Are oatmeal and cereal both soups/stews

Average Pipebomb enjoyer

You speak the truth but the truth is sometimes hated like now

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

By definition, yes, oatmeal is cereal. But cereal is not usually oatmeal. Basically just oats in milk. 

But stews require a meat and soups require water or stock (basically just something boiled in water).

In conclusion, I am superior to you as I proved you wrong on the internet. 

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

25 minutes ago, Right Twix Bar said:

By definition, yes, oatmeal is cereal. But cereal is not usually oatmeal. Basically just oats in milk. 

But stews require a meat and soups require water or stock (basically just something boiled in water).

In conclusion, I am superior to you as I proved you wrong on the internet. 

lol, define "superior"

Raptor Team Owner|  Nu7 Hammer Down/HSU/SM | Medical/EFM

5 hours ago, russianweeb69 said:

Yes but cereal is a soup so that makes oatmeal a soup yes?

But, cereal isn't a soup. 

Soups need water or stock to be boiled to be considered such. 

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

On 10/6/2021 at 1:09 PM, GAM3 said:

You see, here's the problem. Oatmeal is oats, just mixed with water. It is a combination, not a mixture of multiple things. Thus it's soup.

If you mix oatmeal or cereal with anything but milk, you're clinically insane.