General Suggestion- Revert the new update - Denied

oofWill

Revert to old combat!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should gaminglight SCP-RP revert to the old combat rather than the newly introduced update today.

• Yes revert back!
    • No I like this new change!
    • I like it either way.

Post name: “General Suggestion - Revert back to the old health/armor/gun damage.

What are you suggesting? - Completely switch back to how the server was a day ago. A lot of classes are useless more than they already were before especially d class.

How would this change better the server? - Everybody ive talked to so far has disliked this update. If we revert back itll be all fine and dandy again as it was. Igneous claims people were getting killed to fast and I disagree. Its so much faster now even with the -40% damage to all guns. Personally I think it was completely balanced before. Yeah there were high health and armor but everybody had it. I know they said they will monitor it but I don't believe that will change anything.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  I believe majority of the server liked it how it was before than not. The server will never be perfect nor will everyone be happy with it. The goal of making a server better is finding where majority of the people stand and making that change.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - All combat jobs.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Vote on the poll. Have a good day and thanks for everybody who reads and responds. Please give honest feedback.

oofwill2.png

+/- Support

I like the HP and AP Nerfs and how they were done, But 23 fucking shots to kill a D-Class CC with an M16ACOG is fucking insane. However I believe this update needs some more time out before it gets changed. Also some weapons are really fucking OP because of this nerf, like the Gold club because they haven't been nerfed, which is fucking KILLING so many Security. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, oofWill said:

Post name: “General Suggestion - Revert back to the old health/armor/gun damage.

What are you suggesting? - Completely switch back to how the server was a day ago. A lot of classes are useless more than they already were before especially d class.

How would this change better the server? - Everybody ive talked to so far has disliked this update. If we revert back itll be all fine and dandy again as it was. Igneous claims people were getting killed to fast and I disagree. Its so much faster now even with the -40% damage to all guns. Personally I think it was completely balanced before. Yeah there were high health and armor but everybody had it. I know they said they will monitor it but I don't believe that will change anything.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  I believe majority of the server liked it how it was before than not. The server will never be perfect nor will everyone be happy with it. The goal of making a server better is finding where majority of the people stand and making that change.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - All combat jobs.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Vote on the poll. Have a good day and thanks for everybody who reads and responds. Please give honest feedback.

Note: This also buffs all custom classes as they are now so much more powerful then some combatants in the foundation......

oofwill2.png

Mass + Support

This whole update seem very un fair from my perspective as an Nu7 main.  Behemoth has become un playable and CC's are even more OP. CI did not get hit nearly as hard we Nu7 so CI raids are a massive pain. Plus I have seen no change in how long combat lasts for.

+ Support

The reasoning behind the update was because the Managers believe that health values were getting too large, yet I think it was actually the closest to fair we've had in a while. The way I measured is with a max HP/Armor MTF CC (200 200). Any other measurement was liable to change, however the managers made it clear that the HP of the CCs would not change. For Nu7, the only 3 classes that had more total HP/Armor (EP) than a max CC (excluding 7101), was HSU (SF), Officer (command), and commander.

With the new change---

- A max (MTF) CC is stronger than every Nu7 class with the exceptions of Commander (50 more EHP) and 7101.

- They claim to have nerfed all weapon's damage by 40%, but it appears to only have affected TFA Base weapons (which excludes Doom weapons, All legends weapons, Knifes received a small nerf but they're still better than they used to be.

- They didn't touch SCP Healths, which means they're all a ton harder to kill.

- With the new change they decided to make Nu7 far weaker than the other MTF branches, as in our SF branch is, instead of how it used to be (same EHP but with different distributions for HP/Armor) They made HSU weaker than the other 2 SFs.

- Nu7's SF Branch is just about worse than CI's Beta class (HSU is an SF handpicked at SGT+, and Beta is a class given to all senior enlisted, oh and HSU is also a 6 slot job.)

- The D-Class CCs are now able to solo Command and even SF with their 100/100 state and their golden golf clubs.

And all of these are literally only the changes that affect Nu7, I don't even think that's 5% of the problems that this update has caused. Not to mention all of Nu7 command seems to hate the decision, as well as most everyone I've talked to. The only people that might benefit from this is CI since they were hardly affected by the HP/Armor change. 

Edited by Zack / Zarl
Typos/Rephrase

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

1 minute ago, Zack / Zarl said:

+ Support

The reasoning behind the update was because the Managers believe that health values were getting too large, yes I think it was actually the closest to fair we've had in a while. The way I measured is with a max HP/Armor MTF CC (200 200). For Nu7, the only 3 classes that had more total HP/Armor (EP) than a max CC (excluding 7101), was HSU (SF), Officer (command), and commander.

