General Suggestion - Decreasing TTK - Denied

Orange 🍊

Some guns (like Snipers, DMRs, Some Ar's[Like the AK's and some others] and some SMGs) need to be buffed because if a 50.Cal BMG enters your skull your head would be gone. not a minor scratch

others like Scoped ARs and shotguns are perfectly fine in their current state

Neutral support but leaning towards a +

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

On 11/26/2021 at 8:09 PM, Toasterr said:

+Support
Current TTK is way too long and makes combat boring and stale

Summed up perfectly.

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

On 11/27/2021 at 7:32 AM, Southpaw said:

+Support

Certain weapons need a serious buff 

*Cough* Snipers

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

+support

With the lag on the server having shots that do land actually do damage would be great.

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

+ Support

This meta reminds me of the division 1.3 update with how much of a tank everyone is. Snipers take nearly 6 shots to kill, ARs and SMGs take around 2-3 mags, and don’t even get me started on shotguns and melee weapons. 

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

On 11/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

+support guns just don't do damage anymore and snipers are no longer affective.

+support gold golf clubs have seriously tipped the balance of fights and should be balanced out with guns doing more damage

Edited by 1stSavagerY

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

+Support

Long TTK excuses ridiculous movement, bad positioning and lazy combat tactics.

It's also devastated snipers. The longbow was considered 'ok' before now it's a complete joke.

Minge | Stop calling me Captain Price | "Crazy New Zealander" | 'Stubborn' | Evidently Controversial 

On 11/26/2021 at 8:58 PM, Sixx said:

+/- Support

I believe certain weapons are in need of an overall buff, such as snipers, but I don't agree with an overall buff to weapon DMG. Similar to what Colt did with Shotguns, I believe some more testing is in order and he can change to what he sees fit. ARs and Shotguns are in a fine state as is, that's primarily why im +/- Supporting. 

I will say it’s completely unnecessary buffing all of it again 

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

To elaborate to why i think most people want a higher TTK and dislike the current system:

-Preparedness and ambushes became completely irrelevant, as first shot value has little to no value because the damage is so pitiful that a majority of the time it doesn't make a difference.

-Guns with inconsistent damage and hitreg such as shotguns and snipers became even more inconsistent and painful to use because of low per shot damage.

-Completely buffed certain classes and branches in specific contexts. CI and D-Class become significantly more powerful in groups, but gensec and MTF become indomitable when coordinated and together.

>Trying to hold back or pick off certain combatants (In lack of better terms) is fucking impossible because there is of course no damage cap; whatever side has the most guns will always win. its impossible for flank tactics in any scenario, especially in small groups.

-Movement was already annoying enough but with %75 damage reduction on limb shots, constant no regs, and now much lower damage, most 1v1's become stalemates and most of the time the respective parties will just retreat and heal.

-Virtually no punishment for overextending or poor positioning, and no benefit for the reverse. As stated above, whoever is the best at PVP, and whoever has the most guns is always going to win regardless on their surroundings.

I've stated it before, but combat Should be punishing. Not to the effect that combat feels like simple mistakes can kill you instantly, but to the point where people are punished for poor planning and positioning so they can learn. Currently the system simply favors who has the best movement, who has the best aim, ETC, and from someone with a decent amount of experience with open Gmod pvp, giving inexperienced players the ability to have a chance to win against someone who has better aim leads to more people being interested, and leads to more advanced tactics being developed. Nobody wants to fight when all that's going to happen is you losing despite you having the clear position advantage. First shot advantage matters, and its time to start favoring those who are prepared rather than those who simply have more mechanical skill

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 1:16 PM, Catalyst said:

To elaborate to why i think most people want a higher TTK and dislike the current system:

-Preparedness and ambushes became completely irrelevant, as first shot value has little to no value because the damage is so pitiful that a majority of the time it doesn't make a difference.

-Guns with inconsistent damage and hitreg such as shotguns and snipers became even more inconsistent and painful to use because of low per shot damage.

-Completely buffed certain classes and branches in specific contexts. CI and D-Class become significantly more powerful in groups, but gensec and MTF become indomitable when coordinated and together.

>Trying to hold back or pick off certain combatants (In lack of better terms) is fucking impossible because there is of course no damage cap; whatever side has the most guns will always win. its impossible for flank tactics in any scenario, especially in small groups.

-Movement was already annoying enough but with %75 damage reduction on limb shots, constant no regs, and now much lower damage, most 1v1's become stalemates and most of the time the respective parties will just retreat and heal.

-Virtually no punishment for overextending or poor positioning, and no benefit for the reverse. As stated above, whoever is the best at PVP, and whoever has the most guns is always going to win regardless on their surroundings.

I've stated it before, but combat Should be punishing. Not to the effect that combat feels like simple mistakes can kill you instantly, but to the point where people are punished for poor planning and positioning so they can learn. Currently the system simply favors who has the best movement, who has the best aim, ETC, and from someone with a decent amount of experience with open Gmod pvp, giving inexperienced players the ability to have a chance to win against someone who has better aim leads to more people being interested, and leads to more advanced tactics being developed. Nobody wants to fight when all that's going to happen is you losing despite you having the clear position advantage. First shot advantage matters, and its time to start favoring those who are prepared rather than those who simply have more mechanical skill

Sums up the current combat system perfectly

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

• 1 month later...