Player Report on Phil

1stSavagerY

Your In-Game Name:  1stSavagerY
Your SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:106502723
Players In-Game Name:  Phil
Players SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:86507562
Date:  11/9/2021 Time:  Around 12:40-1:30
More information and what should be done:  As I was obviously joking and went and closed the door anyways after saying "I don't care", along with the fact that 912 can only arrest gensec/mtf who are rulebreaking, and forgetting something in the SOP is not an MOTD rulebreak, 912 is not able to enforce this.  Moreover, he was going against MTF orders even though in the MOTD says "SCP-912 must comply with any orders given to it by GENSEC or MTF personnel."  Not only that, but it also clearly states that "Intentionally interrupting, minging, ruining, or disrupting events is prohibited," which cuff-minging would fall under as it's a form of minging.  Although I do admit that we were trying to cuff him as well, which is not allowed, this was more due to the fact that he started to arrest others.  Because of these clear rule violations, I think that the offender should be warned.
Evidence:  https://medal.tv/clips/70974612/d13377vZAlM6?invite=cr-MSxrWkQsMjg3ODQ5Nyw

• Dislike 3

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

-support

Any other job that works within a “Branch” has to follow the SOP regardless of whether or not the person on said job is within that branch:

IE

Nu7 quartermaster:

CI Heavy

Both are required to follow the SOP for that branch even though virtually anyone can flag on that job.

If a SOP rule is broken that is a broken rule.

if an MOTD rule was broken then it should be a staff matter not a 912 matter

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

1)  You could very obviously tell I was joking by my tone, along with the fact that I went over and closed the door before he had even cuffed me, he continued to do so even after the door was closed.  I had counted almost a second and a half between the time I had closed the door and the time 912 pulled out his handcuffs.  The fact that I went and closed the door anyways should've been obvious enough, so continuing to arrest someone with Level 4 Clearance after closing said door would be considered going against the foundation, as the cuffs hadn't been taken out until after the door had closed.

2)  Lots of people leave some doors open so they're able to have a ranged advantage over D-Class, SCP's, or CI, this was no different, and although the SOP states to close doors just in general, there's nothing preventing someone to keep open a door for a short time so that that individual can use the longer hallways as a tactical advantage, which most people (both on CI and MTF) do.

3)  There was a staff in the TS when this happened, heard it all go down, and was stating how cuffing someone for something like leaving a door open, which again isn't specifically isn't in the MOTD, is cuff-minging

4)  The MOTD doesn't specifically state whether or not "event" means an event from a member of the Event Team or events as in "event; noun; a thing that happens," or more specifically, the flow of events that occur.

5)  The MOTD doesn't state rulebreakers as in SOP rulebreaks, which is managed by the MTF/Gensec branch itself, not an SCP.

6)  To the best of my knowledge, 912 has no clearance level, and in fact follows Gensec/MTF orders, not ordering Level 4+ clearance personnel around.  Therefore, if I have an reason within the RP to keep a door open, I'm allowed to do so (with the knowledge that I will close it sometime in the near future (ex: a minute or two).  

7)  Classes like quartermaster still fall under the Nu7 SOP, and last I checked (which was under a minute ago) there was nothing in the Nu7 SOP that allowed 912 to order personnel or SF around.

Edited by 1stSavagerY

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

I said above that I would edit the original post, however due to it's length that is no longer possible, because of that I will simply be posting edits here instead.

EDIT 1 : 
In regards to Savage's points below : 
1. As I believe I made abundantly clear in the initial posting, I could not tell that you were joking. In general, when people say "I don't give a fuck" they are not joking, they are being insulting.  The matter that you are L4 personnel is moot, there is no distinction between L1 and L4 personnel asfar as Nu7 SOP or 912 MOTD is concerned. As for me cuffing you after the door was closed, I had already begun arresting you by this point. Irregardless, it was the other door I was refrencing, as I said above.

2. Lots of people do leave doors open for a tactical advantage, that much I agree with. I generally leave those people alone. Savage however, was not doing so. He opened the first door, then walked off into D-Block through the 2nd door and started B-Hopping. That was not done for any type of tactical advantage, and anyone will have a hard time arguing that fact. Certainly since this is D-Block door Savage is reffering to, a door that even GENSEC OFC's know should always be closed, unless there is a firing line right outside of it.

3. I wouldn't know if there actually was a staff member in Ts3 at that time. However, judging of the fact that they both only heard Savage's side of the story, was not the staff member that took the sit, and I presume not a member of JMT/SMT, their opinion is moot here.

4. I believe this is nitpicking words, as in general when the rules say "Event" they mean one hosted by ET. But even in the case that this statement is correct,  the event in question would have been me arresting you. I was not minging in that regard, as I was simply following my MOTD prescribed guidelines. Unless the argument here is that Savage B-Hopping through D-Block was the event, which  I doubt.

5. MOTD States that 912 can arrest rule-breakers. There are only 2 types of rules on the server, MOTD, or SOP. 
If 912 can arrest for SOP Violations : Savage broke the SOP.
If 912 can arrest for MOTD Violations : MOTD States that you have to follow SOP (Rule 2, General rules) which Savage broke. 
Either way, I am permitted to arrest the individual who broke SOP.

6. This argument is just another loop of argument 1&2, read there to see my response of it.

7. I was not ordering Savage, I was alerting him that he violated an SOP rule which would result in his arrest. My reasoning for arrest was the SOP violation. My reasoning for arrest was not him failing to follow any order to close the door, as I never gave such an order.

Also, apologies in advance to the Forums Diplomat who is inevitably going to take a look at this at some point, I think this will be a bit of a clutter.

