Pure's Ban Appeal

Pure

Steam Name: Pure

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:531763929

Ingame Name: Pure

Ban Length: 1 week

Admin that Banned you: Console

Reason for Ban: Racism 

Dispute: Ik some of you might not have expected me to make a ban appeal for racism BUT i have an explanation for this, Around 8:50-9AM in the morning i had left the house to the store to go get stuff for thanksgiving, Before i left i let my cousin play on the server but keep in mind i could have also said no, When i did return he told me that he got me banned for a week i believed him this man(Cousin) always had caused some type of trouble for me i didn't know y i was banned at the moment until Yato told it was for racism, I'm sorry for what he did i will take full responsibility for it since i was the one who let him even touch my PC , I'm not asking you to believe me all im asking for is a little bit of trust or not even. ik its partially my fault but the other half is not ik the actions he took or what he sent is not ok and i can ensure u it wont happen ever again.

Thank you for ur time and happy thanksgiving ❤️

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

Well, normally I'm one of the first to -Support these types of ban appeals, BUT this won't be the case this time and this is why:

1. In the month's that I've gotten to know Pure, I've learned that doing something like this is simply not part of his character. He follows the rules and is always very respectful to others and easy to be around. There's no reason on why he would suddenly make a racist comment out of the blue.

2. For us Americans, it's Thanksgiving and a big part of that is having family over. I'm sure a good portion of you reading this knows what it's like to have all your aunts, uncles, cousins, etc all over at your place and I think we all know that they want to play with your stuff. In this case, I believe Pure when he says that his cousin did it because on Thanksgiving, it makes sense.

3. Let's look at Pure's warn/ban history:

https://gaminglight.com/bans/player/76561199023793586

You will see absolutely no other warns or bans. Additionally, the ONLY punishments that I was able to find on the punishment roster were from 3-4 months ago. One was a removal from CI military for failing the recruit trial period (inactivity) in August and one was for inactivity in Nu-7 on the first of July. It's safe to say that this guy doesn't cause trouble.

4. Pure has an open staff app. It makes no sense for someone with a perfect record to suddenly do a U-Turn and be stupid enough to make a racist comment in chat. Not to mention, Pure knows that if you say something racist in chat that it will lead to an instant ban. If he decided to break the rules, why would he do something that would 100% ban him the second he did it? That sounds like someone else that doesn't know our system went on and decided to be stupid.

+Support for the removal of the ban.

Additional +Support for a bonk on the head for letting his cousin touch his stuff.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

1 minute ago, Pillercat said:

Well, normally I'm one of the first to -Support these types of ban appeals, BUT this won't be the case this time and this is why:

1. In the month's that I've gotten to know Pure, I've learned that doing something like this is simply not part of his character. He follows the rules and is always very respectful to others and easy to be around. There's no reason on why he would suddenly make a racist comment out of the blue.

2. For us Americans, it's Thanksgiving and a big part of that is having family over. I'm sure a good portion of you reading this knows what it's like to have all your aunts, uncles, cousins, etc all over at your place and I think we all know that they want to play with your stuff. In this case, I believe Pure when he says that his cousin did it because on Thanksgiving, it makes sense.

You will see absolutely no other warns or bans. Additionally, the ONLY punishments that I was able to find on the punishment roster were from 3-4 months ago. One was a removal from CI military for failing the recruit trial period (inactivity) in August and one was for inactivity in Nu-7 on the first of July. It's safe to say that this guy doesn't cause trouble.

4. Pure has an open staff app. It makes no sense for someone with a perfect record to suddenly do a U-Turn and be stupid enough to make a racist comment in chat. Not to mention, Pure knows that if you say something racist in chat that it will lead to an instant ban. If he decided to break the rules, why would he do something that would 100% ban him the second he did it? That sounds like someone else that doesn't know our system went on and decided to be stupid.

Additional +Support for a bonk on the head for letting his cousin touch his stuff.