With the new change---

- A max (MTF) CC is stronger than every Nu7 class with the exceptions of Commander (50 more EHP) and 7101.

- They claim to have nerfed all weapon's damage by 40%, but it appears to only have affected TFA Base weapons (which excludes Doom weapons, All legends weapons, Knifes received a small nerf but they're still better than they used to be.

- They didn't touch SCP Healths, which means they're all a ton harder to kill.

- With the new change they decided to make Nu7 far weaker than the other MTF branches, as in our SF branch is, instead of how it used to be (same EHP but with different distributions for HP/Armor) They made HSU weaker than the other 2 SFs.

- Nu7's SF Branch is just about worse than CI's Beta class (HSU is an SF handpicked at SGT+, and Beta is a class given to all senior enlisted, oh and HSU is also a 6 slot job.)

- The D-Class CCs are now able to solo Command and even SF with their 100/100 state and their golden golf clubs.

And all of these are literally only the changes that affect Nu7, I don't even think that's 5% of the problems that this update has caused. Not to mention all of Nu7 command seems to hate the decision, as well as most everyone I've talked to. The only people that might benefit from this is CI since they were hardly affected by the HP/Armor change. 

This^^^
Using an assault rifle feels like I’m playing air soft. I joined CI and have been played on it for a few raids after the combat update and firefights are less rewarding and are dominated by people with golf clubs that can three shot SF.

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

-Support

Ok seriously, It's been ONE fucking day and people are already complaining? I get it, Some people might not like it, But just give SMT a damn break and time to adjust stuff, In the announcment announcing these changes, They said they would adjust things as needed if they saw issues, So just give them time to get everything set in place and balanced, Cause again: This only came out TODAY.

"
We will monitor the state of combat closely, and if any additional changes are made we will notify!" - Igneous

Edited by Mitchell Hugh
  • Thanks 1

[SCP RP] Former Research Administrator | Research Field Agent | Chair Professor of RRA - Former RRH Analyst 'November 1' -- MTF Nu7 Second Lieutenant  Senior Event Team Member - Former Admin
1738.png.2860d6d83ce908d8cece340a33865cfb.png

6 minutes ago, Mitchell Hugh said:

-Support

Ok seriously, It's been ONE fucking day and people are already complaining? I get it, Some people might not like it, But just give SMT a damn break and time ot adjust stuff, In the announcment announcing these changes, They said they would adjust things as needed if they saw issues, So just give them time to get everything set in place and balanced, Cause again: This only came out TODAY.

"
We will monitor the state of combat closely, and if any additional changes are made we will notify!" - Igneous

Its one day and people already don't like it. How is more time gonna somehow change the hp and armor and damage and all that? We've had all the time we needed to decide our decisions. Plus we are just voicing our opinion. Its not complaining. It changes the game for a lot of us as nu7 isnt even fun to play anymore. I respect your opinion and can understand it though.

Edited by oofWill
  • Like 1

oofwill2.png

Just now, Mitchell Hugh said:

-Support

Ok seriously, It's been ONE fucking day and people are already complaining? I get it, Some people might not like it, But just give SMT a damn break and time ot adjust stuff, In the announcment announcing these changes, They said they would adjust things as needed if they saw issues, So just give them time to get everything set in place and balanced, Cause again: This only came out TODAY.

"

Maybe that holds true, but it seems most people agree that the "additional change" that needs to happen is the change reverting back. Also I'm pretty sure every branch is against this since CI has hostile CCs to deal with and golden golf clubs that 3 tap any SF. CCs just became the meta that are better than everything with the new change and in the words of Coltable himself "not happening CC's will not change", and so if CCs cannot be worked around HP, then HP must be worked around CCs; Thus the rating system I posted makes sense.

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

10 minutes ago, Mitchell Hugh said:

-Support

Ok seriously, It's been ONE fucking day and people are already complaining? I get it, Some people might not like it, But just give SMT a damn break and time to adjust stuff, In the announcment announcing these changes, They said they would adjust things as needed if they saw issues, So just give them time to get everything set in place and balanced, Cause again: This only came out TODAY.

"

And this is us voicing our problems so that SMT can change what needs to be changed. 

-support
So the reason why it was changed is easy to understand and don't know why it hasn't been said yet lol.
               Over the past years, mainly recent months, HP/Armor have gone through the roof. It was getting to where classes that were 200/200+ were getting to the norm. Well that also made fights unbearable as most guns could still 1 shot you or take an entire mag to kill you. Either way it was pretty stale. So what needed to be done was a 'tactical reset' of the buffs so we could still continue to grow, aka if this wasn't changed no branch update was going to allow HP/Armor buffs, which would make all updates stale and would just be boring. So what was done was this 'tactical reset' for the time being, aka this is not permanent, this is only for the time and will allow hcmd to make branch up-dates which are more exciting again and will allow for wiggle room. This is also needed to change up the combat meta to spicen things up. Is it the best, not really but what else we had was even worse, so this will also hopefully create hope for future changes. If everything was perfect than it would be hella boring, which is why things need to be broken at times in order to fix it.

