General Suggestions for the PD Update - Denied

MrSato

What you want to see? -

I am aware SMT+JMT is hard at work on working with updating PD, so I wanted to provide some input on what I have been experiencing and things I would be interested in seeing done. 

- General armor increase

- Future weapon changes

- SOP changes to allow Supervisors some donator weapons

- An overhaul of the Heavy/Light Tac unit, and moving away from it being just a level job. Something to fill the hole that PPO left. 

- Increase in salary made on government

- Require some boundary before achieving the SNR rank to ensure driving etiquette. 

- A rule changing to prevent muggings from happening when gov outnumbers crim in a vehicle. 

Why should we add it? -

With the increase of Custom Character Armor, the easy accessibility of extremely outrageous weapons like the Ethereal's, Terminators, and the removal of things like PPO. We are at a huge disadvantage recently. I have been encountering so many more and more outrageous situations these previous weeks, as there has been a lot of work put into the criminal system. (Factions, new donator weapons, capture points) and as well as economy updates which further incentivize people to play on crim. As a personal Gov and particularly PD main, it is disheartening to begin losing enjoyment this way.

Here is a video basically summing up these past few weeks of RP

(Keep in mind the PM's I am getting are from Abram are about an OFC, as 7 ethereal's are getting blasted across the road, stealing a civi car and ramming it into other gov. )

For the 6th point, the rules currently state that there is no training to become OFC. So when I am interested in promoting an OFC I go ahead and teach them how to drive and those basics, but it isn't required. My suggestion is to make it required and add some identifier to the callsigns of driver trained OFC's so that command can distinguish between those ready to move up to SNR, between those not ready/driver trained yet. 

It helps give SGT-SM some incentive to do some assessment without the requirement of command being around. There are also things that I constantly hear addressed to SNR+ in PD meetings regarding driving like: People arriving Mach 4 on scene and slamming into cars, Not pulling your car off the road during situations, When exactly to be using your siren, How to use stopsound, etc. Just would like to cover all of that as soon as people learn to drive on Government. 

The last point explores a loophole that allows criminals to mug someone in a police vehicle even when outnumbered because of the rule stating we have to have weapons out to not be under FearRP. There should be some sort of protection being in a bullet resistant government vehicle. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Overall improves enjoyment and willingness to play and interact with PD

Who is it mainly for? - PD

Links to any content - Content suggestions have already been given to JMT by PD Members and probably has been relayed to SMT. 

Thanks all for the opportunity to make a suggestion. 

Edited by MrSato
  • Thanks 1

SRTEHCSig.png.ca13d2d7ad944e22e26a1479e44ad2e6.png

major +support

for the SNR promotion boundary, I think it would be a good idea to have a supervisor run them through a timed route going code 2 and seeing how well they do with clearing intersections, staying on the road, etc. I've seen a lot of shitty low-rank PD players on the road lately to be quite frank

I'm back

$427 Donated

I'm not gonna be as active as I was before

6 hours ago, iZz said:

major +support

for the SNR promotion boundary, I think it would be a good idea to have a supervisor run them through a timed route going code 2 and seeing how well they do with clearing intersections, staying on the road, etc. I've seen a lot of shitty low-rank PD players on the road lately to be quite frank

16 hours ago, iZz said:

major +support

I like the idea of this, gives NCOs something to do.

Former: Dispatch Director | PD MAJ | SCU CPT | FBI SAIC/HRT/DEA | SCO19

+/- support Some of your ideas are great, others im a little confused on or dont feel entirely necessary

-Armor changes: I understand the reasoning of this, but at the same time I personally dont mind the 100/100 setup, we are a police department, not a paramilitary force, not every situation can be a gov win and we should recognize that. I do understand the issues about items such as ethereal or terminator, but then again these are specialty weapons, and its not the sole determining factor of a fight.

-Weapon changes/donator weapons: YES, I dont mind this at all, if someone paid or earned a gun for their account, let them use it, my only recommendation is to limit this to those members somewhat experienced, such as snr or lcpl+

-Overhaul of the Heavy/Light Tac unit: You say you want change, but at the same time are vague on what exactly that would entail, only saying you want something to fill the void of PPO.  Im confused by the comparison here and if you can explain it to me that be great. From my understanding (given it didnt exist for very long, most of it was classified, and the logs of convos and basic information was lost in the old discord im trying to recall my memory please correct me) PPO was essentially a high level security detail, not a traditional patrol unit or tac dept. More of a reactive unit similar to ss, if we need PPO back, why not just bring it back. For me the purpose of assistant tac is a reward for longer term members like other level jobs and I think its current purpose suits it well, but if you have any specific recommendations do share.

