BWA Price Player Report- Accepted

Samael

Your in game name: Trooper Tyler Ross

The player's in game name: SOG BWA Commander Price D 1 1

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:0:527515507

What did the player do: RDM, nothing constuited me getting shot by the player.

Evidence (required): https://streamable.com/fpjm37

What do you believe should happen to the player: Up to the staff.

Any extra information: N/A

Criminals must have a VALID reason to shoot at police. This includes but is not limited to

Having a warrant for shooting at government

Your vehicle being wanted in a prior pursuit

Your life is threatened by an officer. - Gaminglight rules

He wasn't wanted until he started firing upon me, nor I was threatening his life nor I even made contact with him and I was gunned down for no reason, then I went to questioned him about it and in his owns word said he killed me because I rolled up on him and bothered him.

rules.png

SCP-RP: - GenSec Enlisted (LCPL)
PRP: (Former) - | State & DOC Command | SPMU Master Patrolman | CERT Sergeant |

Do you have a clip you can show us about what happened?

Gaminglight:$2200+ Donations Gaminglight Legend | Community Member since April 2020

"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss

5 minutes ago, Burner said:

Do you have a clip you can show us about what happened?

It's listed on the report, its the link that I put.

SCP-RP: - GenSec Enlisted (LCPL)
PRP: (Former) - | State & DOC Command | SPMU Master Patrolman | CERT Sergeant |

-Edit- as brought to mind by Burner and Kevlar below (you learn something new everyday, thanks guys) there is a argument towards copbait, and the reason of having the gun out, however again that can only be truely known by Price, if anyone can reach him, I still vote neutral on this

+/- support.... mainly cause I feel like this is a gray area, but I dont feel like a warn is valid here from my understanding

so lets start towards the end of the clip as you enter the downtown area, Price is seen in front of you walking from the spawn area towards bank in the road, with his minigun already out this is a class 3 weapon, if not class 4 (lmg), this is an arrestable offense with jail time ranging from 5 to 8 years (the game maximum according to PD guide) even if he isnt wanted by the game, I would say he is nevertheless de-facto wanted by you (and thus gov) for illegal weapon possession. You then gunned your engine, pulled up right next to him, by which point he started shooting you as you got out.  I'm confused by the nature in which you thought it was a good idea to drive in so aggressively, alone, against a heavily armed level class, with no regard to personal safety, either by creating some type of distance, or barrier say with your car to give commands, or properly engage if later needed.  This more something I would've expected from tac.

Given the clear weapon offense, the way you approached, and that this was a 1v1 with weapons (meaning no fearrp either) I would say Price's life WAS threated by you and this probably would've turned into a gun fight anyway.

Edited by thayze
  • Dislike 1

LTThayzeproper.png.4c289949530f0c6553353cabf72af743.png

Aviation fanatic and all things loud

Also some random discord mod  in a far away world

+Support

Due to the fact that you pulling up with your lights on does not mean he can just fire upon you. He would be therefore in a detainment and no life would be in danger. Simply having your gun out and walking around is considered Copbait as well. The person being reported needs to put their own side into this before staff can make a judgement. 

So, shooting at gov while just being pulled over on foot or in vehicle is not even reasoning to be shooting at them. 

• Like 1

Gaminglight:$2200+ Donations Gaminglight Legend | Community Member since April 2020

"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss

+Support 

Clearly seemed like he just wanted to get into a shoot out. He walked out of spawn with miniguns and literally shot up the officer right away when he went after him. Its not like he walked away from a gun fight or anything, he walked from spawn. 

4 hours ago, thayze said:

-Edit- as brought to mind by Burner and Kevlar below (you learn something new everyday, thanks guys) there is a argument towards copbait, and the reason of having the gun out, however again that can only be truely known by Price, if anyone can reach him, I still vote neutral on this

+/- support.... mainly cause I feel like this is a gray area, but I dont feel like a warn is valid here from my understanding

so lets start towards the end of the clip as you enter the downtown area, Price is seen in front of you walking from the spawn area towards bank in the road, with his minigun already out this is a class 3 weapon, if not class 4 (lmg), this is an arrestable offense with jail time ranging from 5 to 8 years (the game maximum according to PD guide) even if he isnt wanted by the game, I would say he is nevertheless de-facto wanted by you (and thus gov) for illegal weapon possession. You then gunned your engine, pulled up right next to him, by which point he started shooting you as you got out.  I'm confused by the nature in which you thought it was a good idea to drive in so aggressively, alone, against a heavily armed level class, with no regard to personal safety, either by creating some type of distance, or barrier say with your car to give commands, or properly engage if later needed.  This more something I would've expected from tac.

Given the clear weapon offense, the way you approached, and that this was a 1v1 with weapons (meaning no fearrp either) I would say Price's life WAS threated by you and this probably would've turned into a gun fight anyway.

The answer of him cop baiting or not is not decided by him, what is decided by him is if he intentionally tried to do it. On paper this is clearly cop bait, he had guns out for no reason, and instantly got into a gun fight with the cop instead of trying to explain to him that he maybe didnt know he had them out, or he spawns with them out, or etc. 

Just now, GL_Josh said:

+Support 

Clearly seemed like he just wanted to get into a shoot out. He walked out of spawn with miniguns and literally shot up the officer right away when he went after him. Its not like he walked away from a gun fight or anything, he walked from spawn. 

The answer of him cop baiting or not is not decided by him, what is decided by him is if he intentionally tried to do it. On paper this is clearly cop bait, he had guns out for no reason, and instantly got into a gun fight with the cop instead of trying to explain to him that he maybe didnt know he had them out, or he spawns with them out, or etc. 

Adding on, MTOD clearly states he must have a Warrent for shooting at cops (didnt have), life threaten by officer (he wasnt even out of the car), or wanted in a pervious pursuit (doubt, as again came from spawn, and if he was it wouldnt make since to shoot at cops for just pulling up if you were wanted for the pursuit fully.) 

+Support for RDM, and would go as far as adding on cop bait and failRP

Currently SM Josh 1B65 | Trooper Josh 1T
"A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better then a master of one"
Recently retired USM CPT, Deputy Head Dispatcher, Police RP Moderator, POL Level 10 (High Com), CPT Josh 1L65 and SCU SGT Josh 1R65 | Staffing: Ex Senior Moderator IMPRP - Retired Moderator PRP x2, MILRP - Retired Event team IMPRP, MILRP | Biggest Ranks: Retired Storm Trooper Vice Commander - Retired COL USMC MARSOC and FORECON Head - CPT+ in all branch's of US in MILRP - Experience in 9 different Departments PRP | Member Since late 2018

5 hours ago, Burner said:

+Support

Due to the fact that you pulling up with your lights on does not mean he can just fire upon you. He would be therefore in a detainment and no life would be in danger. Simply having your gun out and walking around is considered Copbait as well. The person being reported needs to put their own side into this before staff can make a judgement. 

So, shooting at gov while just being pulled over on foot or in vehicle is not even reasoning to be shooting at them. 

UMC l SS Assistant SAIC l SWAT PFC l