Hello, about apealing warn/kicks/bans - Denied

Muhammed Arbi

Hello, I am enjoying my playing experience, but I don't enjoy my staff experience. However, I am not here to talk about that, as I would very much like to donate but I am scared of losing my account due to ban, wether rightfully or not, and would like to see a change that has been implemented on a GTA RP server which is named [Censored because considered advertising]. What differenciates it from other servers, is that all warns, kicks and bans go on a permanent record, however if you show sorryness and genuine will to do better, you may have an individual one removed, and you can do this for all your permanent records (However, there is 2 week waiting time between if you get denied and only 1 appeal at a time).

[Censored because considered advertising] is their website, you can regularly see people appealing and most often, if meeting basic requirements, receive an approval, which helps "rehabilitating" the player instead of simply punishing him, fairly or not. For instance, I have had a rdm warn recently that was in reality very much rp, as I killed a cop who kept arresting me, when no other police were around and my organization was with me, and I got salty on the forums of not being able to do anything about it, so I came here to propose it, as it is both a forgiving and proven to work system, obviously if someone rdms appeals and then rdms 2 more times, you can doubt genuinency.

-

I think this should be implemented to avoid any unfairness that there may be, even by simple mistake or simply helping those who did wrong get a chance at correcting themselves. As I mentioned at the start, I really want to buy the Gold rank to possibly get more inventory space. However, with no such system implemented, and the price being as much as GMOD in Canadian Dollars, I hope you may understand I would like some "guarantee" I keep my investment, and this addition would be an amazing feature for players, as I have appealed myself on VillainsRP and became a very loyal player who actually respected the rules.

-

It helps the server make revenue, and help keep player satisfaction with staff good, even if they did commit let's say rdm, they know they can appeal it and after acception/rejection, they can behave and prove staff they were right being let off the hook. (Of course, there needs to be a system for those who only apply to continue rdimg by seeing frequency of appeals.)

-

This great addition is mainly for the players, cop or citizen.

-

ban and kick appeal page:

[Censored because considered advertising]

kick appeal page:

[Censored because considered advertising]

format:

"TITLE OF POST MUST BE IN THIS FORMAT OR IT WILL BE INSTANTLY DENIED - "James' Warn Appeal" "James' Kick Appeal"

Steam Name :

Steam Profile Link:

Were you Kicked/Warned:

Who Dealt the Punishment  :

Date :

Why was the punishment issued?

What are you going to do to prevent this from happening again? (75 WORD MINIMUM)"

example of correct appeal with player showing sorryness and having learnt from mistake:

Steam Name : Monsu

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/P1parkook/

Were you Kicked/Warned: Kicked

Who Dealt the Punishment  : Jake T

Date : 11/16

Why was the punishment issued? I was farming forged money and left for just a moment and got kicked, since he thought i was | AFK farming |

What are you going to do to prevent this from happening again? (75 WORD MINIMUM)

I will not leave my computer unattended when I am farming anything. When I do, I will make sure I wont be gone longer than 5 seconds. When I have to leave, I will disconnect from the server and reconnect when I am back. When I know that I have to periodically leave as was the case, then I shall not do any money laundering. When I make forged money then I will be at my computer and ready to answer if anyone wants to know if I am there.

Staff: Accepted

example of denied person how didn't show any progress after warn and put no effort:

"Steam Name : [1S-53] Jake T.

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198818222226/

Were you Kicked/Warned: Warned

Who Dealt the Punishment  : Kapo

Date : 11/16/2021

Why was the punishment issued? Fail RP

What are you going to do to prevent this from happening again? (75 WORD MINIMUM) Next Time I Will Do A /me To Say I'm Using The Radio In My Trunk I Was Just Being Lazy And I Said Like 2 Words I Will Make Sure To /me It Next Time I Also Was Just Tired And I Won't Do It Again If I Get Into A Situation Like That I Will Make Sure To Know What I'm Doing Next Time And I Will Try My Hardest To Never Do It Again.

Staff: 

DENIED

Per Kapo

Put more thought into your appeals and don't do it just to meet the word requirement. 

You may appeal again on 11/24/2021. "

Untitled.png

Edited by Muhammed Arbi

@Muhammed ArbiI Highly suggest that you remove all of the association of other server as this can be seen as advertising you need to edit your post now prior to moving forward of any other community that is not gaminglight related 

• Like 1

SM Balloon 1A98/FBI Deputy Director Balloon RA5/State Major Balloon 1H02/CERT TL Balloon 1TL01/SPMU Head Patrolman Balloon 1HP01

Keep your head up and your eyes straight and everything will be fine

T MOD Oct 9-15/21  MODERATOR Oct 15 - Nov 5/21 SENIOR MOD Nov 21 - Dec 12/21 Admin Dec 12 - Jan 14/22 Senior Admin Jan 14 - Current

17 minutes ago, balloonhail4979 said:

@Muhammed ArbiI Highly suggest that you remove all of the association of other server as this can be seen as advertising you need to edit your post now prior to moving forward of any other community that is not gaminglight related 

Done, I just changed the parts mentioning the server and quoted the important parts. Hope you can overlook it 🙂

-Support 

The Current Warn/Ban appeal system is fine.

No need for Kick appeal as only JMT+ can kick and you can just join back… not to mention with being in the community for over a year I’ve never seen it used.

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

12 hours ago, 00 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓴 00 said:

-Support 

The Current Warn/Ban appeal system is fine.

No need for Kick appeal as only JMT+ can kick and you can just join back… not to mention with being in the community for over a year I’ve never seen it used.

UMC l SS Assistant SAIC l SWAT PFC l 

The server you mentioned is the anomaly and not the norm. I have never heard of a game community where you can expunge your record like this. If your record is an issue, put context behind it whenever you're applying for something.

Honestly, it's not hard to not get into trouble for most people.

• Heart-Eyes 1

-Support
-It's not hard to follow the rules there is no need for this 
-The current system works just fine as there are plenty of members with higher amount of warns doing just fine after learning from their mistakes without it affecting them

Retired FBI Director|$2,000Donator gang|UMC LVL 4

12 minutes ago, Lime King said:

-Support
-It's not hard to follow the rules there is no need for this 
-The current system works just fine as there are plenty of members with higher amount of warns doing just fine after learning from their mistakes without it affecting them

Current

Assistant Chief || DF CPL || Police RP Super Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Master Sergeant

-Support

If you do not want to be warned or banned then simply follow the MOTD. You may have a few hiccups and get warned for something but when you do so, just re-read the MOTD. Because you stated 'rightfully or not'. If you feel that a ban is not warranted for the offence or that the ban is false, we have a system called Ban Appeals. That's where they deal with the few people who are wrongfully banned a year.