Add/Re-Add Speed Limits - Accepted - In Progress - Denied

HeadHuntingSniper

What you want to see? - The addition or re-addition of speed limits being placed on the MOTD or in the map with signs.

Why should we add it? - The thing about the current state of the server is that people are getting away with speeding around and driving recklessly. Somewhat, State and other Police Units cannot enforce speed limits. I heard someone state "SMT said the old speed limits cannot be enforced because they are not on the MOTD." I hate the words of that and I believe they should be added. This might not be at the TOP of the managers/SMT priority list, but it would at least be nice to know if they are actually planning on adding something for speed limits.

SO, from what I remember before it was that the speed limits where
-35 Inner City
-25 In Suburbs
-65 in Outskirts
- You can go 5 above and 15 under

If something would get added to make an official speed limit so people can't just say "There is no speed limit presented", we should add a speed limit as we are in North Carolina, not Germany Autobahn's with 130 MPH -> "NO SPEED" speed limits.

What are the advantages of having this? - People can get in trouble for speeding and speed limits can be enforced somewhat. This would also make it so people can get pulled over more for speeding as it technically becomes a rule to get enforced.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone. This would need to be followed by both Gov and Crim/Civ.

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922443220

Edited by RG Greg or Trooper Lewis
Added Link to content

ISB:IA- Agent Greg

Death Trooper - SN03

Senior Gamemaster

• Head Admin

-Support

Don't get me wrong that I would love for this to be a thing, but unless if there is some kind of addon or content we can use, then there is no real way to implement this (SMT don't make content like this!) The only possible way I could think of this being enforced (speed limits) is by using cruise control in your car, which even then, very few people know about and even less I'm sure know how to use it.

I like the idea, but it's not possible to implement this at the current time in my opinion.

Edited by Will

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

-support

I love the idea but the addons that can check speed are very laggy. However tho in the future I think SMT should hire a dev to make a non laggy and simple radar gun script to check speed. Great suggestion but unfortunately not possible to implement and we'd also need a custom speedometer added so players can know how fast they are going as well.

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

-support

we had the radar gun it got removed because it caused an ungodly amount of lag

if people are driving EXCESSIVELY recklessly (purposefully ramming gov) make a report for copbait or Failrp with video evidence!

Edited by jackyman21

Former: Dispatch Director | PD MAJ | SCU CPT | FBI SAIC/HRT/DEA | SCO19

I wasn't talking about adding the speed gun back into the server. I was saying add a speed limit so people can't drive 100 MPH IN SUBURBS OR CITY and say their is no speed limit. I feel like the amount of speed should be common sense that you don't drive super fast in cities and suburbs and you can drive faster in outskirts. No normal person besides like in street races should be committing FELONY SPEEDS (or speeds that can get you arrested).

ISB:IA- Agent Greg

Death Trooper - SN03

Senior Gamemaster

• 5 weeks later...