General Suggestion - Prevent the Research level 100 job from teleporting when chased by 096. - Denied

Lannie

General Suggestions

What are you suggesting? - Implement a rule so that when the level 100 job for research is spotted (and being hunted) by 096, they cannot teleport away.

How would this change better the server? -  When 096 spots a target who is facing them for longer than 3 seconds, he is technically "Enraged" and will hunt the person until they are dead. They cannot be recontained as they are enraged during this state, so when a target spots 096 but teleports away, the 096 in-RP is still enraged until the target they sought after is terminated, preventing recontainment. This occurred yesterday when a player on the Level 100 research job (which can teleport), saw 096's face, triggered it, and teleported away before being killed. This resulted in a near hour long chase and the calling of a KOS to terminate the researcher so that MTF could contain 096. The prolonged time to carry out the KOS was due to the constant teleporting, and was eventually completed ONLY when Nu7, D5, and E11 sat around at each teleport location (they are pre-determined) and waited for the researcher to teleport there.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It could cause several sits due to this being a new MOTD rule.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  MTF

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Edited by Lannie

|Retired Security CPT||Mr. Golf||Retired Maintenance OSPV||MTF E11 Directorate "V" ||Retired Omi-9 SSGT||Nu7 MSGT||Retired E-11 CPT||Retired D5 1LT||Ex-Senior Coldsilver|

+/- support

On one hand, this is a great scenario and I feel is funny AF and just straight up awesome even if it was prolonged for a while. 
On the other hand, 1 hour of 096 chaos is just.. idek

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

+support

yea, this is probably super annoying to people who get killed by 096 just because someone doesn't wanna wait a few minutes of nlr

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥! 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘥! 𝘈-𝘉 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘴 you farted!i

f i get banned who cares i've had my fun 

49 total warns 🤑

26 minutes ago, Normal_Bagel said:

No wtf if 096 looks at him and he teleports away you can still kill him later 

-support 

The problem with this is you won't know if the person died already and could get yourself in trouble so I'm going to +Support 

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

Here is my proposition for the suggestion; for whenever Xyank does look at 096 if xyank teleports away he must start adverting his location every 30sec-1 minute. 

This would best support roleplay that 096 knows where his victims are at all times while also allowing Xyank to use his weapon teleporter thing. 

• Dislike 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Rage is 5 minutes max, -support, Thaddeus is already one of the lesser useful lvl 100 jobs

1 minute ago, Some Weeb said:

Here is my proposition for the suggestion; for whenever Xyank does look at 096 if xyank teleports away he must start adverting his location every 30sec-1 minute. 

This would best support roleplay that 096 knows where his victims are at all times while also allowing Xyank to use his weapon teleporter thing. 

I’d say on 096’s request with 1 min CD

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

31 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

Seems like the best compromise.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

1 hour ago, Nydekore said:

Rage is 5 minutes max, -support, Thaddeus is already one of the lesser useful lvl 100 jobs

I’d say on 096’s request with 1 min CD

I was unaware of the 5 minutes max, that pretty much invalidates this entire post lol, but thanks for telling me

1 hour ago, Some Weeb said:

This would be a much better alternative

1 hour ago, SnarledBison said:

-Support
First of all I was the Thaddeus yesterday and it was not 1 hour. Why would someone who has a teleporting ability not use it to escape from something trying to kill them.

If it wasn't an hour, I know it was at least beyond 20-30 minutes. He was breached for a very extensive period of time, enough to mobilize MTF and figure out the set teleport positions. Otherwise I wouldn't have made this post.

|Retired Security CPT||Mr. Golf||Retired Maintenance OSPV||MTF E11 Directorate "V" ||Retired Omi-9 SSGT||Nu7 MSGT||Retired E-11 CPT||Retired D5 1LT||Ex-Senior Coldsilver|

On 10/27/2021 at 2:56 PM, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

This shouldn't be a rule in my opinion if you had a teleportation devise and some monster tried to kill you what would you do?
-SUPPORT

^Agree 
Also Agree, 096 being able to see someone Location would be cool.
Agree here too

On 10/27/2021 at 4:34 PM, Some Weeb said:

-Support on the Rule for the Dr. +Support for the 096 advert location rule.

Would be cool and a tadbit more realistic if 096 could "ping" it's target's.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector