Cosmic's Delta-5 Application

Cosmic

Your In-Game Name: Cosmic

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:115013183

How long have you been playing on the server for?:

I've been playing on the server since December 2020 so 10 months.

List all of the RP ranks you hold on the server. (MTF, Gensec, Etc.) : CI COL, Retired R&D AIN

What Command position are you applying for? (list two): 1LT/CPT

Why do you want to become Delta-5 Command? (250+ Words):

As the branch is brand new I feel like there is need for good command members and me and a few other people feel like we are up to the challenge, as the branch is new as I said a lot of people will immediately try to get in and with a lot of people, come a lot of minges, so as command we need to make sure that nobody is heavily minging and affecting other people's experience on Delta-5 or on any other branch during RP. As other people I am also interest in joining Delta-5 because of course it's new. I've also always been up to the idea of having a 2nd life but other branches never really interested me, I did try nu7 once, got to the rank of CPL but then I chose it's better if I stay in CI only for the moment as I was currently undergoing uni exams and didn't have the time for a 2nd branch but now that has changed and I have a lot of freetime in my hands which I can give to Delta-5 I would also like to say that I am also GMT but a late nighter as well so I can both be on when it's really early in the morning and really late in the night and basically never miss out on anything, don't worry about my health I'm used to 5 hours of sleep. If I do not get this position I'll still try to be an enlisted when that option is available as I'm dedicated to join this branch

Why do you feel you are the best option for this position? (150+ Words): 

Unlike others I didn't choose high ranks like LTCOL or MAJ and instead decided to shoot for either 1LT or CPT. Reason for this is because I believe that the SCMD that gets the spot will have to work way harder than anyone else because once you reach that rank you do have to give it your all to make a good image of yourself, I've experienced this with CI and when I got COL I always made sure that I gave it my all and didn't slack off. On top of this I have already been command in 2 branches Military and formerly in R&D so I have a lot of experience as a command member and I'm mature and know how to deal with other people causing problems in the branch and have also shown that many times. With me joining Delta-5 command I'm also hoping to create a stable relationship with not only all branches but mainly CI as that's where sometimes the drama "CAN" start from

Why should we trust you for this position?:

I feel like you should trust as I've been part of this community for a long time and haven't resigned ever since I joined, I have gained a high rank in CI and also regarding staff  (Admin) which shows that I have very good knowledge over the rules on the server. Regarding rules on the server I always made sure that my "minging" ,which I sometime do since that's also a way of getting people to like you or have fun with you, never broke any major rules or any rules at all and since the first day that I joined I always made sure I didn't get warned for any dumb shit I did. Also made sure I didn't get strikes in any branch that I was ever in (Sadly some people still up to these days think I'm some other cosmic which I never knew who seemingly had some warnings and bans on him)

Do you have past leadership / command experience? If so please list them. (Limit it to Gmod only please):

I don't really play on any gmod servers besides Gaminglight's SCP RP so the only lists I'm gonna make are regarding the server. CI COL, former Head of Hotshot before moving up, Former AIN before resigning to focus on CI, self proclaimed CI meeting notes writer (kek)

You are in LCZ and Security is requesting assistance due to a Mass D Block Riot; however, Chaos Insurgency has been called out for taking a SCP in HCZ. What would you do in this situation, and why?:

This is where communication is the most important thing. First off I'll ask everyone positions and status (In combat, patrolling for threats, or dead), based on the answers I'll ask the "team" (from 3 to 4 peeps) closest to LCZ  to group up and take care of the D-class, after that I'll make sure to gather all the other info (ci callouts and locations) to setup groups which will be going after CI. Another scenario to take in mind is if I just flagged on the job and they're asking for the D-class to be dealt with, as some people said that Delta-5 spawn in MTF bunks I'll deal with CI first, but if I'm closer to LCZ than the others I'll go with the team that's going to LCZ but I'm gonna focus on making sure the others coordinate well to take down CI and as soon as I'm done with D-class I'll go help them ASAP.

What would you do if those under your command are not following orders and are breaking the SOP?:

Depends on the rank of the person and the time spent in the branch, most of the time I try to give new people a second chance and go over with them about what the did wrong, depending on how big the rule broken is I'll choose if it's 1 extra chance or 2 but if this happends the third time then the punishment will be given with no questions. If the person that is not following orders and also broke the SOP is a higher rank like an NCO or soon to be one, I'll specifically remind them their rank and that it's not just there to be pretty and that they need to act like their, based on what rule they broke (from minor to major) I'll decide what my punishment will be, worst case scenario being a removal.

How would you react to someone asking to be put into Delta-5 without a tryout and to be fast promoted?:

I'll remind them that they have to do a tryout and if they persist after being told that or try going around me and asking another command/FTO, I'll make sure they are placed on a DNT. Regarding someone asking to be promoted I'll tell them that asking is not gonna bring them anywhere and they should never ask that to a command member, not even as a joke as that can still lead them to getting punished/placed on a DNT/DNP

Explain how you would react to receiving an anonymous tip about a GOI group:

If the tip is about the GOI's location, I would NEVER EVER send anyone by themselves to check it out, unless they are a cloaking unit. If the cloaking unit is not on or they are currently dealing with a threat somewhere in the facility I'll make a team group up and patrol/inspect the area that has been given by the anonymous guy. The 2 cases here are: We find the GOI group and figure out what they're doing there and eventually take care of them or there is nobody. In the second case the it could have been a failed ambush as they saw us come in a group so they decided to flee or the  "Anonymous" gave us fake information to distract us from something else, which is why I wouldn't make a team bigger than 6 or smaller than 4. Those numbers are to give us a good chance at taking care of this GOI group and also to not get captured/killed. At the end if the tip was fake I'll immediately make sure the 2 gates are checked and if either is open signifing a possible breach/raid in the site, I'll make sure it's dealt with.

Do you promise to be committed to Delta-5 and to lead by example if you are accepted into Delta-5?: 

I promise that I will be commited to the position I'm taking as I'm on everyday except on Saturdays where I only get on for 2 hours and that I will be a good example to everyone of what a Delta-5 command should be like and especially to the enlisteds, I'll make sure they are trained well and during their journey through the ranks they mature and learn how to be a good member of Delta-5 so that in case they also apply/get the position of command they will be good command members aswell.

Edited by Cosmic The Italian

EX Head Of Staff SCP-RP | CI will forever be in my heart. 1/15/21 - 8/1/22 (CI CMDR Cosmic ITLY)

• Toasty locked this topic