Also, Savage, I think this was really just a misunderstanding caused by an unclearly written rule. We can just drop this, as frankly I don't think this is worth your time.

Edited by Phillers
Spelling
  • Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

14 minutes ago, Phillers said:

I said above that I would edit the original post, however due to it's length that is no longer possible, because of that I will simply be posting edits here instead.

EDIT 1 : 
In regards to Savage's points below : 
1. As I believe I made abundantly clear in the initial posting, I could not tell that you were joking. In general, when people say "I don't give a fuck" they are not joking, they are being insulting.  The matter that you are L4 personnel is moot, there is no distinction between L1 and L4 personnel asfar as Nu7 SOP or 912 MOTD is concerned. As for me cuffing you after the door was closed, I had already begun arresting you by this point. Irregardless, it was the other door I was refrencing, as I said above.

2. Lots of people do leave doors open for a tactical advantage, that much I agree with. I generally leave those people alone. Savage however, was not doing so. He opened the first door, then walked off into D-Block through the 2nd door and started B-Hopping. That was not done for any type of tactical advantage, and anyone will have a hard time arguing that fact. Certainly since this is D-Block door Savage is reffering to, a door that even GENSEC OFC's know should always be closed, unless there is a firing line right outside of it.

3. I wouldn't know if there actually was a staff member in Ts3 at that time. However, judging of the fact that they both only heard Savage's side of the story, was not the staff member that took the sit, and I presume not a member of JMT/SMT, their opinion is moot here.

4. I believe this is nitpicking words, as in general when the rules say "Event" they mean one hosted by ET. But even in the case that this statement is correct,  the event in question would have been me arresting you. I was not minging in that regard, as I was simply following my MOTD prescribed guidelines. Unless the argument here is that Savage B-Hopping through D-Block was the event, which  I doubt.

5. MOTD States that 912 can arrest rule-breakers. There are only 2 types of rules on the server, MOTD, or SOP. 
If 912 can arrest for SOP Violations : Savage broke the SOP.
If 912 can arrest for MOTD Violations : MOTD States that you have to follow SOP (Rule 2, General rules) which Savage broke. 
Either way, I am permitted to arrest the individual who broke SOP.

6. This argument is just another loop of argument 1&2, read there to see my response of it.

7. I was not ordering Savage, I was alerting him that he violated an SOP rule which would result in his arrest. My reasoning for arrest was the SOP violation. My reasoning for arrest was not him failing to follow any order to close the door, as I never gave such an order.

Also, apologies in advance to the Forums Diplomat who is inevitably going to take a look at this at some point, I think this will be a bit of a clutter.

Also, Savage, I think this was really just a misunderstanding caused by an unclearly written rule. We can just drop this, as frankly I don't think this is worth your time.

It really isn’t tbh, and I think that the rules should definitely be expanded upon, especially on topics like this as there is no clear line or rule stating what cannot or can be done.  It would honestly do more good to have the rule clarified as a single player report inevitably lead to nothing being done, regardless of the outcome.  the only major issue i had is that you had arrested me and didn’t even stop to ask why i had left said door open, as I did have a reason and i had gotten distracted with talking to people over teamspeak, and all of this could’ve been avoided if both of us had communicated that better, which I was at fault to as well.

Edited by 1stSavagerY

- Support

Sit was already handled in game.

Besides that, 912 was doing RP which YOU RUDLY replied to. Your tone was not joking it was, "I don't give a fuck about what you are saying" not "I don't care lol". 

Also, Good on you Phil for doing some actual RP and not just being a gensec robot. It kind of annoys me to see someone who is trying to RP be told that nobody cares and that they should just do combat.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, recon said:

- Support

Besides that, 912 was doing RP which YOU RUDLY replied to. Your tone was not joking it was, "I don't give a fuck about what you are saying" not "I don't care lol". 

Also, Good on you Phil for doing some actual RP and not just being a gensec robot. It kind of annoys me to see someone who is trying to RP be told that nobody cares and that they should just do combat.

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

2 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

2 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

Yeah tbh the server is more about combat than RP

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

4 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

4 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

Phil: *Actually RPs*

This Guy: "I DONT GIVE A FUCK"

• Laughing 3

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

5 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

7 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

10 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

He sternly pointed!!, but imo everything should be dropped, i can't see a reason in which any of u were in the wrong

FormerCI CPT SFTO Head Of Hotshot | RRH Guardian Juliet 13| Assistant Head Of Medical SCP-RP Senior Moderator

okoko.PNG.cb906bef7bb641ec688c5dc8028fb16d.PNG

11 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

Former RRH Analyst X-ray 39 Former D1 Deimos I   Former DDOP of RnD  🇬🇧

[CC's] Deadshot-Engineer-Snoop Dog-MTF-Alpha-9

British GIF

4 hours ago, DumpTruck said:

Im actually glad to see some RP out of a 912 player for once other than "See person, Hit person, handover person" Good on you phill
RRH Guardian Alpha 22-E11 2LT

SCP RP Ranks and CC's : CI SFTO CPT, S9 Houston IX, Owner Of CI "Reaper" Squadron SCP RP Level 100 Gang

"Why Does A RRH Only have 10 Hours on the server"?

"Very Active Forums User" - Hoovy

+Support Phil is minge and must be banned

Actually -Support tho

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate
  • Gaminglight Love 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

22 hours ago, recon said:

- Support

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

- Support

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

- Support

Yes. Also please try to keep attitudes professional when on SF and don't try to use your clearance as grounds to why what an SCP says doesn't affect you.

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

• Dang locked this topic