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

6 minutes ago, Pillercat said:

Just watch out next time man

Edited by ShadowPL

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

43 minutes ago, Pillercat said:

Current Ranks: N/A

Former Ranks: CI SFTO HLS Major D4 Ambrose IV RRH Guardian Romeo 13   SCP-RP Senior Admin RFM EXM CCU 

CC's: MTF E11 'Last Call' CI Recon Force Frank West MTF Sigma 66 Trooper CI TF2 Heavy Security Elite Sniper  The Mets Farmer Jakub

+ Support

Now how do we ban Pure's cousin IRL? 🤔

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Pillercat said:

smh pure

Frfr

I'm gonna say +Support

But I do find this possible to - as well, as no matter what you are responsible for your account. Many times this has been the story for people and they have still been banned.  I'm just taking others consideration in this.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

-Support

I hate to be that guy however your still responsible for what takes place on your machine. Nonetheless your account was banned for racism because whoever was controlling it made a racist comment, other members of Gaminglight have had a similar reason to get un-banned and it was denied. 

• Like 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Jack S said:

But I do find this possible to - as well, as no matter what you are responsible for your account. Many times this has been the story for people and they have still been banned.  I'm just taking others consideration in this.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

2 hours ago, Pillercat said:

I am trying not to be disrespectful (believe me I am trying)

But this whole thing seems like a slurry of excuses, abusing an American holiday to excuse one's actions, using his clean record, using the fact he's been a good person.

Believe me I think pure is a nice guy however it would be remiss of me to completely disregard all the other ban appeals in which this same instance happened and it got denied. I feel as though accepting this would be a giant "Fuck you" to all those other people who have done this exact thing and got told " Ur account ur fault bozo". 

-Support. 

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

1 hour ago, Some Weeb said:

I am trying not to be disrespectful (believe me I am trying)

But this whole thing seems like a slurry of excuses, abusing an American holiday to excuse one's actions, using his clean record, using the fact he's been a good person.

Believe me I think pure is a nice guy however it would be remiss of me to completely disregard all the other ban appeals in which this same instance happened and it got denied. I feel as though accepting this would be a giant "Fuck you" to all those other people who have done this exact thing and got told " Ur account ur fault bozo". 

-Support. 

Free From GL ❤️

3 hours ago, Pure said:

Steam Name: Pure

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:531763929

Ingame Name: Pure

Ban Length: 1 week

Admin that Banned you: Console

Reason for Ban: Racism 

Dispute: Ik some of you might not have expected me to make a ban appeal for racism BUT i have an explanation for this, Around 8:50-9AM in the morning i had left the house to the store to go get stuff for thanksgiving, Before i left i let my cousin play on the server but keep in mind i could have also said no, When i did return he told me that he got me banned for a week i believed him this man(Cousin) always had caused some type of trouble for me i didn't know y i was banned at the moment until Yato told it was for racism, I'm sorry for what he did i will take full responsibility for it since i was the one who let him even touch my PC , I'm not asking you to believe me all im asking for is a little bit of trust or not even. ik its partially my fault but the other half is not ik the actions he took or what he sent is not ok and i can ensure u it wont happen ever again.

Thank you for ur time and happy thanksgiving ❤️

Im sorry to say this but -Support
I like you as a person but it would be really unfair for those who werent known in the server and happend the same thing, the only thing they got told that their acc was their responsability

CURRENT: CI SM
FORMER: | CI R&D IIN (SIN?) | CI EOI Operative | MTF E-11 1LT RRH Analyst November 24 | Maintenance OS
CUSTOM CLASSES: | Obama | The Mets | MTF E-11 'Last Call' | MTF E-11 Spetsgruppa Directorate 'V' | Umbrella Corporation Operative |

-Support

I fully agree with Sixx in this situation.
Unfortunately, despite your good reputation with the community, if we let one case like this slide, we'll have to let all the others slide too (even if they lie).
For this reason, I'd have to disagree that the ban be removed. Make sure to secure your computer, and use this as a learning experience.

5 hours ago, Pillercat said:

Well said! +Support

Edited by FusionThunder

spacer.png

+support

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

+Support

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

I kinda had to deal with this type of situation for a while, me and my brother shared the same account and PC. So every warning he would get I had to deal with. Every ban I had to deal with.

+Support

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

6 hours ago, Pillercat said:

I find this understandable and agreeable (that is also why I never share my stuff with anyone I don't want something like this to happen).

I +support for removal of this ban, just be more careful next time.

• Dang locked this topic