General Suggestion - Adding Radios to Foundation and Chaos Insurgency Jobs [Completed]

Sprink

What are you suggesting? -
Adding Radios back to the server in the form of a new addon.  

How would this change better the server? -

The last radio we had on the server had multiple different issues that led to its removal. With no one using it due to its glitchy nature whenever you try to select/unselect it, people just screaming over it, and it just being not the best radio. With this non-glitchy, good audio quality, super customizable radio. With the ability to have job-specific base frequency. The ability to make password-protected channels (number of them that can be active at once can be changed in the config) so Randoms can't join MTF or CI comms to meta-game, at least as easily. You can mute your mic as well deafen in the radio, you can set your own key binds in the Q menu. You can use /r to talk with fellows in the frequency for you typers out there. You can see people who are talking on the radio at the time, again configurable. The coolest function, in my opinion, is when you type /rdo you get a TUTORIAL of how to use the radio so new players don't get confused by it! Also, the server can make some money off of it for CC's, again you can give frequencies to specific jobs or can create a passworded channel for the CC, which you can probably charge $10 for or something. 
Also, this addon is fairly small and causes no lag from what I was able to see. People will also try and make the argument of "just use teamspeak" but, radios advance RP and add a lot quicker solution to most of the player base who have no idea what TS is when they join the server. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -
It may not be used as much as the old radio but from what I know that was because of how glitchy the old one was so hopefully it will be used more often. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -
MTF, CI, Security mainly but will also assist all of the branches.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -
https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/realistic-radio-the-most-advanced-radio-system
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2304089398

• Like 2

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+Support 

this is needed again back then the radios were so good and this makes it to where people who cant use TS can still talk to others 

Edited by Mystery Gamer

Current Ranks: None :))

Past Ranks: Security JFTO 2LT Mystery|PWD Brutus MUDA|MTF E11 DHFTO 1LT Cobra|MTF E11 LS Falcon-1 [First Ever Lonestar]STF D4 "Vanguard" Brynhild HA5|Security Olympics Winner|Senior Mod|Senior Event Team Member

image.png

+support 

On the issue of "Just use TS" this would likely be set up to where there is an MTF general channel just like the old radios so E-11, Nu-7, and D-5 can all talk to each other at the same time instead of just their respective branch in TS.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

+support to the MAX

This will make communication to enlisted a lot better since they don't have teamspeak until CPL+. Even so, a lot of people like to deafen in teamspeak (which defeats the purpose) Due to loud voices in TS. like for example. If i try to talk to a researcher. TS would be louder than his voice. so have a radio will be a lot better so that deafening in TS doesn't affect communication too much.

|| Deputy Chief Of Security || Security OFTO || A1 LT WENDIGO || Former Delta-5 WO || Former Delta-5 DHRO || Former Delta-5 FTO || Former GT4 VALI || Former RRH Echo 45 || S.T.A.R.S || S.T.A.R.S  || Mr. Golf

+/- support

I think teamspeak covers pretty well any possible use case this could be used for.

I'd support this if and only if the radios could be looted/stolen from people via fearrp or something and allow branches without access to comms to get access to comms. Like a dclass would be able to steal a radio from researched and become able to read site comms 

6 minutes ago, Veesus said:

+/- support

I think teamspeak covers pretty well any possible use case this could be used for.

I'd support this if and only if the radios could be looted/stolen from people via fearrp or something and allow branches without access to comms to get access to comms. Like a dclass would be able to steal a radio from researched and become able to read site comms 

You could set it up so that you could /drop the radio and then fearp them for the radio frequency. 

3 hours ago, styx said:

-support

Has been suggested many times and to be truly honest we have teamspeak for a reason

And lets not forget the huge minge problems we had with this, also /site,MTF,E11,Nu7 coms exist for a reason they just need to be used more. So overall I just feel like this is not needed and will cause more issues than help.

-SUPPORT 

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

-Support

While this would be interesting and different from TS, I don’t think different = needed here, it’d probably end up as a dead add-on 

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

4 hours ago, Loaff said:

+support 

On the issue of "Just use TS" this would likely be set up to where there is an MTF general channel just like the old radios so E-11, Nu-7, and D-5 can all talk to each other at the same time instead of just their respective branch in TS.

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

And lets not forget the huge minge problems we had with this, also /site,MTF,E11,Nu7 coms exist for a reason they just need to be used more. So overall I just feel like this is not needed and will cause more issues than help.

-SUPPORT 

This is a complete different addon so if you had read and looked into my actual post you would have know that this is a very optimized and efficient addon with little to no problems. Also just because you don’t need the radios personally does not mean it can’t benefit others In different branches or in your own that you don’t know of. There are plent of people unable to access TS in their country or generally can’t get it to work. Now you can make rhe argument just use /comms but the problem is how are you supposed to call things out quickly and efficiently during intense combat situations. It leads to miscommunication and mishaps happening due to most people not being able to type 1000 words per second while standing still getting shot at and cuffed.

1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

While this would be interesting and different from TS, I don’t think different = needed here, it’d probably end up as a dead add-on 

I also see your concerns. Please read the reply I sent above as it could answer some of your questions/concerns.

I'm gonna have to go with a - Support

It will not be used. Why? We have TS. We have splitting between SF and normal operations. If people invade your channels to meta game, why not just put a password on them? The old radio was not used not only because it was glitchy, but it was annoying as hell having to remember every single frequency of each branch and again, TS exists. It will either have to be the TS that stays or the radio replaces it. Its redundant, IMO.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

-SUPPORT 

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

On 11/8/2021 at 4:30 PM, styx said:

-support

Has been suggested many times and to be truly honest we have teamspeak for a reason

On 11/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, Veesus said:

+/- support

+/- support 

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

On 11/9/2021 at 6:30 AM, islandtoad said:

+support police rp already has radios as well as ts. Radios would be amazing for new players and could create a whole section of rp so then people can steal comms.

Yes, however their TS section, from my observation, appears to be less active and it could be partially because of this. No diss to the amazing people at PRP or the server intended.

On 11/9/2021 at 2:01 AM, Yato Sensei said:

I'm gonna have to go with a - Support

It will not be used. Why? We have TS. We have splitting between SF and normal operations. If people invade your channels to meta game, why not just put a password on them? The old radio was not used not only because it was glitchy, but it was annoying as hell having to remember every single frequency of each branch and again, TS exists. It will either have to be the TS that stays or the radio replaces it. Its redundant, IMO.

This is my concern. It may result in TS becoming dead and that would be a terrible thing for the community. Honestly, outside of that, I think this would be a great thing to have.

+Support with the assumption that we do something to prevent the degradation of TS as a result of this. Perhaps still require it for certain ranks, meetings, etc.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

On 11/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, Veesus said:

+/- support

spacer.png

On 11/10/2021 at 11:12 AM, Pillercat said:

Yes, however their TS section, from my observation, appears to be less active and it could be partially because of this. No diss to the amazing people at PRP or the server intended.

This is my concern. It may result in TS becoming dead and that would be a terrible thing for the community. Honestly, outside of that, I think this would be a great thing to have.

+Support with the assumption that we do something to prevent the degradation of TS as a result of this. Perhaps still require it for certain ranks, meetings, etc.

A way to prevent TS degradation is put in a rule like security where CPL plus are required to be in TS.

• Like 1