Suggestion for trying a base map [Denied]

Mikael Scott

Titan Base test, yes no?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Try out Titan Base?

• Yes
    • No

What do you want to see?: Titan Base

Why should we add it?: I feel like trying a base map would benefit most of us, giving us some more options for passive RP with patrolls, some nice events like the city getting attacked by rebels etc. This map has everything we need for a base. It'll give Havoc some areas to work their repairs, an area to have a workshop. Pilots have a big enough skybox to fly around. Naval should maintain the base just like they do with the ISD. There is a city for passive RP, you can add a level job for a civilian to increase the immersion of it. It feels realistic and I do believe that this can be something we could test and then perhaps invest in our own custom base to fit us better. I think its worth a test to see what the rest of the community thinks about it and maybe atleast do a ISD/Base switch every now and then to keep the server fresh and new!

What are the advantages of having this?: It gives us some more passive stuff to do like actually patrolling a base instead of the ship. Gives Havoc the area they need for vehicles, the troopers can interact more without of the need of GMs with passive RP. I understand that the ISD is custom to this server, but sometimes beeing stuck on the ship all day gets boring and trying a base map might be a good idea, if it works out we could get our own custom base instead. 

Who is it mainly for?: Everyone!

Links to any content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1977131704

+/- Support

+ Map is really cool, is absolutely huge and has space for land invasions.

+ Would like to see a base on our current map (I would prefer not having to switch maps for it).

+ Map would be nice for GM for off map events.

- Fully switching to another map for "testing" would cause HUGE issues with battalions having no clue where to go, what areas are theirs, what can be claimed for SIMs, and so on.

Overall I think this would be better suited as an option for offmap events. I would much prefer having a custom base in our current map than having to switch maps for it, as that would provide much more enjoyment, but it would be stretching the limitations of the server I imagine.

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

+/- Support

-This could be a Cool and unique idea that could be expanded apon by Server Leadership and The GM Team.

-Could bring back "Planetary Deployments" that we used to do way back then. Where we would switch to a Basemap for a few days and do on ground events to get off the ship and give players something new to do.

• Like 2

Former: Darth Vader

Former: Super Administrator | Forum Diplomat | Support Advisor

On 11/20/2021 at 6:24 PM, MrPickle said:

+/- Support

-This could be a Cool and unique idea that could be expanded apon by Server Leadership and The GM Team.

-Could bring back "Planetary Deployments" that we used to do way back then. Where we would switch to a Basemap for a few days and do on ground events to get off the ship and give players something new to do.

Imperial Senate Guard Taggart

Former: Star-Fighter Wing Commander | Shock Lt. Colonel | Gamemaster

Short People GIF

On 11/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, Keegan said:

+/- Support

+ Would like to see a base on our current map (I would prefer not having to switch maps for it).

- Fully switching to another map for "testing" would cause HUGE issues with battalions having no clue where to go, what areas are theirs, what can be claimed for SIMs, and so on.

Overall I think this would be better suited as an option for offmap events. I would much prefer having a custom base in our current map than having to switch maps for it, as that would provide much more enjoyment, but it would be stretching the limitations of the server I imagine.

ImperialRP
Ex. Grand Inquisitor   / Ex. Lead Administrator / Ex. High Command / Ex. Support Advisor /  Ex. Senior Diplomat

On 11/20/2021 at 2:34 AM, Keegan said:

+/- Support

On 11/21/2021 at 1:24 AM, MrPickle said:

+/- Support

Former Stormtrooper Captain
Former Nova Commander Comet 
Former Admin | Former GM Tick X

spacer.png

On 11/20/2021 at 11:24 PM, MrPickle said:

+/- Support

Former: Grand Inquisitor   Lead Admin
sasuke GIF

+/- Support

+/- Support

I would love to see something like this and I also love the idea of possibly having a ground base implemented into our current star destroyer map! 
However I can see a few potential issues as mentioned by others such as people not knowing where to go, server performance etc. 

Given |
| Former Starfighter Marshall | Former Agent Del Meeko |
| Former Senior Gamemaster |

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

On 11/20/2021 at 3:24 PM, MrPickle said:

+/- Support

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

+ support

This is a great idea and i can see it working very well if implemented in and set up properly. However this can have a bit of an impact on the player count especially because it means we will switch maps and if it is for a few days then i think when the server restarts it will put us back on the ISD ( not a 100% sure about it just a thought ) and then we will have to switch maps again. Overall i can see this working but only for something like a Day operation 

| EX Army HC for Imperial | EX DT SNR CMDR |  EX IC VCMDR SEV|
| EX Imperial Head Admin  | 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 |

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. Please wait at least 2 Weeks before suggesting this again.

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

hotshot manager.png