unable to change name to "Chef" - *NOT A BUG* Closed

OWNED

so for some reason, within the server I am (and other people) are unable to change our name the "Chef"

I've attempted to changes and even contacted an admin about it, but nobody can figure out why

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

This is most likely because another player on the server set their name to "Chef" which put it in the database.

Two players cannot have the same RPname at once without use of certain commands, which makes the name "Chef" unavailable to you.
This is not a bug.

Edited by Starstep

On 10/9/2021 at 9:23 AM, Starstep said:

This is most likely because another player on the server set their name to "Chef" which put it in the database.

Two players cannot have the same RPname at once without use of certain commands, which makes the name "Chef" unavailable to you.
This is not a bug.

I think hes saying that he wants the name and if the person is not active can't you guys force name?

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

On 10/9/2021 at 8:23 AM, Starstep said:

This is not a bug.

while I was on the server, there was nobody else named chef when he tried renaming himself.

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

1 hour ago, ItzGray said:

while I was on the server, there was nobody else named chef when he tried renaming himself.

It doesn't matter if anyone else named "Chef" is on the server. It is in the database that another player is named Chef, and so it won't allow him to change his name to Chef unless SMT frees up the name in the database.

• Like 1

Yea i had this happen to me when i first picked frog but its easier just to put the in front of your name since the basename is usually always taken

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

Not a Bug

After looking into this, we have decided that this is an intended feature of the game and NOT a bug. If you think this should be changed in the future feel free to make a post in the suggestions section of the forums for that server.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021