035-1 change - Denied

Boulder Puncher

Post name: 035-1 change

What are you suggesting? -  to make it so you get the playermodel and loadout of the person you possessed, similar to 8286 but with a mask on the face of them and a loudout of the person.

How would this change better the server? -  i think it would make 035-1 have a little more chance as sometimes when you get your minions they just dont fire at all and just run around aimlessly and do no help to attack the people attacking you(035-1), so it would be much better if you could get the guns of the people you possess so you can fight your own fight instead of relying on others to do your work for you.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Nope, feel free to tell me some down below

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  035-1 players

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

+- support

so for the loadout i say +support i believe it would help 035-1 alot instead of having to go to the armoury every time.

-support for the model change, as it would be really cool that would mean you would need a separate model for every infected individual but if smt can find a way to make it without having to need separate models then +support

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

1 hour ago, CyClone said:

+- support

so for the loadout i say +support i believe it would help 035-1 alot instead of having to go to the armoury every time.

-support for the model change, as it would be really cool that would mean you would need a separate model for every infected individual but if smt can find a way to make it without having to need separate models then +support

+support for the general suggestion and the model change

They could do a compromise for the model changing (adding the mask on them) which would be:

-Class D

-researcher/CI RND (this is the default model)

-security (the enlisted skins with a mask)

-mtf forces (any model could work I guess)

-CI military (the alpha/beta agent)

#RipRND you will be missed

So, there would have to be a new model, FOR EVERY CLASS (CCs included), with a mask on it. The time this would take and the ABSOLUTE amount of fucking data this would take, could cripple the server.
As for the loadout, why? 035 already gets the person WHO STILL HAS ALL THEIR SHIT. And, if you turn more than like three people, you're going to have an array of cards, guns, and just general shit.
AND not even 8286 gets the loadout of a person. AND the coding involved would be a lot.

I think the current 035-1 model is perfect. Any more would just put a needless burden on the server.
035 already has control over the 035-1, who still has their stuff. So, no point in giving 035 their stuff too. 

-Support

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

5 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

So, there would have to be a new model, FOR EVERY CLASS (CCs included), with a mask on it. The time this would take and the ABSOLUTE amount of fucking data this would take, could cripple the server.
As for the loadout, why? 035 already gets the person WHO STILL HAS ALL THEIR SHIT. And, if you turn more than like three people, you're going to have an array of cards, guns, and just general shit.
AND not even 8286 gets the loadout of a person. AND the coding involved would be a lot.

I think the current 035-1 model is perfect. Any more would just put a needless burden on the server.
035 already has control over the 035-1, who still has their stuff. So, no point in giving 035 their stuff too. 

-Support

The model idea is cool but god damn the space it would take for those models.

- Support

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Yeah, this simply isn't worth the resources for pretty much a cosmetic change and a load out. The models are fine as is and you can buy stuff from the armory or use your army.

-Support

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

44 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

Perfectly put by Twix here: the file size on the server and effort required by Gaminglight's development staff and management would be monumental, all for one SCP. 

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

Why does anyone think you'd need additional models?

You can just bonemerge an 035 mask model whenever you want. That's how hats and cosmetics work in the source engine and it would work the same in gmod.

4 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

As for idea that there would be a lot of coding involved this is simply untrue. It's trivial to take a list of a players weapons and give them to another player.

+Support

I think this would streamline 035 quite a bit and make it more fun to play, even if a little less mechanically interesting.

8 hours ago, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support

8 hours ago, Pillercat said:

Yeah, this simply isn't worth the resources for pretty much a cosmetic change and a load out. The models are fine as is and you can buy stuff from the armory or use your army.

-Support

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

5 hours ago, Veesus said:

You can just bonemerge an 035 mask model whenever you want. That's how hats and cosmetics work in the source engine and it would work the same in gmod.

5 hours ago, Veesus said:

As for idea that there would be a lot of coding involved this is simply untrue. It's trivial to take a list of a players weapons and give them to another player

So, give me one good reason he needs the models or loadout of another player. 

The model would do jack shit. It's not going to be 8286 where you can be disguised because, you know, the mask. And, there's no way in hell that it would fit every model well. And, how would he get the body? By killing the person? You would just make a pure combative 8286.

And, you still have a person to do what you say. Have them open checkpoints or fight. And, your inventory would be absolutely cluttered with cards and guns (as I've said) which would just be annoying. 

And there's still going to be some toll this stuff takes on the server. 

I just feel it's more hassle than it's worth. 

Maintaining my -Support

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...