-Increase in salary/Require some boundary before achieving the SNR rank: If this can be done in a way that ensures balance (economy) and doesnt overall disrupt the traditional pd experience and progression, im all for it

-Rule changing to prevent muggings from happening when gov outnumbers crim in a vehicle:  For me the current system is fine, your reasoning of "its a semi armored vehicle" seems very game breaking, if thats the case, why does it matter if its one, two, three or more cops in a car, it doesnt, and would nullify any mugging to cops by just being in a car to prevent a mug. Not to mention mugging a car is already hard given that (correct me if im wrong) fear rp can only be applied if the vehicle is stationary in the first place. However I do agree with a possible compromise, being that if in a vehicle, comms will still remain active no matter what, since officers have easy access to panic buttons/radio at the push of a button (fearrp and mugs will still have to be carried out, but carry the risk of a quick response) once the officer steps out this ability is removed so an officer must have quick response to a mug while in the vehicle.

Overall, you present some interesting points, yes there are quirks to work out, but I think this is the first key step in improving the server for everyone, and im hopeful for the ideas of others and discussions within this and future threads. Good job Major!

LTThayzeproper.png.4c289949530f0c6553353cabf72af743.png

Aviation fanatic and all things loud

Also some random discord mod  in a far away world

5 hours ago, thayze said:

+/- support Some of your ideas are great, others im a little confused on or dont feel entirely necessary

-Armor changes: I understand the reasoning of this, but at the same time I personally dont mind the 100/100 setup, we are a police department, not a paramilitary force, not every situation can be a gov win and we should recognize that. I do understand the issues about items such as ethereal or terminator, but then again these are specialty weapons, and its not the sole determining factor of a fight.

-Weapon changes/donator weapons: YES, I dont mind this at all, if someone paid or earned a gun for their account, let them use it, my only recommendation is to limit this to those members somewhat experienced, such as snr or lcpl+

-Overhaul of the Heavy/Light Tac unit: You say you want change, but at the same time are vague on what exactly that would entail, only saying you want something to fill the void of PPO.  Im confused by the comparison here and if you can explain it to me that be great. From my understanding (given it didnt exist for very long, most of it was classified, and the logs of convos and basic information was lost in the old discord im trying to recall my memory please correct me) PPO was essentially a high level security detail, not a traditional patrol unit or tac dept. More of a reactive unit similar to ss, if we need PPO back, why not just bring it back. For me the purpose of assistant tac is a reward for longer term members like other level jobs and I think its current purpose suits it well, but if you have any specific recommendations do share.

-Increase in salary/Require some boundary before achieving the SNR rank: If this can be done in a way that ensures balance (economy) and doesnt overall disrupt the traditional pd experience and progression, im all for it

-Rule changing to prevent muggings from happening when gov outnumbers crim in a vehicle:  For me the current system is fine, your reasoning of "its a semi armored vehicle" seems very game breaking, if thats the case, why does it matter if its one, two, three or more cops in a car, it doesnt, and would nullify any mugging to cops by just being in a car to prevent a mug. Not to mention mugging a car is already hard given that (correct me if im wrong) fear rp can only be applied if the vehicle is stationary in the first place. However I do agree with a possible compromise, being that if in a vehicle, comms will still remain active no matter what, since officers have easy access to panic buttons/radio at the push of a button (fearrp and mugs will still have to be carried out, but carry the risk of a quick response) once the officer steps out this ability is removed so an officer must have quick response to a mug while in the vehicle.

Overall, you present some interesting points, yes there are quirks to work out, but I think this is the first key step in improving the server for everyone, and im hopeful for the ideas of others and discussions within this and future threads. Good job Major!

7 hours ago, thayze said:

A couple things to note, it has been generally accepted PPO was poorly executed. But the general role was as you said, a reactionary force, but unlike SS did not sit at a single base of operations. I don't think there's really a good example other than what PPO used to be. Unfortunately I doubt it's return.

When SMT responded to any situation and PPO was available, the tables often turned. That was even with the Heavy/Light tac job being a level job and PPO being SM+ with applications required. There's obviously something needed between buffing up all of PD, or overhauling a few special classes.

As for the mugging goes, I think some compromise like that can be expected. There should be some sort of limitation in place for outrageous situations to not get out of hand as much fun as they are. Having three OFC's in your car and getting mugged because you stopped at a red light is pretty based. 

SRTEHCSig.png.ca13d2d7ad944e22e26a1479e44ad2e6.png

• Head Admin

PD updates are often drafted and made by PD high command, which may be modified slightly when we pass them on to server SMT to push out and integrate into the server. I'll keep these points in mind and I'll review this with the rest of PD high command for the next update we make; thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed