely seen in large numbers on the server, they don't have any comms and don't have any centralized command, therefore have a smaller influence on the server compared to the actual branches. I believe the way it is right now is balanced allowing Sarkic to have more of an edge in terms of NLR times as well as their equipment and altered combat rules whereas the others have more members to compensate for it. Sarkic needs to have these advantages otherwise I don't think people would really want to play on it and would rather play on the other branches I mentioned before or other jobs.

Fear, full of hate perforates me like a yellowjacket.

1 hour ago, Pisces said:

-Support

Unlike the aforementioned CI and E11, Sarkic aren't an organized branch. They are rarely seen in large numbers on the server, they don't have any comms and don't have any centralized command, therefore have a smaller influence on the server compared to the actual branches. I believe the way it is right now is balanced allowing Sarkic to have more of an edge in terms of NLR times as well as their equipment and altered combat rules whereas the others have more members to compensate for it. Sarkic needs to have these advantages otherwise I don't think people would really want to play on it and would rather play on the other branches I mentioned before or other jobs.

As someone who’s been playing sarkic a lot lately, the incentive to play it is to blow people up. An extra minute of waiting isn’t going to hinder that much, if at all. It’s frustrating to try going to do anything on surface just to be forced into killing a sarkic and then rinse and repeat every 2 minutes. 

Edited by Nydekore

13 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

As someone who’s been playing sarkic a lot lately, the incentive to play it is to blow people up. An extra minute of waiting isn’t going to hinder that much, if at all. It’s frustrating to try going to do anything on surface just to be forced into killing a sarkic and then rinse and repeat every 2 minutes. 

I'm not saying that it solely relies on the NLR timer, what I am saying is that it is one of the balancing factors between Sarkic and the branches. If we start to slowly remove them then there will not be any reason to play on the clearly inferior job. As I said before I believe there is a good balance at the moment and it doesn't need to be altered.

+support all combatants should have a 3 minute nlr as it says in the motd the only classes that should have 2 minutes are noncombatants and sarkic is no diffrent than ci or e11 besides from not being in a branch they still have the equipment now to where if they got anything less than 3 minutes it would be to easy to counter combatants on surface with their 3 minute nlr due to them being able to suicide bomb and still wait less than the people who cant suicide bomb/ dont have a insta kill swep like the c4

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

1 hour ago, frog said:

+support all combatants should have a 3 minute nlr as it says in the motd the only classes that should have 2 minutes are noncombatants and sarkic is no diffrent than ci or e11 besides from not being in a branch they still have the equipment now to where if they got anything less than 3 minutes it would be to easy to counter combatants on surface with their 3 minute nlr due to them being able to suicide bomb and still wait less than the people who cant suicide bomb/ dont have a insta kill swep like the c4

It doesn't say in the MOTD that only noncombatants should have 2min NLR. GenSec have a 2 minute NLR (Except for CCs), GenSec LightWeight have 1 minute NLR, D-Class CCs have 1 minute NLR. As I said before the MTF and CI can compensate by having more people online, only 2 people from sarkic have the C4 and the Rocket Launcher at a time.

Edited by Pisces

3 hours ago, Pisces said:

I'm not saying that it solely relies on the NLR timer, what I am saying is that it is one of the balancing factors between Sarkic and the branches. If we start to slowly remove them then there will not be any reason to play on the clearly inferior job. As I said before I believe there is a good balance at the moment and it doesn't need to be altered.

I’d hardly call a job that could kill you instantly by killing itself and waiting the same amount of NLR while crushing your play at your current objective “inferior”. I get where you’re coming from but Sarkics are really good in surface combat right now, they should not be able to repeatedly come back quicker with equal if not better weaponry and an instacuff swep

• 2 weeks later...