General Suggestion - Clarification on D-Class CC NLR

PlantBruh

What are you suggesting? -  Provide a clear and concise set of rules for what D-Class CC's can and can't do while waiting NLR. Where are they allowed to go while on NLR? (Are they to stay inside their cells, or roam LDB, an active RP zone?), What are they allowed to do during their NLR? (Keycard crack the gensec tower, go mining, shoot into UDB/Gensec tower.) I am only making this suggestion because I have gotten wildly different answers from different moderation on what D-Class are allowed to do while they are waiting their NLR. 

How would this change better the server? - It would provide a clear set of rules for D-Class CC's to follow regarding what they can and cannot do.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None, it would make make both D-Class and GenSec's lives easier by having clear rules. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Both GenSec and D-Class CC owners. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

From experience I tell d-class they are allowed to wander lower d-block. Just wander. They can’t shoot back at gensec unless shot at. But they canmt bait gensec. Like holding a gun out. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

From my understanding, they must remain in their cell for 60 seconds. Allowing them out runs the risk of them interfering in an RP environment. I feel like it would be unfair to allow them to respawn and just wait by the elevator, which is what would happen. If it's somehow not a solid rule, then I believe it should be changed to where they must stay in their cells for the duration like literally everyone else has to stay where they spawn, it's just 60 seconds too.

Edited by Pillercat

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

11 hours ago, Pillercat said:

From my understanding, they must remain in their cell for 60 seconds. Allowing them out runs the risk of them interfering in an RP environment. I feel like it would be unfair to allow them to respawn and just wait by the elevator, which is what would happen. If it's somehow not a solid rule, then I believe it should be changed to where they must stay in their cells for the duration like literally everyone else has to stay where they spawn, it's just 60 seconds too.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

13 hours ago, Ashe Fox said:

+support

NLR for d class is so undefined it’s actually crazy, I want specific rules listed within the MOTD.

11 hours ago, Pillercat said:

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+/- Support
-They should define if you can attack people in upper or not
-You should still be allowed to go mining and wait by the elevator on NLR, it doesn't hurt anything

• Like 1

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

34 minutes ago, Sgt. Salvador said:

+Support

D-Class should be able to leave their cell, go mine, and be by the elevator but CANNOT go ON the elevator, or press the button to make it go up.

Add -Not allowed to pull out any weapons or harm/shoot at anyone during NLR (Obviously)

• Thanks 1

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+Support

On 10/21/2021 at 11:20 PM, Chief_ said:

From experience I tell d-class they are allowed to wander lower d-block. Just wander. They can’t shoot back at gensec unless shot at. But they canmt bait gensec. Like holding a gun out. 

Allowing them out of their cells causes a distraction for any Foundation Forces that are looking down there. If there is an active shooter then they will be one more target to be ruled out. If someone is moving to the Lower D-Block Tower then they will also be another potential threat to be analyzed. If there is a lockdown then they will be one more potential threat to be ruled out, causing a distraction if they are lingering near the elevator. Every other job in the game with an NLR has to wait in their spawn for the duration, it's obscenely unfair for paid classes to receive special treatment.

• Dislike 3

On 10/22/2021 at 2:42 PM, LilThinMints said:

+/- Support
-They should define if you can attack people in upper or not
-You should still be allowed to go mining and wait by the elevator on NLR, it doesn't hurt anything

+support on adding that they may not fire at gensec or hold out guns or crack tower etc, but they still should be able to go mining or just be in LDB.

As for threat identification? Skill issue.

Edited by Loaff
  • Dislike 1

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

7 hours ago, Zombinator said:

+Support

Allowing them out of their cells causes a distraction for any Foundation Forces that are looking down there. If there is an active shooter then they will be one more target to be ruled out. If someone is moving to the Lower D-Block Tower then they will also be another potential threat to be analyzed. If there is a lockdown then they will be one more potential threat to be ruled out, causing a distraction if they are lingering near the elevator. Every other job in the game with an NLR has to wait in their spawn for the duration, it's obscenely unfair for paid classes to receive special treatment.

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

• 2 weeks later...