MANDO's Senior Gamemaster Application- Accepted

M A N D O

Is MANDO fit to become a Senior Gamemaster?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is MANDO fit to become a Senior Gamemaster?

• Yes
    • No

In-game name: MANDO

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:11031174

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: CAO Rear Admiral Mando

How long have you been Gamemaster: I have been a Gamemaster for a total of 7 months across two stints on the GM team. My first time on the GM team was between Jan-May 2021, reaching GM X. My second (and current) membership on the team has lasted from Sept-Nov 2021.

Have you received any strikes (please give reasons if applicable): I received a 2-week temporary strike on the GM team for a mistake during an event a few months ago; the strike was lifted after leadership saw no further mistakes.

How much time do you have on the server?: On the Tab menu (in-game), I have 7 weeks. I have around 1325 hours on GL ImperialRP according to Battlemetrics: https://www.battlemetrics.com/players/3090056

How well do you know the LORE? I will say with a great deal of confidence that I am a Star Wars lore expert. I have seen every movie and TV show, played every major game, consumed many comic storylines, and read most major Star Wars books, including the High Republic and many Legends titles including the Thrawn Trilogy. I also often watch lore videos on YouTube from channels like Star Wars Explained and Lore Master.

Why do you WANT to become a Senior Gamemaster: Ever since joining the GM team, I have wanted to be a part of the senior team. Senior Gamemasters assist Head GMs in leading the GM team and set examples for what it means to understand and operate ULX at a high level. I want to be a SGM in order to help improve (and assist in the development of) the next generation of ImperialRP gamemaster team. The GM team is the heart of ImperialRP and without it’s consistent, high quality events, the server would not be where it is today on the server leaderboards. My final reason for wanting to join the SGMs is pretty simple – I have a passion for creating interesting and engaging RP scenarios that are deeply connected to lore; as an SGM, I intend to share that passion with the rest of the team and help keep GL on top.

Why should you be trusted to be a Senior Gamemaster?: I feel strongly that I can be trusted as a Senior Gamemaster for GL for multiple reasons. In my RP life, I am well-known around our ISD as a champion for Naval, its people, and our mission. In staff, I am an Admin on GL ImperialRP and feel that I have earned my place on that team through professionalism and common courtesy to all of our guests on the server. I am highly active, invested in accomplishing my RP and staff duties, and enthusiastic about improving the RP experiences of the ISD-GL crew. Finally, I am a staunch advocate for professionalism and anti-minge. Additionally, as a veteran and as a manager in my professional life, I understand the responsibility that comes with a position like this; it is not handed over to people lightly. I am committed to the long-term success of the GM team, and I firmly believe that everyone I interact with here knows that I give them my very best - every day.

Have you mastered ULX?: I have mastered ULX, and I thoroughly understand what it is capable of. In every scenario and dupe I build, I always try to incorporate as many ULX tools as possible to make lifelike environments, while always keeping server integrity in mind. Being responsible with these powerful ULX tools is paramount, as we can easily crash the server with one wrong move.

Are you experienced with planning Mega Events?: I am fairly experienced in planning and running Mega events. I have hosted 3 since becoming a GM; each Mega event requires a great deal of planning and preparation to pull off. When running a Mega Event, I always attempt to hold the events at peak times to ensure maximum community involvement, while at the same time managing server load to keep things running smoothly. Running Megas is not necessarily hard – it is just about managing the many variables in play.

Give an example of a mega event: 

My last Mega event, titled “A Line in the Sand,” saw our ISD and a Tatooine based kyber-mining operation destroyed by a joint team of Rebels and Tusken Raiders. 

• The event starts with the ISD-GL is in orbit over the planet Tatooine, supporting planetside mining operations that seek rare but powerful versions of the coveted kyber crystal. Little does the crew or it’s ground party know - their presence has been reconnoitered by Rebel Commandos working alongside indigenous Tusken Raiders, who both wish to see the Imperial presence eliminated. Rebel teams, commanded by a Jedi Master, hit the unsuspecting Imperials in a simultaneous assault on both ground and space forces. We on ISD-GL lose contact with the simulated “Ground Team” as Rebel Cruisers launch drop pods and attack the bridge, courtyard, and engine core areas. Likewise, the ILC is also being attacked. A DEFCON 1 is called after explosives knock out the reactor core of ISD-GL, leaving the crew with a 90-second timer to evacuate to a shuttle… whether they escape to a hurried shuttle or find themselves stuck on our doomed ISD being pulled into the planet’s gravity well, the crew soon finds themselves on the surface of Tatooine. This represents part one - which takes 20-30 minutes.
  • Upon a map switch to “gm_jakku_wreck_v1’’, part two begins. The ISD-GL has crashed on the planet of Tatooine, with its mangled frame partially submerged in a sand dune. Rebel forces and Tusken Raiders regroup and attack in waves, aided by Clone War era AT-TEs. At this point in the event, teams of troopers take on several roles.  
  • Special Forces infiltrate the ship’s bridge and request Imperial reinforcements to our location; this sets a timer representing an ETA until help arrives. Frontline troops are dug in battling against not only rebel troops, but also the jedi and Tusken Raider elites hell bent on killing every last one of ISD-GLs crew members. One SF VTOL is providing CAS, while Medical sets up a healing/triage station for wounded troopers. Finally, Purge/IQ are collecting kyber crystals and fighting as needed throughout their search.
  • After about 15 minutes, Special Forces activate a beacon on the bridge requesting reinforcements from the 4th Fleet, who will arrive in 15-20 minutes. Troops then hold their positions against increasingly difficult waves of Rebels and Raiders until help from the 4th Fleet arrives.