Also not to mention Nu7 was always meant to be lower than E11 and CI, it is suppose to be closer to security HP/Armor than E11, just saying. Not that I like seeing Nu7 like this but their not meant to be able to compete against CI or E11 1on 1, gotta think of it as E11, Nu7, Security, and now D5 VS CI and D-class and than it becomes more clear.

• Like 4

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

You're so used to the old HP and armor, that this feels like shit. 

Give it time to get used to. 

4 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
So the reason why it was changed is easy to understand and don't know why it hasn't been said yet lol.
               Over the past years, mainly recent months, HP/Armor have gone through the roof. It was getting to where classes that were 200/200+ were getting to the norm. Well that also made fights unbearable as most guns could still 1 shot you or take an entire mag to kill you. Either way it was pretty stale. So what needed to be done was a 'tactical reset' of the buffs so we could still continue to grow, aka if this wasn't changed no branch update was going to allow HP/Armor buffs, which would make all updates stale and would just be boring. So what was done was this 'tactical reset' for the time being, aka this is not permanent, this is only for the time and will allow hcmd to make branch up-dates which are more exciting again and will allow for wiggle room. This is also needed to change up the combat meta to spicen things up. Is it the best, not really but what else we had was even worse, so this will also hopefully create hope for future changes. If everything was perfect than it would be hella boring, which is why things need to be broken at times in order to fix it.

Also not to mention Nu7 was always meant to be lower than E11 and CI, it is suppose to be closer to security HP/Armor than E11, just saying. Not that I like seeing Nu7 like this but their not meant to be able to compete against CI or E11 1on 1, gotta think of it as E11, Nu7, Security, and now D5 VS CI and D-class and than it becomes more clear.

And I couldn't have said it better. 

Edited by Right Twix Bar
  • Like 1
  • Heart-Eyes 1

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

53 minutes ago, oofWill said:

Note: This also buffs all custom classes as they are now so much more powerful then some combatants in the foundation......

I dont see how this matters in the slightest people pay a shit ton for those so it really doesnt matter. 

Overall I am going to say it no butter or sweet cheeks added

All the damn branches on this server have become mini rambo's over the course of like 6 months. Securitys regular hp went from like 100 125 to like 150 150. Then almost all MTF classes are literally 200 200 or more. Its really fuckin stupid how imbalanced it is and it has made every engagement 1 giant fuck fest.

Literally right now D block goes as follows 

10 d bois with 100 hp  vs like 30 DOOM Guy's with 200/200 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

Massive +support 

While things were getting out of hand with HP, a CI alpha operative should not have 175 / 175 and be able to solo 2 Nu7.

It also has rewarded people who bought the golf club heavily making it feel pay to win. I can understand lowering the HP/AP but decreasing damage by 40% is kinda shit. It renders many guns useless and makes this a melee only fight.

another factor that nobody is mentioning is SCP. If 682 was hard enough to get to tranq before think about now. We can barely kill a d class. So how do we kill a giant fucking lizard with 7.5K HP. This also includes scp(s) 098, 2191, 035, 610, 1048, 1265, 966, 5208, 194, 939 and so many others 

even if the HP stays the same, please just fix the gun damage 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

- Support

Over the past year I had been on the server I noticed a very aggressive change to combat wherein if you weren't a combatant with 200,200 you were dead. D Class just fucking stomping maintenance in the halls and slaughtering medical staff and just beating the shit out of researchers ruined all fun for none combatants as if you weren't a combatant you were dead. You never had the time to play cause you were always dead, one fuckin D Class could end a room of maintenance. This balance was necessary to bring fun back to all, this isn't just a combat server and while it may need adjusting you may just need to suck it up so everyone can have some fun doing what they want to

• Like 1

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Mitchell Hugh said:

-Support

"

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

1 hour ago, Jack (utility one) said:

-support

i only think some weapons needs to rebalance like snipers, shotguns.  But yeah it's only been one day.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

It’s been less than a day, let the SMT work on the update to be fine tuned and make it how it should be. HP and AP for some classes need to be fixed

MTF Epsilon-11 Colonel | farmer glennG-FUEL Fiend

Former Security DHOS

"I’m an early bird and a night owl. So I’m wise and have worms.”

― Michael Scott