Danny/D4 Shogun report

J0LT

Your in game name: J0LT/Pertinax 

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:229658671

The player's in game name: Danny/ D4 Shogun (differing callsigns)

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:1:118322929

Date and Time This Incident Occurred: 10/30/21. 10/18/21, 10/06/21, 

What did the player do: Prob abuse (prop climbing/building forts)

Evidence (required): (pics at the bottom) 

What do you believe should happen to the player: Warn and/or branch punishment

Any extra information: has been told (as far as i know) by Kieran not to do that, and has even done it right after i told him not to prop climb in TS

Yes i am aware D4 are allowed to place props, but the MOTD does state the following: 

"Spawning props and using them to climb into areas normally inaccessible is prohibited. The only branch exempt from this rule is Maintenance, and only for RP purposes."

"Never make doors, walls, checkpoints, use props to attempt to glitch through areas, etc. An example of appropriate use of props would be adding props to an SCP containment cell to simulate Class-D bones. "

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Benslaki_II

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

+ Support

This is about prop abuse, not about how it would work irl

(that shit is funny)

Edited by Pills

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

-Support.
To be clear, I think that this sort of behavior is in violation of the rules, namely the one that states LeRules.thumb.PNG.de55695b807dbb7a2bf99d6b7bfc9820.PNG

But here's the thing: That rule has been getting constantly violated by pretty much everyone that can construct anything using props. Asfar as I can see, there are no written down rules as to what is and isn't acceptable to build. The exact type of constructions I see in these screenshots I have seen countless times before, and they were not reported then.

Now, people might say that Danny has crossed a line by building so much, but to those I ask : Where is that line drawn? 

I don't think it's fair to punish someone for a rule that is generally unclear and poorly enforced by staff.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-support these type of builds are always used on the server and e11 d4 are allowed to build so as long as it doesn't make it where it make a area inexcusable to other people and they have a chance to go through

this d4 will not be getting punished ingame/outgame by e11 command anyway

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

20 minutes ago, frog said:

-support these type of builds are always used on the server and e11 d4 are allowed to build so as long as it doesn't make it where it make a area inexcusable to other people and they have a chance to go through

MOTD>SOP

yes im aware that they can build, so can a lot of classes. although the MOTD strictly states that only maintenance members can use props to climb

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

- Support

From what I can see in the pictures, Danny's head to mid torso is visible which means has not head glitching. All the builds seem great and non of them have floating structures. That first picture is a bit weird though. I don't know wtf is going on there.

1 hour ago, frog said:

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

1 hour ago, frog said:

The only issue with that is that staff/general players don’t have access to the d4 sop so we have no idea what the d4 rules are.

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

3 minutes ago, islandtoad said:

The only issue with that is that staff/general players don’t have access to the d4 sop so we have no idea what the d4 rules are.

i have been told by Kieran (D4 lead) that this is against their rules, and he has talked to him multiple times. Im only reporting it because it doesnt seem to stop after he tells them not to

spacer.png

+Support 
Putting this right outside D-Block pisses off researchers, wardens, and maintenance because it gets super crowded in that intersection when there are stair forts and walls like these. Its hell for CI as well 

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

I mean I am going  to side with Phil here. 

It's not just Danny who does it, it's pretty global infact. So yeah there is my 2 cents.

-support [Rules should get clarified]

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

28 minutes ago, Grеg said:

+Support 
Putting this right outside D-Block pisses off researchers, wardens, and maintenance because it gets super crowded in that intersection when there are stair forts and walls like these. Its hell for CI as well 

I get the other two but researchers shouldn’t be hanging out there.

-Support as this would be a crackdown on one person for a rule that is commonly broken. We’d need to be steady in starting to enforce this kind of thing, not go from “not enforcing” to “warn everyone”

• Like 1

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

- support for punishment request.

i believe a verbal is fine as the rules are somewhat wonky, even then I believe this should’ve been handled by a staff member in game or by simply going to a high command member.

also L brackets are goated asf

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

-support

These builds are used almost daily and no reports have been made and as far as i can tell the D4 isnt "glitching or reaching an area he isnt supposed to" he is just a few feet off the ground using supports and whatnot.

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

18 hours ago, Skela said:

i believe a verbal is fine as the rules are somewhat wonky, even then I believe this should’ve been handled by a staff member in game or by simply going to a high command member.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Skela said:

Both me and J0lt have talked to D4 heads/high command more than once about him doing this and with all the verbals he gets he keeps doing this.

+Support.

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

23 hours ago, Grеg said:

+Support 

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

+/- support

I mean I typically build pretty wacky barricades, only on maintenance so meh. I guess its against the rules but I also think it wasnt meant to breka the rules just a misinterpretation. But this could of been avoided if you called maintenance to build it!! 🙂

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

Accepted

Thank you for the report. Appropriate action against the player and or staff member will be taken to ensure that they receive the correct punishment.

The building structures used within the Screenshots are not permitted to be used on the server because it can cause unfair combat situations. However because the MOTD is not completely clear with the building guidelines for these particular building structures the punishment is lowered to a verbal warning, SMT will be working towards finalizing and making more clear guidance rules for building in future.

• Like 1