In summary, the Mega has multiple combat venues, has unique challenges for as many individual battalions as possible, and lasts roughly an hour to 75 minutes in length.

How active can you be?: I'm online almost every day for several hours. I am always accessible to my RP battalion, GM team and staff team. I have never gone on an LOA in the time I have been on GL imperial RP, and try to be as active as possible.

Thank you for your consideration and taking the time to read my application for this position. I hope to soon serve as your next Senior GM, and humbly thank you for your support!

Edited by M A N D O

ISB Director Orson Krennic
Imperial RP JMT | Head Gamemaster | Super Admin

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tqzphujjgqzjgbikpz

5 hours ago, Vice Marshall Manjini said:

+support

+good person

+has experience

+Good GM

+Good quality

+Has command experience so he knows how to control people witch are going out of track

+AND IS VERY MUCH POG MAN AS HE IS CAO

+and has a brain

Ex Grand General!

Ex Nova Senior Commander

+Support

-Good Guy
-he knows what he's doing

-Active

-Great GM

-Long Time GM
-Overall Great Guy 

Good Luck man

Senior Moderator

Lt Commander 

KitChan-Kitty-Kitten-Kat

Edited by KitChan

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF

On 11/19/2021 at 11:31 PM, Vice Marshall Manjini said:

+support

+good person

+has experience

+Good GM

+Good quality

+Has command experience so he knows how to control people witch are going out of track

+and has a brain

Current

R DT COL PR0 | R Captain Proteus

Former

Grand Moff Tarkin | [1st Gen] Imperial Senior Commander 2x ISB 021 Agent Kallus | Last Admiral Kallus, Shortest term as Admiral Kallus (4 hours)

+/-

while your an amazing game master I feel your very confrontational which can leave a bad taste in people’s mouths. I’ve witnessed it a few times and have heard others mention this, this shows a lack of composure which is on key thing for GMs. On the bright side you know how to tell a story through events as-well as making them entertaining. You also have a natural skill in voice acting. 

• Like 1

Current: ST Pvt
EX Head Admin
EX Gamemaster Overseer / Head Game Master
EX Inferno Squadron Commander

On 11/20/2021 at 2:31 PM, Vice Marshall Manjini said:

+support

+good person

+has experience

+Good GM

+Good quality

+and has a brain

ImperialRP
Ex. Grand Inquisitor   / Ex. Lead Administrator / Ex. High Command / Ex. Support Advisor /  Ex. Senior Diplomat

+ Mega Support

- Mando does one of the best events I see hosted by GM's 

- A lot of GM experience accumulated

- Active and responsible

- Great person

ImperialRP: Ex Nova VCMDR Zeta 〗〖 Ex IC COL Shery 

Staff: Imperial RP Senior Moderator 〗〖 Forums Diplomat

On 11/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, KitChan said:

+Support

-Good Guy
-he knows what he's doing

-Active

-Great GM

-Long Time GM
-Overall Great Guy 

Good Luck man

Senior Moderator

Lt Commander 

KitChan-Kitty-Kitten-Kat

Former Stormtrooper Captain
Former Nova Commander Comet 
Former Admin | Former GM Tick X

spacer.png

On 11/19/2021 at 11:31 PM, Vice Marshall Manjini said:

+support

+good person

+has experience

+Good GM

+Good quality

+and has a brain

On 11/22/2021 at 3:52 AM, TheRiceMan said:

+/-

while your an amazing game master I feel your very confrontational which can leave a bad taste in people’s mouths. I’ve witnessed it a few times and have heard others mention this, this shows a lack of composure which is on key thing for GMs. On the bright side you know how to tell a story through events as-well as making them entertaining. You also have a natural skill in voice acting. 

Full +support but what rice said was true 

Imperial Senate Guard Taggart

Former: Star-Fighter Wing Commander | Shock Lt. Colonel | Gamemaster

Short People GIF